WHAT HAS OUR MEC PRESIDENT DONE TO US NOW

Do you know what you are talking about?

I will call your "Joan" below tomorrow morning to get the "facts" as you say.
THE ENTIRE AFA UNION BESIDES ALL OTHER UNIONS DID NOT KNOW IF THE THEIR COMPANY WAS INTERPRETING THE REGULATION INCORRECTLY. The Company interpretation of "on call" meant "no trip" and that was the 24 hour break. Once the language was put to the challenge, the unions waited for the FAA to act and make a RULING ON THE INTERPRETATION.

DO YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO COMPREHEND???? As I've posted on this thread, you could explain 5,000 times to certain mentally challenged f/as, and they still will not have the capacity to understand the issue let alone the explanation.
I will not dialogue with you on this subject again as I don't think you really believe what you are posting regarding the 24/7 issue.

As far as the MEC President of 2005, I could personally care less what you think, what you believe, or who you support!

Yes, I do have the ability to comprehend. And yes need to get the issue at hand and let the past be the past. Know that I do appreciate that you did fight for us with past negoations. Note this is not an apology but a truce.

I know of a person who brought this to the attention of the Union long ago and was told that she was wrong about the company violating this FAR! And this is first had information!
Would you care to tell us what position this person held in the union? How long ago was this first hand information given to the Union?

Ok. I have had my differences with Lovey on these boards, but this is just the best. :lol:

Lovey,

You hate TG (out to get us)
You hate LA (DEFINITELY out to get us!)
You now, after post after post of agreeing with her, hate Pitbull. (Who knew SHE was out to get us!?!?!?!?!?!)
Should we expect you to be on the LECP ballot next election, Lovey?
You are a renegade. And you make me laugh! :lol: Thank you! I needed that, as I am just back from an exhausting 3 day trip I was assigned on......yup....RESERVE...

Pitbull, thanks for all of the work you did for us. TG, thanks for the uphill battle you are fighting right now.

I'm going to sleep now..... ;)

Aredeeyou22, I do not hate TG, nor LA, nor Teddy, nor anyone else. There is a diference in not feeling that the onces that you have voted in to represent you and to have faith in them that they will always have your best interests in mind have let you down. I believe that you understand that statement. I do not understand why our union did not do anything about this situation and instead it took some flight attendants banding together to get this addressed and followed. It did not even take two weeks for that to be accomplished. That is what the union should have done for us that is what they are suppose to be doing. Joseph Conte asked that very question "what is your union doing about this". He was shocked when I said nothing. Joan did stand up for us and made the company comply. I did have her number posted and then deleted it because it was not right for me have her mandated with 50 million questions. But if you do not get your legal rest then call her immediately and she will get it addressed. Everyone needs to stop being afraid to stand up and fight for FAR's to be followed. They are in place for safety reasons. But I do hope that you and Pitbull will call her. Why it was not enforced before I do not have that answer. Why our former MEC Safety Chair did not fight for us and get an FAR enforced by our company I do not know. But I do know that it is time for me and others to stop pointing fingers and to stop rehashing this and to start banding together and not allow the reserves to be sacrificed anymore. From the eline that we received from MF it looks like that is going to happen if we do not start getting our voices heard. So as far as me rehashing this topic concerning why and who did what and etc. I am done. Would rather be using my energy to not let the reserves take the fall for .....well I am sure you get my point. So if I have offened anyone I do apologize. So time to get back to the original point of this thread and that is to discuss what MF is doing to the reserves now.

Love,

I have to interject here. You say the union didn't do anything about this. the UNIONS (Plural) had challenged it, and so did many f/as. Not with their respective company, but with the FAA. USAirways was aware of the challenge, but they didn't care because they thought for sure their interpretation was correct. They built their entire scheduling on their premise. Keep in mind that the challenge was the interpretation of "on call" and "on duty"...are they the same (as the company bet), or is there a difference?

The FAA does not respond or act quickly. They are slower than the courts. I don't know who Joan is, but the history of this complaint goes back a few years...and probably many more years before that.

As I have stated upteen times and still can't convince the "limited thinkers" that this challenge was already at the FAA, neither the union or an arbitrator would make a ruling as this was not contractual interpretation but Federal regulation that effected all airlines. This issue could not go to arbitration.

So, the unions had to wait, and wait, and wait until the FAA got around to acting on the complaints by many examples that were sent by many employees from different ALL different airlines, not just USAirways.

Aredeeyou22, I do not hate TG, nor LA, nor Teddy, nor anyone else. There is a diference in not feeling that the onces that you have voted in to represent you and to have faith in them that they will always have your best interests in mind have let you down. I believe that you understand that statement. I do not understand why our union did not do anything about this situation and instead it took some flight attendants banding together to get this addressed and followed. It did not even take two weeks for that to be accomplished. That is what the union should have done for us that is what they are suppose to be doing. Joseph Conte asked that very question "what is your union doing about this". He was shocked when I said nothing. Joan did stand up for us and made the company comply. I did have her number posted and then deleted it because it was not right for me have her mandated with 50 million questions. But if you do not get your legal rest then call her immediately and she will get it addressed. Everyone needs to stop being afraid to stand up and fight for FAR's to be followed. They are in place for safety reasons. But I do hope that you and Pitbull will call her. Why it was not enforced before I do not have that answer. Why our former MEC Safety Chair did not fight for us and get an FAR enforced by our company I do not know. But I do know that it is time for me and others to stop pointing fingers and to stop rehashing this and to start banding together and not allow the reserves to be sacrificed anymore. From the eline that we received from MF it looks like that is going to happen if we do not start getting our voices heard. So as far as me rehashing this topic concerning why and who did what and etc. I am done. Would rather be using my energy to not let the reserves take the fall for .....well I am sure you get my point. So if I have offened anyone I do apologize. So time to get back to the original point of this thread and that is to discuss what MF is doing to the reserves now.
Lovey,

Glad to hear you have relaxed a little bit. :) Alot of your posts were off the cuff, pointing fingers, and essentially trashing everyone in our Union. Never thought that would exted to your beloved Pitbull, but it did! :blink:
Anyway, I think we have to stay focused on the recall, stay focused on the implementation of 24/7, and seriously stay focused on this merged, "cost neutral" contract.

Incidentally, I believe informational picketing is planned in the crew bases for the end of OCT, so stay tuned! Visibility and solidarity is key, so pass da word! :up: