Security Standards For Mexico City Airport

M

Matt

Hi,

It's possible that I will be taking my first trip to Mexico (Mexico City) for business. I travel extensively throughout the US and am very comfortable with flying at home, but have a good deal of anxiety about flying to and from Mexico City.

I'm curious as what to expect at the airport as well as the standards for security. I admit that my perceptions of Mexico and Mexico City are probably too well formed by the Media and Hollywood and would like an "experts" perspective.

I'll most likely be flying Continental or Northwest down and back. In my mind I'm picturing these abysmal security standards/conditions (like something you'd see spoofed in a movie), but that's just my own ignorant perspective. I'd like to know the real deal from those who frequent this route.

I'm hoping these fears are overrated and appreciate any level headed perspective from those who have experience with international travel.

Thanks!

Matt

Flying in and out of Mexico City is not much different than flying through any other international airport and is just as safe. Just have your passport with you.

If you are carrying tools or parts, you'll need to advise the customs agent that you are a tech rep and were asked to come to look at machines your company sold them and that all parts are sales demos and will return to the US with you.. A letter from the client would help.

Traveling in Mexico City is a different story. Go to the US State department's website and review travel precautions for this city. Americans have gotten into the wrong cabs and have been mugged. Otherwise, it is a great place to visit. Have fun!

Thank you for your reply. It's confirmed, I'm going. Looking forward to the experience!

RDU Jetblast said:
Flying in and out of Mexico City is not much different than flying through any other international airport and is just as safe. Just have your passport with you.

If you are carrying tools or parts, you'll need to advise the customs agent that you are a tech rep and were asked to come to look at machines your company sold them and that all parts are sales demos and will return to the US with you.. A letter from the client would help.

Traveling in Mexico City is a different story. Go to the US State department's website and review travel precautions for this city. Americans have gotten into the wrong cabs and have been mugged. Otherwise, it is a great place to visit. Have fun!
[post="283009"][/post]​

Back