Selling E-190's

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMT....HOW MANY FLEET POSITIONS LOST? THEY WILL BE THE BIGGEST!!!!

Not sure how many stations will be eligible for outsourcing fleet after these planes leave. Stations with E190s will most probably cut their head count and junior fleet people will get furloughed or have to transfer to one of the mother ships.

The "mother ships" have the most E190 equipment. Cannot anyone on these threads put this puzzle together? It will be the end of many cities, smaller cities will turn to express only. Then the bidding war begins. This is going to be disaster waiting to happen. Kirby has given his warning. Let the process begin....................................

The "mother ships" have the most E190 equipment. Cannot anyone on these threads put this puzzle together? It will be the end of many cities, smaller cities will turn to express only. Then the bidding war begins. This is going to be disaster waiting to happen. Kirby has given his warning. Let the process begin....................................

I really don't think fleet outsourcing will begin immediately. There will definitely be furloughs of junior staff. PIT will catch the brunt of it again... The mother ships may reduce headcount authorization but I doubt seriously there will be furloughs there.

Does anyone have a reference to where it says US is acquiring Frontier airbuses?

Is this just wishful thinking? A rumor?

I didn't see anything in Kirby's letter that said we would be acquiring anything.

Does anyone have a reference to where it says US is acquiring Frontier airbuses?

Is this just wishful thinking? A rumor?

I didn't see anything in Kirby's letter that said we would be acquiring anything.
The A318's are out for sure. Parker has no interest in them.

Didn't Kirby's message say they were selling the airplanes to reduce seats? So why would we get any additional seats?

If true, I think the two transactions are getting co-mingled. Any purchase of used A319/A320s would likely be to reduce 733/734s faster.

I was wondering if they got Frontier's Airbuses then they would probably get rid of the Boeings yet they dont have a 757 replacement

If true, I think the two transactions are getting co-mingled. Any purchase of used A319/A320s would likely be to reduce 733/734s faster.

Rumor: The west got a sweet deal from their lessors on their 73's and have extended the leases. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Any details?

Rumor: The west got a sweet deal from their lessors on their 73's and have extended the leases. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Any details?
Sweet deal is an understatement.

We get to keep them in exchange for maintaining them.

They would have been scrapped or parked otherwise.

I guess its possible if the lease rates went down to the point where its cheaper to fly them still with higher fuel burn...Just maybe they would use some of them as E190 replacement flights

I'm also thinking that if we were acquiring airplanes from Frontier, they would have announced a swap deal at the same time...also I think Kirby said jobs would be affected so It definitely wouldn't be 1 for 1

This is more of a question than a response, because frankly, I don't know. But like everyone else, I can speculate what selling the 190's will do for USAirways...

Actually, I don't think that they/we are selling them to Republic. Could the tranfer of these 190's to Republic be a means to satisfy two problems the company has. One, it could satisfy the RJ grievance by terminating the contract that USAirways has with Republic and two, also satisfy a $250 mil loan that USAirways has with them.

Let's face it, if there is one thing that both Parker, and his talking head, Kirby say every time they get on their soapbox, it's consolidation. They care less about the problems that the two pilot groups have than they do trying to get the financial community to buy off on a deal whether it is with Continental(my guess), American or United.

I also believe the remaining 190's won't be here much longer either.

Just my thoughts out loud!

This is more of a question than a response, because frankly, I don't know. But like everyone else, I can speculate what selling the 190's will do for USAirways...

Actually, I don't think that they/we are selling them to Republic. Could the tranfer of these 190's to Republic be a means to satisfy two problems the company has. One, it could satisfy the RJ grievance by terminating the contract that USAirways has with Republic and two, also satisfy a $250 mil loan that USAirways has with them.

Let's face it, if there is one thing that both Parker, and his talking head, Kirby say every time they get on their soapbox, it's consolidation. They care less about the problems that the two pilot groups have than they do trying to get the financial community to buy off on a deal whether it is with Continental(my guess), American or United.

I also believe the remaining 190's won't be here much longer either.

Just my thoughts out loud!
Some good points, could satisfy the loan, but republic will keep contract, makes them alot of money.

There are topics worth discussing that do not involve the East vs. West pilot issue. You have a thread devoted exclusively to that topic. The topic on this thread is the sale of the E190s--not the seniority list, not Nic award. Stick to it.

By the way, just be aware that when we post a warning like this, it does NOT mean that it takes effect as soon as you get your last swipe in at "the enemy." It takes effect now. Time off can be awarded with almost no effort if that is what you want and need.

Posts have been deleted. Time off is next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts