First CRJ-900 in new colors

Believe you me, the customers stand squarely with employees on this matter.

I would much, much rather be seeing Embraer 190s flown by mainline employees. I don' know a single person who actually likes to fly on the Mesa sardine cans. The CRJ-900 SUCKS, full stop. :down:

Many of the Destinations of these CRAP900's use to be Mainline Cities, such as DFW,IAH,CHS,EWR and many many more. Just more Contracted out work.

DFW is still a mainline city, with 737's to PHL and CLT. The CR9's replaced two 737's on the CLT route.

I think you may have misunderstood my post. Slowly, the CRJ900's are starting to REPLACE Mainline Flights. I did not mean that they have replaced ALL YET nor will they, I Hope.

Great ! Close to 2000 of us former mainline pilots (many like me with 15 years of dedicated service to the company and now furloughed) get to watch as Mesa and other contract carriers fly with there stretched out RATJETS what we use to fly in DC-9's and 737's. YIPEEEE !!! :down:

:down: Regional Jet = Wage Buster :down: .
That's the only reason RJ's keep getting stretched out and are flying longer legs....like 2.5+ hrs!!
Rather than putting a 737 or 319 back on the route, they tell the MFG that they need larger RJ's. Because if they went with a regular aircraft on the route, the company would have to pay real wages to the crews.
Heaven forbid <_< .

I agree, these aircraft are nothing to get excited about. You can only view them as "Mainline Killers", as many more stations and decent jobs will vanish when they make the scene. :shock:

So where now are the aircraft that were in the C-Con if the 900's are filling that con Up?
Parked in the desert!!! While our good hard working mainline employees are parked on the unemployment line that TRAGIC MESS called Mesa is showing their delayed head all over the place!! Sorry you know I'm not bitter about much but I really do not think any of us will be happy until they are out of our hair for good!!!

A big reason why the US Airways name was kept. Thank God I don't have to hear my family call our airline American West anymore!

You'll just have to hear USAir being used almost 10 years after the changeover to US Airways. :lol:

Not to mention the people (journalists in newspapers, no less) who write USair, US Air, USairways, USAirways, and other variations which are not, never were, and never will be the airline's name. ;)

While it is absolutely true that the 50 seat RJ's are "Scope Busters" you have to ask ALPA why not have internal wage rates negotiated for smaller planes?

They have. In addition to the newly-negotiated rate for the EMB-190s, there always was a lower rate on the books from the F-28 days. They would have had no trouble updating that rate for the newer RJs, it's just that management didn't want mainline pilots flying the planes, lower rate or not.

that's just the way the picture is. go to airliners.net forums . someone posted a pic of it close up. it's painted in the lighter blue wit the stripes on the tail. the only question i have is, why is it that they did not put the flag logo on the winglets. none of the express a/c have them . not even air whiskey's.

Isn't those CRJ-900's being operated by the Orginal Freedom Air folks? If soooo, Lovely, just Lovely!!!
Must be them, check out the payrates on it!

Isn't those CRJ-900's being operated by the Orginal Freedom Air folks? If soooo, Lovely, just Lovely!!!

The Freedom debacle was solved in their last collective bargaining agreement. The captains are senior Mesa from PHX/IAH bases and F/O's are generally newer hires because of the E145/DHC8/1900 pilots being seat locked into their current aircraft. Freedom does have the Delta connection contract out of MCO, but Mesa/Freedom pilots are on a common list now.

The new crosshairs are pointed at GoJets (call sign,Gateway) which is a scopebuster airline by TransStates management.

Latest posts