Scheduling and the FAA

First of all use the Union web-site to slander people oh that keeping it on the same playing field. Listen Laura you could not help yourself and I could not standmyself under your tree. So listen Laura lakie I had everything to lose and maybe still will but at least I am not in the Underbrush like you. Where in the malathion ????

Go on the FAA's website and you will see the letter that was written in regards to Reserve's being on call and that being considered on duty by the FAA. If AA is not adhearing to the guidelines in the letter then they are also in violation of the FAR 121.467. No airline gets an exemption from this FAR. An FAR is an FAR and now that we are certified we also can be fined. The letter clearly states that a reserve by day 7 needs to have had a rest free of all contact from the company. Being on call sometimes from one month to the next for 15 days sucks and now that will finally not be acceptable any more. Our union has not protecting the reserves from the company violating this FAR. Instead they are grieving the fact that they do not get space positive for travel. Shame on them. And B.Babe you have known about this all along so you are up there with them. And as for Pitbull she is not here anymore so do not put her in the mix. She fought for reserves and blockholders in many ways and we thank her for it. M.F. and C.A. have been allowing the company to get away with this and that shows alot. The scary part is they are also the ones negotating our contract. HELP!
Lovey,

You say that letter "clearly states that a reserve by day 7 needs to have a rest free of all contact...". This is great news! 'Bout time!!! Just cannot figure out why it took so long to get this thing straight...

Now if you could CLEARLY STATE a few points for me, since you did not go into detail:

* How do you know Baja Babe knew about this? (You do not, you are speculating.) State just the facts, please.

*Why is Pitbull exempt from your rant? Because she is not "here" anymore? Neither is Baja Babe! Maybe a more appropriate statement would be did LA know about it?

Is there anyone who is not out to "get us?" The union? The company?

Another rant from someone who professes to know all... :lol: :rolleyes:

Thank you!

hp,

How can it be that the company is hiring off the street for PHX?

The MECs have agreed and the company is to comply that the "recall" list is first.

I would expect the answer is that they have offered positions to everyone at West and are now free to hire from the street. I could be wrong, but that is what I think has/is happening.

Oh hoochey

Sorry to inform y'all, but you are way off the mark here.
I am not, nor could I ever be "Laura", "LA", the "LECP", or any of the other names that you use to describe that person.

If I was, you'd be the first to know, and not on this board, believe me. Truth be told, I've never met her.

But continue with your rants and raves and try to justify them with a lack of spell check Hoochey. I personally believe that it is more likely the effects of Hooch, than lack of spell check, but hey, just my opinion.

Does anyone know if they (AFA and MGMT) are working on some sort of solution with regards to the ETB, or is it just going to be basically unavailable to reserves?

Look at 24 Consecutive Hours During Any Seven Consecutive Calendar Days

http://www.faa.gov/safety/programs_initiat...ety/regs/legal/

The reason that TG knew about this is this simple fact. She has been in office and was in office when this letter came out. If she says that she did not know then she is a liar! So I challenge her to say on this forum that she did not know about this letter! So stay on the issue at hand. The union has know about this FAR violation and has not protected us.

Just got a CATS Mail about this...Co and AFA are working on it...you can be sure the AFA will be all over this...as it will effect the BHer's ability to drop trips they really don't wanna fly! Ohh yeah and because it will cause some hardships for the RSV's.

We have to remember that this was not just Usairways. There were a few violating this. Even if the union did know what did the company care? As for the FAA FINALLY ruling on this...does the government EVER move quickly? I'm just glad it's being taken care of. What was T.G. or L.A. for that matter to do? If anyone didn't see the letter it was probably L.A. since she was hardly in the office. LOL :lol: I can't WAIT to see what they come up with now. :rolleyes:

Look at 24 Consecutive Hours During Any Seven Consecutive Calendar Days

http://www.faa.gov/safety/programs_initiat...ety/regs/legal/

The reason that TG knew about this is this simple fact. She has been in office and was in office when this letter came out. If she says that she did not know then she is a liar! So I challenge her to say on this forum that she did not know about this letter! So stay on the issue at hand. The union has know about this FAR violation and has not protected us.
She already said she did not know about it. Read post #72. I am sure there are a lot of things that TG did not know about, with LA at the helm. Another inaccuracy, Lovey, but who is counting? :rolleyes:

The Union should have let us know about this WAAAAAAAAAAAY before it was implemented. They should have at least told us it was a possibility. I am surprised we never heard anything from the MEC about this until it happened.... :shock:

We have to remember that this was not just Usairways. There were a few violating this. Even if the union did know what did the company care? As for the FAA FINALLY ruling on this...does the government EVER move quickly? I'm just glad it's being taken care of. What was T.G. or L.A. for that matter to do? If anyone didn't see the letter it was probably L.A. since she was hardly in the office. LOL :lol: I can't WAIT to see what they come up with now. :rolleyes:

The FAA did not just rule on this read the letter they defined it VERY CLEARLY APRIL 29, 2005!!!!!

Thanks for the link. I'm sure that this is not the way that AA is operating. As I said before, if I sit reserve 5 days in a row, and get assigned a trip on the 6th day, they consider that 6th day to be the first day "on duty."

Then you need to notify the FAA of this violation just like flight attendants at USAirways has obviously done!

She already said she did not know about it. Read post #72. I am sure there are a lot of things that TG did not know about, with LA at the helm. Another inaccuracy, Lovey, but who is counting? :rolleyes:

The Union should have let us know about this WAAAAAAAAAAAY before it was implemented. They should have at least told us it was a possibility. I am surprised we never heard anything from the MEC about this until it happened.... :shock:

AS I SAID.....I WANT TO SEE T.G. DENY THAT SHE NEVER KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LETTER.

:shock: I was always under the impression that the union was here to protect us. I am disturbed and confused that the people with whom we have elected to represent and protect us seem to have actually been misleading, misguiding and misinforming us all along. I am sure my dues have been well spent on something, but it obviously has not been used for my legal rest.

Back