Rumour- E170 Ops

You can currently fly in a CRJ all the way to IAH, MCI, and such. Customers love the E170, so Airways thinks people just love being surrounded by 69 other people. CRJs are a dreadful experience on longer flights for an average sized person.

The 170 has wider seats and more legroom than anything else coach in the whole fleet, so it's more comfortable than a 737 or Airbus in coach. The CRJ, on the other hand feels like it has less room than a Dash 8, and you better hope you like your seatmate because you are very close to them. And of course, you can't bring your bag on with you and likely won't have a jetway, unlike on the EMBs which are just like a regular jet.

The CRJ700 is fine for 1.5 hour routes, in RJ/Express markets that need a little bit more capacity on certain frequencies, but it's a miserable experience to put someone through for three hours. I can only imagine how claustrophobic an even longer CRJ would be. But I suppose US Airways can't sleep at night if it doesn't have at least two fleet types and a multitude of divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates to fly them. :rolleyes:

I hope none of those furlough rumors are true, because then I'd be out of a job! There are always rumors floating around though, but nothing can ever be confirmed. I know we're quite comfortable down in F-con in PHL, though sometimes it can get a bit annoying having to explain that you can't check your bags planeside, and deny people the "little yellow tags" that they ask for. I feel like we should just put a sign up.

I heard from the Director of Maintenance that they were seriously considering folding MDA into Mainline.

Well if the ACTUAL goal of the company is to save money (ya know the reason all the contracts have been redone) wouldnt it make sense to do away with all the duplicate layers in the company? You can only use the whipsaw effect every so often and is it really worth all the extra $ to have a "separate, but unequal?" section of the company with all the VPS down to the bottom when it could be streamlined and help THE BOTTOM LINE? I thought that was what US was working toward, getting costs in line with the LCCs. How many LCCS have 3 divisions (4 airlines) and associated costs within the one company? :down:

The rumor around PSA is the 900 would actually be the -705 with some combination of 1st class and coach. Probably 8 first and 67 coach. While not much better than 90 pax it would be more comfortable. The
CRJ/ Challenger is best in the 701 but more than 90 minutes is cruel and unusual punishment.

PoorPropDriver said:
The rumor around PSA is the 900 would actually be the -705 with some combination of 1st class and coach. Probably 8 first and 67 coach. While not much better than 90 pax it would be more comfortable. The
CRJ/ Challenger is best in the 701 but more than 90 minutes is cruel and unusual punishment.
[post="245516"][/post]​
How do you create a First Class in a CRJ-900 or 705? Do you place three seats across the cabin (1+2) or do you keep the four seats across the cabin (2+2) but give the passenger greater leg room?

justaumechanic said:
They are planning on fully integrating the E170/E190 division into Mainline.

Currenty MidAtlantic Employee's in any group other than the pilots will be furloughed in favor of Mainline Employee's..

All part of the comapny plan.

The pilots are unaffected due to a flow down flow up agreement in their contract.. No such agreement with any other working group.. MidAtlantic Employee's, thanks but your history..
[post="245298"][/post]​

This is not true.

PITBULL is correct. This rumor is false. MDA has always been part of mainline, they are just eliminating one layer of mgmnt. MDA has been treated basically the same as MetroJet with the exception that with MDA not just the pilots make less. MDA won't be "folded" back with mainline, it already is mainline. MDA is on the USAIRways operating certificate and always has been. The E-190's are rumored to be here and in revenue service with MDA by year end 2005---if we're still in business. Three additional aircraft did arrive this week, three (two in star alliance colors) are in various stages of production at this time and will be delivered sometime in March. There are no plans for more aircraft beyond that # until August. May will see MDA begin to hire once again.

And sorry, there is no bump and flush at MDA. For someone to bid MDA, there must be a vacancy with I believe the exception of the dispatchers.

During Mechanic and Related negotiations the Director of Maintenance said they were considering folding MDA into mainline. Right out of the horses mouth.

700UW said:
During Mechanic and Related negotiations the Director of Maintenance said they were considering folding MDA into mainline. Right out of the horses mouth.
[post="245539"][/post]​
yeah, well tell mr.ed to stop spreading rumors.

Back