Two New 777's On The Way

Oneflyer said:
I believe that plan has either DFW-KIX or NGO being moved up from a Nov. to a June start to replace the PVG flight
[post="251224"][/post]​

If that's the case, it will have to be announced pretty quickly. For international routes, we try to have it out for sale at least 100 days prior to startup.

I'd like to see AA covert some 777 to a 2 class configuration like they did with the 767. I'm sure there's plenty of markets that could use the increase in "Y" seats.

The plan is to use the extra 777s on MIA-EZE, which will likely remain two 777s this summer instead of 772/763 like it usually is during the Argentine winter. MIA-EZE is one of the few routes that AA has no problem getting full-fare F passengers. AA is also planning on adding a third daily MIA-EZE flight for winter '06, though MIA-EZE will still likely see two 772s and one 763s. The new flight will be a daylight service, and will not need any additional aircraft. So instead of spending the day on the tarmac at EZE, the redeye 777 that does MIA-EZE will do the daylight EZE-MIA, increasing utlization. The problem is that premium cabins have a harder time filling on daylights, so it is not for certain if the daylight will be a 772.

Also, RDU-LGW is a 777 because the route is subsidized by GlaxoSmith Kline and the subsidies pay for the F seats.

Oneflyer said:
I believe that plan has either DFW-KIX or NGO being moved up from a Nov. to a June start to replace the PVG flight
[post="251224"][/post]​

ORD-NGO's original (and current) start date is Apr 3. No need to rearrange any schedules; two new Japan routes this year and PVG early next year - it's not like this year's two new 777s are going to be sitting around without a destination. B)

AAmech said:
I'd like to see AA covert some 777 to a 2 class configuration like they did with the 767. I'm sure there's plenty of markets that could use the increase in "Y" seats.
[post="251516"][/post]​

Bite your tongue -- we just got rid of the Atlantic/Pacific configs on the 777...

We'd be better off flying wingtip flights to HNL than creating another subfleet.

By the way, AA is not taking any new 777 this year, 1 will be delivered in March '06 and one more in '07.

Oneflyer said:
By the way, AA is not taking any new 777 this year, 1 will be delivered in March '06 and one more in '07.
[post="251930"][/post]​

Actually they revised the delivery schedule when they postponed the 737 deliveries, it now has the compAAny taking delivery of the two 777's in Feb and April of 2006.

2-class 777, when they are 20 years old and the next new plane flies to LHR, NRT and Buenos Aires. IF you want to fly a 777 to Hawaii, fly UA they have a few 2-class 777 around, they are real dogs with flees though: P&W powered with no Pacific Range.