S80 withdrawn PDX effective 04/2015

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
One of the few reminding longer stage length S80 routes will be completely replaced with 738s in late March. PDX joins the list of S80 free stations in the system as the upto five daily S80 trips are replaced with 738s. DFW-EWR transitioned back in November so this will love DFW-ONT/SJC/SMF along with LAX-AUS/STL as the longest remaining S80 routes. Happy to see S80 flying continue to dwindle and as it stands they are largely flown on short insignificant mid continent flying from DFW. Also worth noting DFW-MEX is also now S80 free.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Who cares?

Apparently you do...you posted in the thread?  I've taken this route occasionally and am glad it won't be on the S80.  Probably the last of my even occasional routes that are served by the S80.

Josh

I guess you guys don't get on the 319 very often. I sometimes take an earlier trip to get on S80 just to stay away from the 319. Most uncomfortable cabin ever

trentrb211 said:
I guess you guys don't get on the 319 very often. I sometimes take an earlier trip to get on S80 just to stay away from the 319. Most uncomfortable cabin ever

The LAA A319 isn't too bad. I would have preferred 12F instead of 8F but there are decent Main Cabin Extra seats, large overhead bins and good AVOD seatback.  LUS A319s are another story however.  Just flew the 319 MIA-YUL in J and it was great.  

Josh

Well then beleive this.....the new 73's cabin is going to be same. I would still take an 80 over these new seats any day

Reactions: 2 people
trentrb211 said:
This is true, although there's no IFE, the Main Cabin experience on the S80 is far superior on longer flights, Josh.

Latest posts