Selfish, Ignorant, Rude & ARROGANT behavior!

Wait...wait I worked a PHL-PIT flight a long while back and the gate area was a sea of blue. It was a plane change for myself and crew. It was one of those gate agent wanting to board right away moments as we arrived just about at boarding time due to delays. As I approached the the jetway and started down my girlfriend and I were stopped by a f/a. She grabbed my friends ID and asked her seniority and how did she get to go down first. I said, "You need to back up". WE are working the flight. Then I asked, "Who are YOU to bypass the agent and accost the working crew in fear that you weren't getting on". Needless to say as I was flying the "A" position, girlfriend never graced the aircraft door. You know what they say, Karma is a ............. :lol:

Needless to say as I was flying the "A" position, girlfriend never graced the aircraft door. You know what they say, Karma is a ............. :lol:

Did the "girlfriend" ever have a boarding pass or was it you making sure "girlfriend" never graced the the aircraft door?

I never saw the type of situations that chronically get posted here from PHX commuters. If anything they would have either, with permission, pre-boarded the flight for us or asked if there was anything they could do to help. Showing up late and finding your flight already boarded was always a nice surprise. Just personally check the mandatory items, say hi to the crew and make up a bunch of time so we could see the hotel bed that much sooner.

In addition, I'd like to personally thank you for airing the PIT commuters dirty laundry on this public forum making us look even worse that most people think we already our due to past behaviour.

If the dirty laundry will just affect the PIT-PHL commuter group in the future, then I could see your point, but its obvious that some people in PIT arent getting it and arent getting the message that they need to knock it off or it likely WONT BE just the PIT-PHL commuters that get punished for their actions. It will affect everyone who commutes on WN from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale. Instead of getting upset with someone posting something here, the PITPHL group needs to be taking care of those who were the point of the initial post instead. Why does it continue to happen in PIT? That is what you should be focusing on.

If anything they would have either, with permission, pre-boarded the flight for us or asked if there was anything they could do to help.

FWIW, we commuters at AA used to do same. However, AA got fined a bunch of money by the FAA for this practice. It seems their policy is that if you are not on the clock, you can not serve as boarding crew, even if you are in uniform. It has to do with on-duty hours and legalities. We still have agents at AA ask us to stand in for the working crew. We have to tell them, no can do.

If you are still doing this at US Airways, just be aware that it might get the company in trouble with the Feds.

If I were the company I would be considering having someone in management contact the Southwest station manager in PIT and asking if there is any substance to the reports that there have been issues with US folks who commute from the PIT area. I would expect that the company would not take postings on the internet to be fact, but after a while it is probably wise to be pro-active and ask the question.

Of course it is possible that the company would love to see Southwest pull the agreement in the PIT-PHL market and hope that the folks in question choose to quit rather than live in PIT and have to drive to work in PHL.

East f/a's have what they call "OPR's" that stands for On Premise Reserve. I believe called HOT on the west. At times you'll show up to a boarded flight. I can count on one hand. As for the question about "girlfriend" not getting on..... Well the flight didn't have that many open seats and apparently her seniority didn't hold a seat. Ohsie wellsie. :lol:

Oh I also believe that the reason we hear so much about problems on the PIT-PHL or PHL-PIT commute is you'd be hard pressed to find a city that's about as cut throat getting in and out. You'd have an easier time commuting out of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

FWIW, we commuters at AA used to do same. However, AA got fined a bunch of money by the FAA for this practice. It seems their policy is that if you are not on the clock, you can not serve as boarding crew, even if you are in uniform.

Nah, that was why I said "with permission". The company would quickly check the legality of the boarding crew and put the folks on the clock for the time they boarded the flight. It didn't happen often, but it did happen. More often the company would send down 3-4 hot reserves (OPR) and they would board the flight and have it ready to go. In that scenario if the incoming crew got further delayed the reserves would end up flying the flight and the late crew would get to go home with pay. The company didn't care to do that too much because it would pretty well empty the reserve room for an hour or two until they got the next shift in or they "upgraded" on call reserves to sit hot reserve.

If the dirty laundry will just affect the PIT-PHL commuter group in the future, then I could see your point, but its obvious that some people in PIT arent getting it and arent getting the message that they need to knock it off or it likely WONT BE just the PIT-PHL commuters that get punished for their actions. It will affect everyone who commutes on WN from Seattle to Ft Lauderdale. Instead of getting upset with someone posting something here, the PITPHL group needs to be taking care of those who were the point of the initial post instead. Why does it continue to happen in PIT? That is what you should be focusing on.
Here's the problem. We keep what's happened in PIT where it belongs.....in PIT. It is dealt with on a local level and handled. Now however, it has been posted here and everyone from management in Tempe who reads these boards now knows there's a problem yet again and may contact SWA to rescind the agreement which could affect everyone systemwide. As you state above, it won't just be the PIT/PHL commuters affected.

In addition, the initial poster said that the behaviour was "selfish, ignorant, rude and ARROGANT"--I quote the topic of the post. However if you read the original letter sent out before the moderator deleted it, those words were not used at all. The only word describing behaviour was "pushy." We need to now look at a gate agents perception of pushy. Were they having a bad day and an F/A asked one too many times if they would get a boarding pass? How many F/As were involved? 5, 10, 50??? What exactly happened that prompted Flash to contact Tina? No one here that is posting and trashing the PIT-PHL commuter group seemed to be at the scene of the crime so this thread is pure speculation. If anyone posting was actually there, please let on to what happened otherwise, let's quit second guessing and move on ~~causing as little stir as possible to get managements attention. Letters have now been posted on the commuter board asking for names of those involved, almost like a lynch mob. I'm sure the agents at SWA are smart enough to deal with people on an individual basis and will do so in the future. Time to move on......

Here's the problem. We keep what's happened in PIT where it belongs.....in PIT. It is dealt with on a local level and handled.

In addition, the initial poster said that the behaviour was "selfish, ignorant, rude and ARROGANT"--I quote the topic of the post. However if you read the original letter sent out before the moderator deleted it, those words were not used at all. The only word describing behaviour was "pushy." We need to now look at a gate agents perception of pushy.

I was wrong to have posted the note to PIT-PHL commuters and I said as much. I do, however, stand by my decision to expose the bad behavior of some PIT-PHL commuters on this board. Handling this continuing situation has not worked "in house."

Dictionary.com describes "pushy" as (1) obnoxiously forward or self-assertive, (2) disagreeably agressive or forward.....in my world, that is selfish, ignorant, rude and arrogant behavior.

In the note to the PIT-PHL group, it stated that the WN spv. said our F/As were getting quite pushy and questioning agents. See above description of "pushy." It also stated the the WN spv. said that he will not tolerate this behavior ever again. As a commuter, I took this as a FINAL WARNING!! I'm done sitting back and doing nothing about it....thus this thread.

Unless WN gate agents at PIT are extremely different from WN gate agents in the rest of the system, the fact that the supervisor even brought it up suggests some pretty bad behavior. That it was bad enough for the agents to even mention it to the supervisor says a lot. WN agents as a group are the best.

Listen I was in PIT visiting family/friends when I was taking a WN flight to PHL. I was almost mowed down on the moving sidewalk by a flight attendant with more bags than a mule could carry. It was a race to the finish. THEN as she got to the podium and I was behind her she proceeded to ask the gate agent for WN if she could have two more cabin request forms or whatever they call them. I said, "Ooooooooh no Martha and Glenda aren't here I go next". TOTAL BS and trying to alter the Rules. The WN agents in PIT are QUITE familiar with many from US who rely on them to get to work. The agent not knowing me as I wasn't a "PIT" commuter winked and gave me.....HELLO an "A" boarding card. Later biaches. All many are trying to get at I think is commuting is tough but the PIT-PHL commute is cut throat at times. Go to a WN flight heading for PIT on a bad weather day in PHL. You won't see ANYTHING similar on any other WN flight.

I guess the warnings went to deaf ears.Last night Philadelphia to Pittsburgh a brew ah ha occurred. An agent friend told me through the grape vine that a SW had weight balance issues on the flight yesterday.They asked the last 2 non-revs to board to come forward. No one came. They repeated this about 3 times over the PA.The passengers were getting irritated because the flight was delayed already by quite a while.Two other non-revs said they will get off but they were not the last two to board.The agent says don't make me check everyone's I.D. and starts reading off the two girls names and they never came off.Finally the pilots work out the situation and they left.
Are these people on medication or what?I am so sick of these self entitled people and they are destroying it for everyone.

I was wrong to have posted the note to PIT-PHL commuters and I said as much. I do, however, stand by my decision to expose the bad behavior of some PIT-PHL commuters on this board. Handling this continuing situation has not worked "in house."

Dictionary.com describes "pushy" as (1) obnoxiously forward or self-assertive, (2) disagreeably agressive or forward.....in my world, that is selfish, ignorant, rude and arrogant behavior.

In the note to the PIT-PHL group, it stated that the WN spv. said our F/As were getting quite pushy and questioning agents. See above description of "pushy." It also stated the the WN spv. said that he will not tolerate this behavior ever again. As a commuter, I took this as a FINAL WARNING!! I'm done sitting back and doing nothing about it....thus this thread.
From what I understand the two moderators of the PIT-PHL website are now discussing shutting it down due to your copying the post....nice job. :up: :up: :up:

Back