WHAT HAS OUR MEC PRESIDENT DONE TO US NOW

You are exactly right!! The Union seems to turn a deaf ear when it comes to RSV's issues, at least in my base where the rep's are senior B/H's. This is an issue known as FAR 121.471, or a 8 hours rest period within a 24 hour day on duty. I DOUBT the Union will assist us on this one if they knowingly allowed us to violate F.A.R 121.467 for several years. I guess someone will have to contact the FAA Legal Department again and find out what our rights and legalities truly are. (If I am not mistaken I thought that was what we pay our Union dues for?) It does seem pitiful that the Union is not our ally in this fight for protection, rest and quality of life. Instead they have turned this issue into an ETB nightmare for everyone.
Have RSV's been denied for most trips this month? I don't pick up on the ETB, but it seems that most of the good trips I saw were picked up. Is it all BH's picking up?

Cannot wait to see what happens with the questions regarding FAR 121.471; I have phoned the union asking the same question after reading this thread last night, and no response as of yet! They must be dilligently working on the problem....

Have RSV's been denied for most trips this month? I don't pick up on the ETB, but it seems that most of the good trips I saw were picked up. Is it all BH's picking up?

Cannot wait to see what happens with the questions regarding FAR 121.471; I have phoned the union asking the same question after reading this thread last night, and no response as of yet! They must be dilligently working on the problem....

I am not sure how difficult it has been. I have heard of some complaints. Those mainly from the RSV's that fly ETB that pays well over 100 hours flight pay. Those that pick up 15-20 hours extra a month should be able to do it without to much of a legality issue. Providing the trip exists. RSV's will always figure out a way to survive any system that is implemented to us or should I say negotiated away for us!

RE: F.A.R 121.471, They are either working on it or trying to skirt the issue!! My guess....... :ph34r:

First all I would like to say that I am so excited that I have gone from being a newbie to being a member. This board is really fun.
Second, I agree that people do not understand the full issue at hand that is why everyone who is knowledgeable concerning this FAR needs to help educate those who are not as knowledgeable. That way others will be more informed that this is not an ETB issue this is a safety issue and should have been implemented long before ETB was ever put into place. In fact the Implementation of the Reserve Time Balancing System was rushed to be put into place and now it is clearer as to why. The company forced the implementation of this system to go into effect Nov. 2003. The company and AFA's negotating team met for a period of 8 days and during that time they were not able to meet an agreement. So the company felt that by delaying the implemention of this system would make it where they would have been unable to meet the projected savings requirement associated with the January agreeement. The union and the company did not reach a mutual agreement. The union allowed the company to implement this and never filed a grievance against the system. This is not what the reserves voted to be put into place. Go back and look at at special interest new item dated jul 21 2003. It was written by S. Groff. So for the union and MF and CA to keep telling us that we voted for this reserve system is not true!! In fact it is BS. So MF you need to do more research on your own and stop believing what CA tells you.

Pitbull tell you what. Will give you the number for you to call and ask the FAA yourself who knew that this was suppose to have been enforced 3 years ago. Cheez can not believe you with the way you look at things legally would not have realized that this was not an opinion that this was a ruling by the FAA. This number will be for anyone to call and ask for yourselves about this situation. Our former MEC Safety Chair new of this and I know of others. Would you like the number to call? Be glad to supply it. Got it off of the FAA website.

The former MEC Safety Chair knew of this???? And what, pray tell, did she do about it? Did she ask to file a grivance? Who did she share this information with? Who did she discuss it with? The former Chair was safety chair for 15 years...I never had a discussion with her on this subject...EVER. Did she write a letter? Where is it? What's the date? Who is it addressed to?

The members of the MEC I spoke with stated that the FAA was aware of the complaints for at least a few years, and didn't move on the issue seriously. Only recently have they done so. If they ruled on it 3 years ago, WHY WASN'T THE AIRLINES CITED BY THE FAA FOR VIOLATING THE REGULATION????????????????

Please take the liberty to redial the FAA rep you alleged to have spoken with and ask WHY they have not/ or did not cite the companies for violating the regulation in light of ALL the complaints. Certainly, they would have been compelled to do an investigation...and that would have lead to citations, RIGHT????

I already know the answer, so I don't have a need to call. But obviously, from your misguided post and those folks who are "in the know" who have given you your facts, you should be able to answer all these simple questions, and tell this board who violated, and what did the FAA do about it since IT IS A FEDERAL REGUALTION!

The former MEC Safety Chair knew of this???? And what, pray tell, did she do about it? Did she ask to file a grivance? Who did she share this information with? Who did she discuss it with? The former Chair was safety chair for 15 years...I never had a discussion with her on this subject...EVER. Did she write a letter? Where is it? What's the date? Who is it addressed to?

The members of the MEC I spoke with stated that the FAA was aware of the complaints for at least a few years, and didn't move on the issue seriously. Only recently have they done so. If they ruled on it 3 years ago, WHY WASN'T THE AIRLINES CITED BY THE FAA FOR VIOLATING THE REGULATION????????????????

Please take the liberty to redial the FAA rep you alleged to have spoken with and ask WHY they have not/ or did not cite the companies for violating the regulation in light of ALL the complaints. Certainly, they would have been compelled to do an investigation...and that would have lead to citations, RIGHT????

I already know the answer, so I don't have a need to call. But obviously, from your misguided post and those folks who are "in the know" who have given you your facts, you should be able to answer all these simple queStions, and tell this board who violated, and what did the FAA do about it since IT IS A FEDERAL REGUALTION!

Pitbull....the truth is that you have just been caught in your own web. You seem to love to weave one for others to be caught in now you are the fly in this situation. I have not put on a misguided post and we do know the real truth to this. Why our former safety chair did nothing not sure since she was working under you. You were the MEC president at the time. So back off and know that you can deny all you want, but God, us and you know the truth on this one. I will not fight you on this one, because we do know the truth!! Can not speak for why the safety chair did not do anything about this, I guess it was for the same reason that the union did not do anything about it.+

Pitbull....the truth is that you have just been caught in your own web. You seem to love to weave one for others to be caught in now you are the fly in this situation. I have not put on a misguided post and we do know the real truth to this. Why our former safety chair did nothing not sure since she was working under you. You were the MEC president at the time. So back off and know that you can deny all you want, but God, us and you know the truth on this one. I will not fight you on this one, because we do know the truth!! Can not speak for why the safety chair did not do anything about this, I guess it was for the same reason that the union did not do anything about it.+

Love,

Caught in a web??? How so?

I state that I DID know that the 24/7 INTERPRETATION was being actively pursued by MANY f/as with letters to the International and to FAA citing examples...not just USAirways, but many airline crews. I DID NOT know for certain that the Company's interpretation of the 24/7 was wrong. I state that I did not know, or have an inclination that they actually made an interpretation clarification in April 2005. I can also state that no member of the MEC at that time knew either!

My reputation speaks for itself. I defend my stance because its quite insulting to have any f/a at USAirways imply or state that I'm a liar, when I repeatedly state I did not know of the letter back in April 2005.

The MEC Safety Chair worked under 6 Presidents. 24/7 has been a regulation for eons. The real issue is ITS INTERPRETATION. The REAL TRUTH is the FACT that the FAA sat on:
a) ruling on that interpretation
b)enforcing it
c) fining those airlines who violated the reg.

Obviously, the real issue is that YOU haven't given ONE answer as to why the FAA, who you claim you called and told you that ruling on the interpretation was 3 years ago, didn't enforce or fine ANY airline.

The only thing you want to do is point the finger and again profess to know WHO knew WHAT, WHEN!

Don't you find it even odd that this FAA rep who you spoke with didn't give any answers as to WHY no investigation, enforcment or fines were levied? Did you even pose the question?

This is really silly. No wonder the union movement is in such deep doo-doo. Who would want to lead some of the people on this thread?

Here you have one of the best union leaders in recent memory, Teddy Xidas, who tirelessly fought for her members, 24/7/365, now being accused of something so ridiculous as knowingly working with management to violate FARs to the detriment of U F/As and to "force" them to "violate federal regulations."

I don't think I have ever heard anything so ridiculous.

Lovethesun, just what would Teddy's motivation have been for doing such a thing? Does that really sound like her modus operandi over the years? If Teddy, of all people, is not immune to accusations of union corruption or incompetence, there really is no hope for the union movement -- because union members are totally beyond help. If USAirways F/As can't look back over the years and see the good Teddy did under the most difficult circumstances imagineable, but instead try to throw dirt like this nonsense at her, that is really sad.

What a bunch of ungrateful ignorant $^%&*&*)(@!s. I'm disgusted and embarassed to have been an AFA member.

This is really silly. No wonder the union movement is in such deep doo-doo. Who would want to lead some of the people on this thread?

Here you have one of the best union leaders in recent memory, Teddy Xidas, who tirelessly fought for her members, 24/7/365, now being accused of something so ridiculous as knowingly working with management to violate FARs to the detriment of U F/As and to "force" them to "violate federal regulations."

I don't think I have ever heard anything so ridiculous.

Lovethesun, just what would Teddy's motivation have been for doing such a thing? Does that really sound like her modus operandi over the years? If Teddy, of all people, is not immune to accusations of union corruption or incompetence, there really is no hope for the union movement -- because union members are totally beyond help. If USAirways F/As can't look back over the years and see the good Teddy did under the most difficult circumstances imagineable, but instead try to throw dirt like this nonsense at her, that is really sad.

What a bunch of ungrateful ignorant $^%&*&*)(@!s. I'm disgusted and embarassed to have been an AFA member.

Ok. I have had my differences with Lovey on these boards, but this is just the best. :lol:

Lovey,

You hate TG (out to get us)
You hate LA (DEFINITELY out to get us!)
You now, after post after post of agreeing with her, hate Pitbull. (Who knew SHE was out to get us!?!?!?!?!?!)
Should we expect you to be on the LECP ballot next election, Lovey?
You are a renegade. And you make me laugh! :lol: Thank you! I needed that, as I am just back from an exhausting 3 day trip I was assigned on......yup....RESERVE...

Pitbull, thanks for all of the work you did for us. TG, thanks for the uphill battle you are fighting right now.

I'm going to sleep now..... ;)

Love,

Caught in a web??? How so?

I state that I DID know that the 24/7 INTERPRETATION was being actively pursued by MANY f/as with letters to the International and to FAA citing examples...not just USAirways, but many airline crews. I DID NOT know for certain that the Company's interpretation of the 24/7 was wrong. I state that I did not know, or have an inclination that they actually made an interpretation clarification in April 2005. I can also state that no member of the MEC at that time knew either!

My reputation speaks for itself. I defend my stance because its quite insulting to have any f/a at USAirways imply or state that I'm a liar, when I repeatedly state I did not know of the letter back in April 2005.
The MEC Safety Chair worked under 6 Presidents. 24/7 has been a regulation for eons. The real issue is ITS INTERPRETATION. The REAL TRUTH is the FACT that the FAA sat on:
a) ruling on that interpretation
b)enforcing it
c) fining those airlines who violated the reg.

Obviously, the real issue is that YOU haven't given ONE answer as to why the FAA, who you claim you called and told you that ruling on the interpretation was 3 years ago, didn't enforce or fine ANY airline.

The only thing you want to do is point the finger and again profess to know WHO knew WHAT, WHEN!

Don't you find it even odd that this FAA rep who you spoke with didn't give any answers as to WHY no investigation, enforcment or fines were levied? Did you even pose the question?