Rumor from down under

Status
Not open for further replies.
737823 said:
It's what Parker and his team like. Apparently the A321T configuration is being "re-evaluated".

Josh
Source or another one of your misinformation postings?

Reactions: 2 people
Standing-room-concept.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
737823 said:
It's what Parker and his team like. Apparently the A321T configuration is being "re-evaluated".

Josh

and if true it also means AA's transcon strategy is up for review too.

It truly would be a shame if AA ends up ditching a product that they just reworked. 

Does anyone know if United is still offering WB 3 class Transcons,not sure if DAL ever did. AA new management are chepo.

Josh,

Let's say the new 321T is unprofitable - what would you do? 

Keep losing money? 

Raise fares and have customers book away based upon price - lose more money? 

Or re-evalute what configuration would work to make money?

I guess your point is if it is PM-AA it must be perfect - which we all know that is not true. 

Have you flow the dumpy 777's in AA fleet lately?

Where I fly there the 777 not  dumpy,it must be that some markets they don't care much about and others more.

jcw said:
Josh,

Let's say the new 321T is unprofitable - what would you do? 

Keep losing money? 

Raise fares and have customers book away based upon price - lose more money? 

Or re-evalute what configuration would work to make money?

I guess your point is if it is PM-AA it must be perfect - which we all know that is not true. 

Just wait for the American Westification of those interior.

PM-AA is not perfect but it's much better than Pm-US or the merger.

The AA 777s are nice, it's not Singapore or Cathay but they are adequate. Guess you haven't seen the awesome new 777-300ER cabin.

How are those USAIR 762s? Pretty dumpy.

And I flew envoy on your new A332 N287AY to TLV (less than a year old) and it was already I poor condition. The AA product is far superior, everyone knows that except the US employees on this forum who don't get out and experience other carriers.

Josh

boston said:
Does anyone know if United is still offering WB 3 class Transcons,not sure if DAL ever did. AA new management are chepo.
No. UA is two-cabin 757s, three-cabin was phased out in 2012.

DL runs two-cabin 757s and 763s.

Josh

nycbusdriver said:
Parker will cure that within two years.  The AA product will be dragged down to American West standards.
Yep I'm counting on it. Shame because PM-AA standalone plan focused on positioning the brand as a premium airline brand with investment in facilities, on-board product, etc. US Airways product is so inconsistent I mean some of your A321s have power others don't, some East Airbus are new but America West are dumpiest, even internationally the envoy seat is inferior to the new AA Business class seat and yes I've experienced both numerous times along with premium products from leading airlines world wide.

Josh

jcw said:
Josh,

AFAIK, the only airline that has "dumpy" 777s is UA, and they are used for Mainland to Hawaii.

How many 777s is US bringing to the table, dumpy or otherwise?

Riiight.

737823 said:
Yep I'm counting on it. Shame because PM-AA standalone plan focused on positioning the brand as a premium airline brand with investment in facilities, on-board product, etc. US Airways product is so inconsistent I mean some of your A321s have power others don't, some East Airbus are new but America West are dumpiest, even internationally the envoy seat is inferior to the new AA Business class seat and yes I've experienced both numerous times along with premium products from leading airlines world wide.
Josh
I saw a US 757 with 8 (eight!) seats in FC!

Two tiny rows!

I would have laughed...if it wasn't so sad.

AA's executive platinums would never stand for that shite.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
AFAIK, the only airline that has "dumpy" 777s is UA, and they are used for Mainland to Hawaii.
How many 777s is US bringing to the table, dumpy or otherwise?
Riiight.
Tell 'em!

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.