WHAT HAS OUR MEC PRESIDENT DONE TO US NOW

Lovethesun

Advanced
Jul 12, 2006
The Union's eline states that the "overall position that the current Reserve Section is no longer viable in light of the new requirements?" What is this? I thought the FAA had done nothing but advise the company that they were in violation of FAR 121.467. This is the FAR that requires a 24 hour break within a 7 day period for Flight Attendants. If I am reading correctly, this means that MF just wiped out the entire section 11 which pertains to the reserves. How did a simple FAR go from requiring a 24 & 7 rest requirement to single-handedly rewriting the contract.

The Union's eline states that the "overall position that the current Reserve Section is no longer viable in light of the new requirements?" What is this? I thought the FAA had done nothing but advise the company that they were in violation of FAR 121.467. This is the FAR that requires a 24 hour break within a 7 day period for Flight Attendants. If I am reading correctly, this means that MF just wiped out the entire section 11 which pertains to the reserves. How did a simple FAR go from requiring a 24 & 7 rest requirement to single-handedly rewriting the contract.

Can anyone confirm that this issue with the FAA is resulting from a letter that one of our Pilots wrote, whose wife is a CLT F /A that was complaining about the reserves and their use of the ETB?

Does anyone have a copy of the letter?

I know there is one floating around, have heard about it, and am waiting for a copy from another f/a once he gets back from trip

Can anyone confirm that this issue with the FAA is resulting from a letter that one of our Pilots wrote, whose wife is a CLT F /A that was complaining about the reserves and their use of the ETB?

I know there is one floating around, have heard about it, and am waiting for a copy from another f/a once he gets back from trip

Not aware of anyone else's situation just my own. Hated being on call for 13 to 14 days at a time. That has really sucked. And besides since when has a pilot ever cared about what the flight attendants are doing.

You are reading it incorrectly. He was probably referring to the section regarding etb time, etc? He didnt "wipe out" anything, he is saying that things have changed because of this new requirement (NFL day, etc....)
Why don't you email him and ask him, instead of panicking and assuming the worst? :rolleyes:

Well if that is so then I say hang her!!!!! What in holy hell? I certainly hope you are not serious that some old ##### ####### goat in her ###### #### (Wait that wasn't very PC, sorry) dress and big blue bow actually went that far. It's time for some of these people to retire I mean way past the time.

Do you really think that the FAA would waste their time on someone complaining about the ETB? Get real!! However this got to the FAA or whoever got to the FAA had a lot more information to investigate than the RSV's use of the ETB. I would have to believe that the Co. and the Un. were VIOLATING A SAFTEY F.A.R to save money and possibly protect the ETB as we know it now. So I praise the person or person's that had the courage to take some sort of action against a Company that continues to take advantage of all employees at every given opportunity and a Union that chose to look the other way.

I am sure there will be a more restricted use of the ETB. RSV's are survivors. We always figure a way to work and live with the worst of systems. I am tired of being a prisoner of CATCREW for 14 days in a row. At least now I will have that much needed and REQUIRED day of REST in between!!

So if it was a CLT F/A and Pilot - Thanks, from me to you! :up:

Do you really think that the FAA would waste their time on someone complaining about the ETB? Get real!! However this got to the FAA or whoever got to the FAA had a lot more information to investigate than the RSV's use of the ETB. I would have to believe that the Co. and the Un. were VIOLATING A SAFTEY F.A.R to save money and possibly protect the ETB as we know it now. So I praise the person or person's that had the courage to take some sort of action against a Company that continues to take advantage of all employees at every given opportunity and a Union that chose to look the other way.

I am sure there will be a more restricted use of the ETB. RSV's are survivors. We always figure a way to work and live with the worst of systems. I am tired of being a prisoner of CATCREW for 14 days in a row. At least now I will have that much needed and REQUIRED day of REST in between!!

So if it was a CLT F/A and Pilot - Thanks, from me to you! :up:
Exactly! I think people have become comfortable with the fact that we (RSV's) are surviving by working our days OFF! That is ridiculous! We should have the opportunity to make at least a "liveable" wage during the 20 days a month we are available to the company. As usual, we will survive, but let's make sure we are ready to fight to make significant inprovements in the contract, improvements that are long overdue.

It wasn't just Usairways that was ignoring the FAR. ETB had NOTHING to do with it. Let's not turn this into a 18 page "mini-drama" thread. I just want it implemented NOW and get it over with.

Well if that is so then I say hang her!!!!! What in holy hell? I certainly hope you are not serious that some old ##### ####### goat in her ###### #### (Wait that wasn't very PC, sorry) dress and big blue bow actually went that far. It's time for some of these people to retire I mean way past the time.

Retire ???

They ought to make her a V.P. and give her a GOLD BOW I think you have it all wrong. Seems to me, someone wasn't minding the store (like they should) because they were too busy raiding the cookie jar!

It wasn't just Usairways that was ignoring the FAR. ETB had NOTHING to do with it. Let's not turn this into a 18 page "mini-drama" thread. I just want it implemented NOW and get it over with.
So you do not think it's "dramatic" that RSV's are paying their bills by working their days off? Sounds worthy of a thread or two to me, and sounds like it needs to be repeated....

This FAR relates to the ETB in that the ETB is now restricted (or so they say, we shall see....) Could not care less what other airlines are ignoring or not ignoring. So, I agree, let's cut the drama, and figure out a way that we will be able to survive without working our days off. The implementation of this FAR is just a blessing in disguise....

So you do not think it's "dramatic" that RSV's are paying their bills by working their days off? Sounds worthy of a thread or two to me, and sounds like it needs to be repeated....

This FAR relates to the ETB in that the ETB is now restricted (or so they say, we shall see....) Could not care less what other airlines are ignoring or not ignoring. So, I agree, let's cut the drama, and figure out a way that we will be able to survive without working our days off. The implementation of this FAR is just a blessing in disguise....
What I meant smarty pants is that people will speculate as to WHY all of the sudden this is brought up. IT was brought up because the company was not doing what it was supposed to. Nothing more and nothing less. I am on reserve sweety and don't need to be reminded of how it sucks to pay your bills on minimum guarantee...K? Many things need to be changed and I'm sure they will be changed and the reserves will suffer again.

Hey, I was a reserve for years and years. Time to get some junior people in the Union and fight for us! How the heck old is CA anyway (sched committee), 90 by now I'm sure! Why isn't someone saying anything about being on call 24 hours a day???? Isn't this duty time?!?!?! It sure as heck is! Like the Pilot's, they are on call for only 14 hours, regardless of if they fly. This way reserves would be on call 14 hours daily, then have a duty break. How can the FAA overlook this? And as far as the oldies waiting to retire, how can they when the company cut the retirement so much? I don't blame anyone with 30+ years for working with the cuts.

What I meant smarty pants is that people will speculate as to WHY all of the sudden this is brought up. IT was brought up because the company was not doing what it was supposed to. Nothing more and nothing less. I am on reserve sweety and don't need to be reminded of how it sucks to pay your bills on minimum guarantee...K? Many things need to be changed and I'm sure they will be changed and the reserves will suffer again.
Ok, Sweety :(

On reserve as well, and not going to nit- pick.... Frankly, who really cares WHY this FAR was suddenly enforced, let's just be happy that it was.

"Reserves will suffer again?" Precisely the attitude that led ~250 out of 2000 PHL FA's to vote on the last give back contract. Time to get motivated, sweety, instead of feeling sorry for yourself... "K???" :blink:

Ok, Sweety :(

On reserve as well, and not going to nit- pick.... Frankly, who really cares WHY this FAR was suddenly enforced, let's just be happy that it was.

"Reserves will suffer again?" Precisely the attitude that led ~250 out of 2000 PHL FA's to vote on the last give back contract. Time to get motivated, sweety, instead of feeling sorry for yourself... "K???" :blink:
I know enough "SWEETY" to know that the FAR was bring broken by others besides US. I don't feel sorry for myself for I choose to be here and the last VFLR was undersubscribed. DO YOU? I manage to do juuuuust fine. I voted and will vote again. It's just about all you CAN do. I will be curious to see the comming "CHANGES" that we reserves are in store for. I'm sure they will be just wonderful. :up: :rolleyes: