RNC

As a yellow-dog Democrat, let me say that I hope Ted Cruz has sealed his political fate for the foreseeable future.  The fact that he did not endorse Trump last night is beneath contempt.  If you don't like the honoree, don't go to the party.  And, certainly don't make speeches that obviously do not contain an endorsement of the nominee.  Whether Sen. Cruz likes it or not, Donald Trump won the nomination fair and square.  He is the Republican Party's nominee for President in 2016.

Even the Texas delegation was visibly upset by Cruz.  I think Sen. Cruz may have just invited some serious party primary competition for the next time he comes up for re-election.

Reactions: 1 person
agreed he didn't do himself any favors with that and the crowd reacted accordingly

But, let's not forget that early in the primary season, all of the candidates (at that time), including Ted Cruz, were asked to pledge support for the ultimate candidate regardless of who it might be.  Most of the candidates, including Ted Cruz, agreed to support the candidate regardless of who it might be.  Unless Cruz states support for Trump or openly campaigns for Trump, that makes him a liar, and someone who's word is not worth anything.

Reactions: 2 people
Glenn Quagmire said:
What an insanely stupid deal Trump made by giving Cruz a speaking slot without an endorsement.
Trump gave him a rope to climb higher or to hang himself. Looks like he chose the noose instead.

Time will tell.

Glenn Quagmire said:
What an insanely stupid deal Trump made by giving Cruz a speaking slot without an endorsement.

Trump said NBD.

Reports his speech was vetted, then he tossed it at the podium.

Doesn't matter, really.

He tried to get into a private party with Adelson and the Kochs and was refused entry.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Trump is untouchable, or did you miss that?

Anyone paying attention to Trump's children?
WOW, his 2 sons are so knowledgeable, articulate and good public speakers.
They should kick the 'old man' out and run for office.

If anyone can't understand how Cruz feels after the Trump smear and attacks, well, too bad.
I know I wouldn't appreciate it, specifically from Trump.

B) xUT

xUT said:
Trump is untouchable, or did you miss that?

Anyone paying attention to Trump's children?
WOW, his 2 sons are so knowledgeable, articulate and good public speakers.
They should kick the 'old man' out and run for office.

If anyone can't understand how Cruz feels after the Trump smear and attacks, well, too bad.
I know I wouldn't appreciate it, specifically from Trump.

B) xUT

Yeah, he dissed the wife and father. Woeful inexperience as a politician......however, extremely qualified to start to close the establishment plantation.

He's getting it hard from the quid pro quo crowd.

'Donnie' seems to have the knack down already.

CBS evening news did a diss on the GOP saying all the restaurants and bars were looking for some type on economic windfall that hasn't happened like they had hoped. Like its GOP's fault?

First, who wants to go to Cleveland?

Second, wasn't it MSM crowing all year about the expected riots and so on 'just like '68?

I was up there several years ago and there are some nice spots, but going down to the lake front area, I was shocked to see a majority of the bars and clubs boarded up. Damn near ghetto.

Wait until they experience the brotherly love in Philly.

Read the Bernie crew have taken up most camping areas outside of the city a couple weeks ago, in preparation to protest HC.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, the area I described was going to the stadium and RR HoF. It was an eye opener.

Like I said, couple other cool areas in the west end......real cool multi-cultural indoor marketplace. 

Just kinda shocked when we went down to the lakefront.