Rumour- E170 Ops

On the side of the airplane it says " MId Atlantic Airways operated by US Airways" Its a sad joke

700UW said:
I heard from the Director of Maintenance that they were seriously considering folding MDA into Mainline.
[post="245490"][/post]​
Unless he was riding your jumpseat, we don't believe you!

700UW said:
I heard from the Director of Maintenance that they were seriously considering folding MDA into Mainline.
[post="245490"][/post]​

This is really funny.

ALPA already thinks that MDA is mainline. When furloughed pilots were coming off the street to start flying MDA ALPA wlecomed them back to mainline as if it was some glory day of furlough return.

Cheers

MDA is NOT being "merged" into mainline...

The management structure is being shifted so that the separate layer of MDA management will no longer be in place. So the same people that run flgiht ops for mainline will run flight ops for MDA. Same Base Chief Pilots and so on...

That is it. Not a merger, nor are MDA positions avail to mainline personnel to bid into except by the same procedures in place beforehand.

I know its a technicality but how do you merge a company (the 170 division) with Airways when they are already the same company?

You place the planes at mainline and the only people you have to negotiate with are the pilots and flight attendants to set a wage rate and how you will intergrate the employees and with the IAM on how the ramp and mechanics would be intergrated.

XOXO said: "MDA is NOT being "merged" into mainline...The management structure is being shifted so that the separate layer of MDA management will no longer be in place. So the same people that run flgiht ops for mainline will run flight ops for MDA. Same Base Chief Pilots and so on...That is it. Not a merger, nor are MDA positions avail to mainline personnel to bid into except by the same procedures in place beforehand."

USA320Pilot comments: XOXO's comments are accurate. In regard to the next 12 RJ deliveries, 9 are CRJ-700s for PSA and 3 are EMB-170s for MDA, all of which had PDP's made last year. These aircraft have firm delivery dates and will arrive before the end of February. In addition, US Airways is holding discussions about widebody mainline aircraft orders to rationalize the fleet along with final exit financing presentations.

US Airways had evaluated the EMB-170 for Shuttle flights and mainline flying, but has elected to pull this aircraft off of the Shuttle and to not integrate the division into the mainline.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Funny that is not what the Director of Maintence and the SR VP of Maintenance was telling the IAM M&R Negotiating Committee.

700UW:

With all due respect, things change and your information is now old news.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. If my memory serves me correctly this will give MDA 28 EMB-170s and PSA 37 CRJ-200s and 14 CRJ-700s. There will likely be no more 50-seat RJs delivered to the network.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

And you are now VP of Express since Ashby moved over to marketing?

Funny Mainline heavy maintenance mechanics in PIT have now been working on the E-170s.

And we shall see who is shown to be correct.

Will those planes at least have the "Express" titles removed? It is about time. They should also be included in the "mainline" fleet count.

700UW said:
And you are now VP of Express since Ashby moved over to marketing?

Funny Mainline heavy maintenance mechanics in PIT have now been working on the E-170s.

And we shall see who is shown to be correct.
[post="245690"][/post]​
n810md was put in hgr 1 last night so ndt testing could be preformed from a lav truck incident in pvd and a composit repair was done in hgr 7 on a t/r fairing on another mda a/c that it

MDA is NOT being "merged" into mainline...

The management structure is being shifted so that the separate layer of MDA management will no longer be in place. So the same people that run flgiht ops for mainline will run flight ops for MDA. Same Base Chief Pilots and so on...

That is it. Not a merger, nor are MDA positions avail to mainline personnel to bid into except by the same procedures in place beforehand.

I did not really post this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone tell me how someone got my password???????????? I havnt even been home in 3 days!!!! :eek:

SoldWholeSale said:
PITBULL is correct. This rumor is false. MDA has always been part of mainline, they are just eliminating one layer of mgmnt. MDA has been treated basically the same as MetroJet with the exception that with MDA not just the pilots make less. MDA won't be "folded" back with mainline, it already is mainline. MDA is on the USAIRways operating certificate and always has been. The E-190's are rumored to be here and in revenue service with MDA by year end 2005---if we're still in business. Three additional aircraft did arrive this week, three (two in star alliance colors) are in various stages of production at this time and will be delivered sometime in March. There are no plans for more aircraft beyond that # until August. May will see MDA begin to hire once again.

And sorry, there is no bump and flush at MDA. For someone to bid MDA, there must be a vacancy with I believe the exception of the dispatchers.
[post="245535"][/post]​
Sold...
You are correct about everything except...the call letters are MAA, not MDA.
Also, the 3 in stages of production won't be delivered until emergence from BK, June 1. Delivery is expected in late July or mid August

Back