Rumours On A Reservation Center In Phillipines

youngblood said:
...noone mentions the money that may be saved if managerial positions were outsourced. I know it's somewhat of a stupid comparison because it will never happen.
Oh, but it will. Not at the top, for the reasons you mention. But otherwise, it absolutely will. We're just seeing the beginning, and you have to start somewhere. Not much point in starting with the midlevel managers; that'd be far more complicated than call centers. But once the current offshoring issues are finally resolved, guess who's next?

mweiss said:
Oh, but it will. Not at the top, for the reasons you mention. But otherwise, it absolutely will. We're just seeing the beginning, and you have to start somewhere. Not much point in starting with the midlevel managers; that'd be far more complicated than call centers. But once the current offshoring issues are finally resolved, guess who's next?
You know it's actually quite sad to think it will all come to that. For my children's sake I hope the mud slide stops soon; otherwise, they may be subject to a world of automation and voices a thousand leagues away. It is truly a scary thought that this country and its companies are outsourcing the livable positions that once made it so great.

It is sad in many ways. It should, however, be a good thing for the US in the long run. Unfortunately, as Keynes pointed out, in the long run we're all dead.

I have a very good friend who lives in Manilia. I have visited there many times. The govt sets the minimum pay rates there, which most companies follow...paying the minimum. It is apx 360 pesos per day or the equil of about $5.25 per DAY. They work a 6 day week with 2 week vacation per year. This is what is VERY appealing to the company when they think of off shore work. Its sad that the company we have devoted our lives to, would even consider throwing employees out the door, like trash. Just to save money. But this is the current leadership we have.

Latest posts