When did DCA-IAH and DCA-CLE end?

I can't speak for the DCA CLE route but I know that the DCA IAH route was full or oversold a lot! I really hope they bring that route back. It is a shame that it was cut. It was doing very well. Anyone know about the DCA CLE route?
So were all of the flights that they cut from PIT, including the PIT/IAH flights. That seems to be a mute fact now for the airline.

I think part of the reason IAH was dropped at least temporarily was the fact that Republic does not have enough crew to fly all the routes that they are taking over from MDA. IAH is on the June schedule, whether it stays there is another question.

I think part of the reason IAH was dropped at least temporarily was the fact that Republic does not have enough crew to fly all the routes that they are taking over from MDA. IAH is on the June schedule, whether it stays there is another question.

well it serves them right. it serves the company right foe selling out our mainline jobs to a crappy commuter airline. and it serves republic right for nor having any crews- the MDA f/as who are MAINLINE f/as werent good enough for them they didnt even offer us a job, they wanted to use new hires instead. what a slap in the face to take our planes our routes and our brand and not even offer us a job. no one wants to work there anyway even new hires because they know its pretty much a scab job. i hope usairways gets rid of them. its like a knife in the heart every time i see one of thier flights- OUR FLIGHTS- on the monitor especially with the word CANCELLED next to it.

KICK THEM TO THE CURB AND BRING THE EMBS BACK TO MAINELINE!!! :down:

Yes that is correct.
CleDcaCle flts discontinued early December 2005.
God only knows, those dcacle trips were full and oversold
out of DCA.
Cle loads were not bad either.
I'll never understand after 22 yrs of working.

I believe the return of that last batch of old US mainline aircraft in January (about 40 planes?) was the reason for the discontinuation of DCA-CLE among other DCA and PIT routes.

Rob,

You are correct according to Consumer Relations. Just got off the phone with them and asked them what was going on. And they said that a few more routes might be cut as more and more of the E170's go to republic. Republic is lagging behind on training. The consumer Relations rep said that the DCA IAH and DCA CLE were doing very well.

I believe the return of that last batch of old US mainline aircraft in January (about 40 planes?) was the reason for the discontinuation of DCA-CLE among other DCA and PIT routes.

its because of the transfer of 25 emb170s which are new planes from us airways to republic who doesnt have thier act together. not 40 old mainline planes. these routes were all 170 routes.

The ASSUMPTION was that the pilots that used to fly those aircraft (when they were at US Airways Mainline) would count themselves lucky to have the chance to transfer to Republic.

IMO the management of Republic must have been very confused when the US Airways E-170 pilots did not leap at the chance to both take a pay cut, and get to be junior to the most junior pilot from the combinded lists of Republic, Chautauqua, and Shuttle America. Top that off with "New Hire" status in regards to training (Gee, sharing rooms is "fun"), and apparently many US Airways pilots decided Republic was not for them. :huh:

So what happened instead, is most of the US Airways pilots remained at US Airways, or sought employment elsewhere :D

Why...?

Because starting over and changing your uniform shirts to blue, or sticking around until the furlough notice (and pay) arrived seemed a lot more desirable to most of us than going to Republic. :rolleyes:

Do you think that Republic management now wishes that they had fought to bring 100% of the US Airways E-170 pilots over with the purchase of all of the E-170's...? I dunno, you will have to ask them.

Fly Safe.

The consumer Relations rep said that the DCA IAH and DCA CLE were doing very well.

I am probably picking nits, but I do not understand the logic of cutting flights that are "doing very well" when you're throwing them on routes like PIT-DCA, PIT-PHL, PHL-PVD, PVD-RDU, etc. The E170's are going to make a lot more revenue flying DCA-CLE than they will flying PHL-PIT.

It's easy to second-guess the decision to sell the E170's to Republic, but at the time, US Airways was desperate to line up financing for the reorganization, and the agreement to sell the assets of the MDA operation to RJET gave US Airways the option of requiring RJET to put money into the company's recapitalization.

I do think that Republic's management gravely miscalculated the willingness of the MDA pilots to bend over just to keep a job, and they failed to induct the new aircraft in a timely manner. And that is simply poor management.

The money from the 170 aircraft sale was actually just for the management retention bonuses. When you subtract those, they only made about 2 Billion or so from the sale. It's still unclear whose idea it was to leave the employees out- US Airways being mean or Republic being greedy.

End result- poor service- lost revenue- routes suspended- staffing shortage on E170s at the same time mainline E170 crews are furloughed-loads of cancelled flights throughout the system- lost customers due to inconsistant and shoddy service. Oh and don't forget Republics weekly inadvertant slide depoyment.

Rob,
Those were express flts, not mainliner's..

As stated above.,and it was great to on rev on,to other destination's!

The money from the 170 aircraft sale was actually just for the management retention bonuses. When you subtract those, they only made about 2 Billion or so from the sale.

I don't think you meant $2 Billion...since the sale of 25 aircraft and the slots in DCA & LGA was only for $110 Million. Rjet got one heck of a sweetheart deal and U management got their $55 million in parting gifts. 25 aircraft and slots for the price of 3 aircraft and massive concessions, management was laughing all the way to the bank! Too bad they were only thinking of themselves and weren't thinking about the service disruption on routes like DCA-IAH.

Dorf

Rob,
Those were express flts, not mainliner's..

As stated above.,and it was great to on rev on,to other destination's!

My understanding was that returning the mainliners caused a cascade effect by backfilling some of the missing mainliner routes with E170s, and thus some E170 routes getting cancelled, one of which was DCA-CLE. It's hard to believe Republic's inefficiency cause that much damage, although I'm willing to learn.

Oh, well, non-hub routes are always in jeopardy anyway. The really nice thing about the DCA routes was they were pulling traffic away from BWI, making that airport less crowded. With the cancellation of the US DCA routes and FLYi's demise, this year's numbers at Washington area airports should be interesting.

The money from the 170 aircraft sale was actually just for the management retention bonuses. When you subtract those, they only made about 2 Billion or so from the sale.

I agree but don’t you mean 2 million

I was told by an agent in DCA that Continental has increased their flights from DCA-IAH to 9 per day, 8 flights on 737's and 1 on an E145. Also with the warmer weather and those "full" flights, Republic can't carry the load on the 170 like MDA did because their company can not do flaps 4 takeoffs to take off at the higher gross weights, therefore leaving Passengers and/or bags behind.
Wrong info. Republic does flaps 4 takeoffs. ;)

Latest posts