Saudi king warns jihadists could attack US, Europe within months

signals said:
Fair enough, I'll give you that one. But the first thought of the Towers bombing was in retaliation with the Gulf War. Unfortunately the attack was executed by multinationals-just like 9/11. The bomb maker was caught in Pakistan. The others were immigrants that entered the country and decided to spread their hate agenda(Tree being a perfect example!).

My own opinion is that the real enemy is Saudi Arabia. Now we are going to use their help in the fight with ISIS. They are the ones that might be ISISs' sponsor.

Also don't forget that Clinton did bomb in Iraq when he thought there were factory fronts, such as baby food formula, where he believed they were making chemical weapons. With Bush the name became Weapons of Mass Destruction.
I disagree with Tree on well pretty much everything but that's over the top there

SparrowHawk said:
George W. Bush - I warned you not to leave Iraq!

Ron Paul - I warned you not to go in the first place

There you have it folks.
2003 invasion of iraq wasnt THE MISTAKE it was an escalation of the original 1991 Mistake

imagine a world where we didnt "liberate" Kuwait..  

A few royal prince's less... the people still living in squalor.

Al Qaeda grew out of outrage of US Troops being stationed in Medina and Mecca.  and other holy  areas of the Kingdom(saudi arabia) had we never built up the middle east and removed Saddam from Kuwait, we would have never stationed Troops there..  OBL would have probably never grew out of a local bit player.  

No Khobar Towers, No Embassy Bombings,  no USS Cole attack, . no 911...

Would he never had become a threat theres no way to tell, most likely he would have turned his attention towards Israel and died shortly after... 

George W Bush escalated the mistake of going into iraq but we would have never had a mistake to escalate had we never bothered to go in the first place..  Of course we would have heard rumblings of Munich but im tired of hearing that crap everytime we dont like someone invades someplace... its not always a Munich moment.  Kuwait wasnt an angel of a government and had pushed Iraq towards that invasion through high interest rates on the 65 billion dollar debt Iraq owed Kuwait following the Iran-Iraq War, that it supported. And also the oil that Iraq said that Kuwait was stealing using slant drilling.

All of which  escalated the conflict But at the end of the day  it was a regional conflict. and had Saddam moved his attention south into Saudi Arabia as was the "threat" that made us go to war in the first place, we could have easily have removed him from there too.  And there would have been a much larger coaltion..  Saving The holy sites instead of what the followers of OBL in Saudi Arabia  saw later as an invasion would have actually been better for us.  

yes i know that hindsight is 2020 its easy to give alternate answers to history, but we have OBL's words as to the reason why he declared war on the USA, and it wasnt our "freedom"  its not much of a stretch to say had we never put troops into Saudi Arabia to support our intervention in Iraq, we would not have angered a large number of Saudis about being there... 

signals said:
Except that 9/11 occurred. That was due to Clinton's inaction. It wasn't planned on the day Bush was elected president. During Clinton many hardcore terrorists were able to perfect the towers' first bombing that occurred under his watch.

If you know the history as portrayed in PBS's Frontline, the person who had actually warned about an attack in the US about to occur, was silenced by Freeh and Reno.
that was due to bush's actions had we never put troops in Saudi Arabia, there wouldnt be a bunch of pissed of Saudi's about Americans in Saudi arabia...

OBL declared war on america in 1996 3 years after the original WTC towers... how are they related again?  parroting the old lies dont make them truths he had nothing to do with the original 1993 WTC bombings...

PHXConx said:
that was due to bush's actions had we never put troops in Saudi Arabia, there wouldnt be a bunch of pissed of Saudi's about Americans in Saudi arabia...

OBL declared war on america in 1996 3 years after the original WTC towers... how are they related again?  parroting the old lies dont make them truths he had nothing to do with the original 1993 WTC bombings...
that's a hellava lot of speculation there

10345558_939477982735807_7875724980697508368_n.jpg

PHXConx said:
2003 invasion of iraq wasnt THE MISTAKE it was an escalation of the original 1991 Mistake

imagine a world where we didnt "liberate" Kuwait..  

A few royal prince's less... the people still living in squalor.

Al Qaeda grew out of outrage of US Troops being stationed in Medina and Mecca.  and other holy  areas of the Kingdom(saudi arabia) had we never built up the middle east and removed Saddam from Kuwait, we would have never stationed Troops there..  OBL would have probably never grew out of a local bit player.  

No Khobar Towers, No Embassy Bombings,  no USS Cole attack, . no 911...

Would he never had become a threat theres no way to tell, most likely he would have turned his attention towards Israel and died shortly after... 

George W Bush escalated the mistake of going into iraq but we would have never had a mistake to escalate had we never bothered to go in the first place..  Of course we would have heard rumblings of Munich but im tired of hearing that crap everytime we dont like someone invades someplace... its not always a Munich moment.  Kuwait wasnt an angel of a government and had pushed Iraq towards that invasion through high interest rates on the 65 billion dollar debt Iraq owed Kuwait following the Iran-Iraq War, that it supported. And also the oil that Iraq said that Kuwait was stealing using slant drilling.

All of which  escalated the conflict But at the end of the day  it was a regional conflict. and had Saddam moved his attention south into Saudi Arabia as was the "threat" that made us go to war in the first place, we could have easily have removed him from there too.  And there would have been a much larger coaltion..  Saving The holy sites instead of what the followers of OBL in Saudi Arabia  saw later as an invasion would have actually been better for us.  

yes i know that hindsight is 2020 its easy to give alternate answers to history, but we have OBL's words as to the reason why he declared war on the USA, and it wasnt our "freedom"  its not much of a stretch to say had we never put troops into Saudi Arabia to support our intervention in Iraq, we would not have angered a large number of Saudis about being there... 

We never had troops in Mecca or Medina.  Not that it really matters I guess.  

If you want go down the road of cause and affect I could point out that the reason 9-11 happened is that the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan.  Had that not happened guys like Osama would not have learned his trade of jihad.  He would have stayed home worked at the family business.  

cltrat said:
I disagree with Tree on well pretty much everything but that's over the top there

Most of us here at have disagreed on numerous occasions.  But like you said a line was crossed.  

But when compared to previous presidents he has taken less time off by a significant amount. Too bad you do not hold them all to the same standard.

Reactions: 1 person
Ms Tree said:
But when compared to previous presidents he has taken less time off by a significant amount. Too bad you do not hold them all to the same standard.

Personally, I don't care who as POTUS took whatever vacation they felt they needed. With the Liar in Chief I think that given the performance of his administration one could make the case he should take MORE vacation.

Latest posts