SAAB New Colors

The Saab in new colors looks great, but it is embarassing having the only turboprops in new colors be your unowned affiliates.

Is the "no new paint for Piedmont Dash-8s" still in effect?

The Saab in new colors looks great, but it is embarassing having the only turboprops in new colors be your unowned affiliates.

Is the "no new paint for Piedmont Dash-8s" still in effect?

As far as we know. It's probably better that way. With the condition our fleet is in, removing paint may cause a loss of structural integrity.

It sucks seeing Air Wisky, Mesa, and Colgan flying the new colors along with the "Heritage" logo on their planes. Meanwhile, we are flying the most pathetic looking aircraft in the United States. If I remember right there is a Piedmont emblem on the "Heritage" logo, yet we do not even have that sticker on our airplanes. All America West and US Airways aircraft, new and old paint, have the "Heritage" logo on their sides. As do the contract carriers receiving the new paint.

Makes you feel kind of unwanted. Guess we're not part of the heritage of this airline.

The new livery makes even a Saab 340 look good. Which IS amazing.

Wow. That is the best Saab I think I have ever seen. The livery just looks "plane" good. Sorry...

Is there that much composite on the old DHc8 that they can't strip them and repaint??

Wow. That is the best Saab I think I have ever seen. The livery just looks "plane" good. Sorry...

Is there that much composite on the old DHc8 that they can't strip them and repaint??

The problem with the Dash 8s is that the paint, what's left of it, is holding all of the rivets and fasteners in place.

The Saab does look good. PDTs Dash 8s do look bad.

True, but do you know what is really embarassing? Having a plane fly around that is representing US, and having its logo backwards!

Look at it, it is sad!

But besides that, the livery looks great on this Saab.