Two New 777's On The Way

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
AA has two new 777's on the way. Anticipating starting new service to China this year. Is there any possibility they may start with service to another Pacific destination, or will they just sub a 777 for a 767 on a European route?

FA Mikey said:
AA has two new 777's on the way. Anticipating starting new service to China this year. Is there any possibility they may start with service to another Pacific destination, or will they just sub a 777 for a 767 on a European route?
[post="250309"][/post]​

I believe one is being made available to do military charters to/from the Gulf.

If I recall correctly, AA ordered these several years ago and they were scheduled for delivery in 2006. Late last year, I believe, AA accelerated their delivery to late this year.

At the same time, AA pushed back several years the other seven 777s and a slew of 738s that were scheduled to be delivered 2006-2010.

AA could use them to go to Buenos Aires where I was last week and noticed to my Amazment how AA filled 2 777 to Miami, 1 763 to JFk and 1 763 to Dfw within 2 hours of each other. Santiago Chile could use and upgrade to 777's too. Just a thought on where to "put them". I'm more concerned about ehat happens when AA gets more Asian routes with no more 777, there coming from South America.

JFK777 said:
AA could use them to go to Buenos Aires where I was last week and noticed to my Amazment how AA filled 2 777 to Miami, 1 763 to JFk and 1 763 to Dfw within 2 hours of each other. Santiago Chile could use and upgrade to 777's too. Just a thought on where to "put them". I'm more concerned about ehat happens when AA gets more Asian routes with no more 777, there coming from South America.
[post="250374"][/post]​

I believe that AA can take some 777s off certain routes and replace them with 767's. They fly 2 777s from MIA to EZE. They can take one off (which I believe would free up two planes) and replace them with 2 767s. So they would have 1 777 and 2 767s serving this route for a total of 3 flights from MIA to EZE. JFK to GRU the same, take that 777 and replace with 767. Same with DFW-FRA and RDU-LGW. They can bring back the parked 767s in the desert to use them as the replacements. AA needs to add even more to Asia like ORD-HKG, DFW-HKG, etc. The should also look at Vietnam because it is said that UA is doing very well on that route.

aafsc said:
I believe that AA can take some 777s off certain routes and replace them with 767's. They fly 2 777s from MIA to EZE. They can take one off (which I believe would free up two planes) and replace them with 2 767s. So they would have 1 777 and 2 767s serving this route for a total of 3 flights from MIA to EZE. JFK to GRU the same, take that 777 and replace with 767. Same with DFW-FRA and RDU-LGW. They can bring back the parked 767s in the desert to use them as the replacements. AA needs to add even more to Asia like ORD-HKG, DFW-HKG, etc. The should also look at Vietnam because it is said that UA is doing very well on that route.
[post="250422"][/post]​

Word has it Japan Airlines may takeover one of AA's two DFW-NRT flights. This could free up another 777, and maybe AA could use those NRT slots for another NRT flight from LAX,ORD,JFK,etc?

Just about every route mentioned is in a market where we'd need to get DOT approval to add flights. NRT for example is very restricted, and we'd need to take away frequencies from another carrier to add flights. Likewise with GIG, GRU, and EZE.

Now, we could add flights to FRA or anywhere with open skies, but it may not be the best use of the aircraft... AMC charters are profitable.

aafsc said:
[post="250422"][/post]​

I think the 767's that were parked were early model 200's. Not an acceptable replacement service wise.

s80dude said:
I think the 767's that were parked were early model 200's. Not an acceptable replacement service wise.
[post="250872"][/post]​

Not only that, but Former ModerAAtor recently pointed out that some of them have already been sold and freighter mods begun; some of the others have apparently been canibalized for spare parts to keep the remaining 762s in the air. They aren't coming back. UA retires its last 762 next month. I doubt AA keeps its remaining AFS 762s flying for too many years,

As part of the Company’s fleet simplification initiative, American has agreed to sell certain aircraft. As of December 31, 2004, remaining owned aircraft to be delivered under these agreements include three Boeing 767-200 Extended Range and one Boeing 767-200 aircraft.

The Company is actively marketing its remaining Boeing 767-200 owned non-operating aircraft and does not anticipate bringing these aircraft back into service.

annual report

The logic of the party starting this post begs the question;

"SHOULD WE JUST PARK FOR A YEAR UNTIL 4/2/06"?

OF course not. AA needs more 777's, more then these 2.

RDU-LGW is usually packed in F and C every flight... the reason it changed from a 767 to a 777 in the first place.

I believe that plan has either DFW-KIX or NGO being moved up from a Nov. to a June start to replace the PVG flight