Rumours On A Reservation Center In Phillipines

Aug 23, 2002
Despite the denials by leader of the USAIRWAYS reservation Centers that trips to the Phillipines were only routine sales trips....That USAIRWAYS has no intensions of outsoucing reservations ...Rumours continue that that is not truthful..

Also USAIRWAYS is advertising for airport/Call Center positions on Monster.com, in Birmingham, AL

I guess the airline has said that it was a mistake that it is not for call center operations....

And that it is a mistake, that the ad was supposed to be for USAIRWAYS Express and airport operations....

BUT if so, why hasn't the ad been corrected or changed...It is still the same ad.....
And Monster.com doesn't make up the ad, the advetiser does....

The ad does not say "USAIRWAYS EXPRESS" and still states "Call Center" in the position title...
B)

Itrade,

Why don't you give DC a call ans ask them about the new BHM office. On three seperate calls to DC it has been confirmed. And Everytime the company trys to cover it up. Just yesterday my friend who is furloughed called DC. She was asking about filing a recall form to come back to resv. She asked if she could put BHM for a recall city. The DC rep advised her "It WOULD'NT HURT." Why is this BHM office being kept under lock and key?????????????????????

This is how this company now operates. Deceit, lies, and arragance to it's very own employees. It's disguesting to even tell people where I work.

There was an article in today's Orlando Sentinel concerning Delta, it said they actually polled their frequent flyers to see if they would be willing to pay more to be able to talk to someone who's first language is English-as opposed to their India call center. The FT did not warm-up to this question, they were like well, you guys must be desparate to try and make money by offering us this choice. Like, why will I pay extra to get service that will make me choose to fly your airline. Maybe Usairways will, for a change, learn from anothe airlines mistake. Rather than, per usual, be the follower, and then realize the mistake

Here's a Phillipines marketing story for you....and the point is to show how management in ANY industry might go about it.

After my furlough from U (so if I get recalled do I go back to year one pay???) I decided to start my own business! Wow, what a great run I had. Well, it was a franchise. And we had a telemarketing department located right here in the good ole usofa. They were great! Everyone I delivered a sample of my product to couldn't believe they actually talked to a NICE telemarketer! I got all the leads I asked for. Many sales were closed (about 25% of leads). I was soon to be a mogul...adding 80 customers every month. I'm glad I had them because I am the anti-salesman....that means that instead of talking people into buying I talk them out of buying.

Well, one Thursday we get an email. Telemarketing is closing shop for the weekend. They've been working HARD and deserve some time off. They're sending the manager and his wife to Disneyland for the weekend. Everything is wonderful.

Then manager returns home. It is Sunday and he drives by the shop. There's an 18 wheeler and they're clearing out the Telemarking shop. Wow! Desks, computers, chairs. You name it, they're taking it. So of course he's a little worried when he goes in on Monday. Oh, so sorry my good fellow. But it seems that you and your workers are just a little too costly for us. Remember those training tapes that you've been making? Well, we've been sending them over to the P. I.!!! Thanks for doing a really bang-up job on them. Or should we say, "Bravo Zulu!".

So, of course now I am hearing how great this is all going to be. I mean these Philipinos are really industrious (I don't doubt that) and they all have at least 4 years of college (ok) and they will work really cheap (ok again). Well, count me out until I see some results. And then the results came. After 6 months it was clear that this move was a total disaster. Those that continued to use telemarketing were absolutely furious. People couldn't understand what they were saying, people were being lied to about our product (I never had one unhappy telemarketing customer out of over 500 of them!), people were being treated rudely. Did I say disaster?

But boy was it cheap!

Final thought.... Sometimes I want to dial 800 428 4322 and just tell the person that answers the phone that I'm pulling for them and that they have always been totally helpful and knowledgeable and so on.

Don't do it U!!!

jm

It would certainly be a mistake to do it now.

What's scary is to look ahead about a decade. All of the bugs in the system that we see today (bad connections, accents, people who don't know how to do anything outside of a narrow range of options) are correctible. And they're being corrected.

So what'll happen in a decade when the only difference between the Filipino and the American is the cost? I'm afraid it's a dying breed in this country.

If US Airways re-enters bankruptcy it could reject the Winston-Salem Rez facility too, just like in Pittsburgh, and then seek to set aside the CWA contract in court.

Do I like this thought? Absolutely not, but every union including mine are looking down the barrel of a loaded revolver. The trigger is being held by the ATSB, the aircraft financiers, and RSA.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
If US Airways re-enters bankruptcy it could reject the Winston-Salem Rez facility too, just like in Pittsburgh, and then seek to set aside the CWA contract in court.

Do I like this thought? Absolutely not, but every union including mine are looking down the barrel of a loaded revolver. The trigger is being held by the ATSB, the aircraft financiers, and RSA.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
In bankruptcy they can seek to abrogate your contract and your 1113 letter and outsource your flying to Mesa too.

Give it a rest, we all know what can happen, and I will say it again, it seems you take glee and joy in regard to what can happen to everyone else.

Why don't you worry about yourself and stop telling other unions and its members what to do.

Do I need to post your false fact filled Charlotte Observer OP-ED piece again?

You know the piece you wrote that your own union had to put out a code a phone message and press release disavowing you.

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
You would LOVE to pull said trigger. What is the matter with you and your family life? I really want to know. As do the rest of us EARTH inhabitanents.

Walmartgreeter:

Nobody likes what is happening to the U.S. airline industry except the LCCs and their employees. Everybody at this company has been hurt, but I firmly believe regardless of an employee position, people will be better off with the airline operating versus liquidating.

In regard to my family life, they're at home and I am on the road. How about yours?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

If anyone hasn't noticed outsourcing overseas has become a huge issue in this country and there aren't many consumers happy about it. There have been several companies who tried and failed and brought call centers back to the US. Now DL is scrambling to right the same situation only problem is they will tick off more people by asking them to pay for a US rep.

Let's face it. Most companies will do anything to make an extra dollar. What amazes me is that they will outsource to India or the Phillipines to lower labor costs; however, noone mentions the money that may be saved if managerial positions were outsourced. I know it's somewhat of a stupid comparison because it will never happen. But think about it for a minute. They will do anything possible to make their own pockets more fat.

Saw a recent article about a big insurance company called Conseco that opened a call center in India... It was a disaster...They wound up closing it .....and reopening the call centers in the USA....Yeaaahhhhh!!!!

I think if there is another bankruptcy..It will be the end of USAIRWAYS...
Just like Eastern Airlines....

Hey, there are alot of airlines out there....Customers will still have alot of choices.... The other airlines will pick up the slack and add service to compensate for the loss of USAIRWAYS...

In a year or two the memory of USAIRWAYS will be a distant memory, just like Eastern Airlines....

They will only have: United Airlines, Delta Airlines, American Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Jetblue Airline, America West Airline, Airtran Airlines, Frontier Airline, Alaska Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Independence Air, etc....