Selling E-190's

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound like you're getting off on this.

All things considered, I would hold off on your victory dance. There are a number of elements in the mix with regard to staffing and nobody knows where the needle will stop, up to and including recalls.

It must suck that your life is so bleak that you can't find better things to take enjoyment in.

Have a great day sunshine.
:D
Easy cowboy. I know facts tend to get in the way over there on the east. And with my post being factual, I can understand your lashing out at me.

I forgive you.

More unsupported, naked assertions. You can do better than that. I'm willing to be edumacated about the impact of MRTC on revenue buckets, so I anxiously await your discussion of same.
Which part is unsupported and naked?

TWA did try it.

And I don't think AA gave it up because it was so successful.

Uh, for those who didn't notice the topic is US Airways is selling some of their E-190s. It is NOT more room throughout coach at AA, TWA, or anywhere else. Please stay on topic. If relevant comments about the topic have been exhausted, we can close the thread.

This is completely expected. They have been saying that they need to reduce capacity and transition agreement were preventing them from reducing mainline jets. Either way, the capacity would have been further reduced. It will be interesting how it affects the markets these a/c are utilized in if capacity reduction is the goal.

At least the west was able to escape this somewhat, the west was hit hard with LAS reductions.

Easy cowboy. I know facts tend to get in the way over there on the east. And with my post being factual, I can understand your lashing out at me.

I forgive you.

You aren't stating facts my magnanimous friend. When the next bid comes out it will factor in the change in flying associated with the 190 deal and other factors plus or minus, to whatever extent, only then will we know the required staffing.

Until that time any speculation about being overstaffed is premature and your reference to it clearly was a knee jerk stick in the eye reaction. Having been on the staffing bubble many times before, myself, I feel a certain amount of responsibility to defend those that are there now from the self serving, cruel behavior that I perceived your post to represent.

And yes, I forgive you too.

From a customer perspective, I think it's a shame that US is dispensing with the best aircraft in its fleet. (At least in my opinion.) I realize that it was a business decision........but I really wish that they could have gotten rid of the CRJ's instead.

You're kidding, right?

Let's see, HPDriver says EAST will be overstaffed and takes a poke at Cleary at the expense of a bunch of pilots who are wondering if they are going to have a job, stating that "this is going to happen"

Nope, I'm not kidding.

Let's see, HPDriver says EAST will be overstaffed and takes a poke at Cleary at the expense of a bunch of pilots who are wondering if they are going to have a job, stating that "this is going to happen"

Nope, I'm not kidding.
I see you've gotten used to hearing the spin that comes from the USAPA machine.

Nah. The entire industry is a g'damn joke.

True enough.

And "reducing excess capacity" is management speak for "we don't know what the hell we're doing, so let's sell some airplanes, we need the cash."

True.

But LCC is pathetic.

And "reducing excess capacity" is management speak for "we don't know what the hell we're doing, so let's sell some airplanes, we need the cash."
I disagree.

Parker and company have kept this airline going and have made some pretty smart moves. The seem to have a talent for finding money.

They're one of the better teams out there.

You guys have been working for corporate raiders for many years so I can understand why you can't see that.

I know we are supposed to be taking delivery on AB's within the next 6 months or so. Does anyone have the types and amounts?

Not counting the rumored Airbuses from Frontier (at least until verified) there are supposed to be 4 more A321 and 2 A320 deliveries this quarter, offset by the loss of 8 B757's. That is per the investor update issued in July. I believe that there are more A321/320 deliveries for next year plus A332's, again offset by returns to lessors.

Jim

You guys have been working for corporate raiders for many years so I can understand why you can't see that.

It remains to be seen whether the current management team really wants to run an airline or are merely corporate raiders wearing business casual attire.

It remains to be seen whether the current management team really wants to run an airline or are merely corporate raiders wearing business casual attire.
I think Parker has proven himself to be nothing like your previous management. He wants to run and airline and is doing it in the most cost effective way he can.

We're just unable to hold our own. No one to blame but USAPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back