Small Plane crash

What happened this morning breaks my heart. In the late 80’s I had friends on three of four crashes. I took it pretty hard. The industry trend toward outsourcing flights to other companies like Mesa worries me. I believe MDA is a better course for the future.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 10:03:07 AM chipmunn wrote:

There is now speculation the left forward entry door may have come off, flew into the left engine, and caused the prop to separate from the aircraft.

Chip
----------------
[/blockquote]

OK Chip, enough with the speculation. I'm sitting here watching CNN and am disgusted with the speculation of the so-called experts. I flew the 1900 in a past life, and the info they are spitting out is inaccurate and unfounded. Posting all the speculation here, serves no purpose except to give rumors a life of their own.

As pilots, you and I could come up with a thousand possible scenarios. No one knows what happened or what those pilots were faced with. Out of respect for the victims, why don't we all wait until the FACTS come out and spend our time saying a prayer for the them.

John Goglia was a mechanic, lead mechanic and inspector for US Airways after he retired, he was appointed to the NTSB. The first AMT to be appointed to the board. He was in CLT last August at our flight safety conference, very intelligent and impressive person and a nice guy. Mesa just reported the airplane in the past few months just had a complete overhaul and the pilot did radio the tower with a mayday. Just thank god it did not happen 10 minutes later, many of the smokers congregate on that side of the hangar and where the plane crashed into at break time. It could have been very much worse then it was, any loss of life is horrific.

With all due respect Chip, I agree with 767 - speculation just hours after an accident is really uncalled for, especially for a "news" oganization like CNN. If you've looked at their "breaking news" stories, you will have noticed that it has varied wildly from some injuries to all fatalaties, losses on the ground to no injuries on the ground. Then you get the talking heads to come on with their "possiblities" for the cause of the crash. We shouod expect to see John Nance and Mary Shiavo offering their opinions before too much longer. We will have the "aviation experts" who also happen to be lawyers opining about the cause of the accident. News no longer sticks to the facts, and they become very lax about making any retractions about misinformation that has been reported. [BR][BR]I don't know what ALPA would know as far as the cause of this accident. My guess is - not much more than anyone else.

Deleted by author - 767jetz are you now happy?[BR][BR]Chip[BR]

Deleted by author - 767jetz are you now happy?[BR][BR]Chip[BR][BR]

This makes it hard to keep focus, but focus we must. It's hard to be objective when your heart's breaking for these folks. We just have to find it within us to keep looking forward...hard as it may be. We'll be OK. We are the best in the industry at what we do.

A320 Driver

Maybe better to go back to letting these contracts fly their own color scheme and use own name? It doesnt really do anything for the passengers..I, for one, know about the contract status and that these folks are not US Air employees, etc.