Scab's Caught Drinking

PlayTheOdds said:
I wrote that in context of company time. Very seldom does any two or three people have the same exact skills but in the event that that does happen I would think the company would go with seniority. I'm sure some favoritism would also play a roll also. Once again it is not 100% but it is better than the union alternative.
[post="299010"][/post]​
That's your opinion. However, I disagree that people very seldomly have the same skills, especially when you have hundreds of people performing the same jobs everyday year after year.

Once again I have to disagree with you RTB. If that were the case how does one progress through the ranks in the military when they go through the same training and exercises day in and day out?

PlayTheOdds said:
Unions of today exist so the uneducated and not so smart person could get ahead of an educated smart person.

You, my friend are a piece of work!!!

What are these promotions are you talking about? I have never been in a union that represented anyone higher than a lead. Can you show me some? Managment has always decided who manages, however they please.

Red Tail Bear said:
But what if your skills are the same as three other guys and the most junior guy gets the promotion over you. How do you feel about that?
[post="298961"][/post]​

It's has happened, hell, I got beat out by someone junior and less competent. I don't like it but I moved on. I still say it is better than the alternative. Seniority alone is not the way to base decisions. At least in my situation, there is a chance of it working correctly.

sentrido said:
What are these promotions are you talking about? I have never been in a union that represented anyone higher than a lead. Can you show me some? Managment has always decided who manages, however they please.
[post="299117"][/post]​

I guess it just happens in the nonunion sector then. Maybe mangement at union companies doesn't want a union scruf calling the shots.

Garfield1966 said:
I got beat out by someone junior and less competent. 
[post="299246"][/post]​

Thats obviously a view not shared by your superiors.

At least in my situation, there is a chance of it working correctly.

Apparently it did.

Back