So whats really going on with USAirways

Sure management has been doing a wonderful job! They've reduced employee morale to well below sea level, reduced customer service to ashes (especially where the high-yield customer is involved), and just overall turned this airline into an operation that makes Greyhound bus look like an executive limo service!

Yep, a management old Frank Lorenzo would be proud of!

Just little known tidbit about Mr Lorenzo. Back when he was doing his wheeling and dealing he openly coveted Eastern Airlines. Want to know the reason why?

At the time Eastern had a very advanced reservation system he wanted for both Eastern and CO. Back then it was called System One and Continental uses that system to this very day. Only now we know it as SHARES.

Couple of older BOS agents clued me into SHARES and where it came from as they apparently mastered it relatively quickly. According to them little had changed except the QIK overlay which they despised.

So even after being more or less barred from the aviation business the effects of his reign of terror linger on.

200% of there salary is what the upper management take home and station managers get a nice bonus, the employees take is maybe 50 dollars a month. America West management i runing this place into the ground, they are the laughing stock of the industry.

Station managers do not get bonuses of any kind for any reason.

Station managers do not get bonuses of any kind for any reason.

NO! They just get hotel rooms during a driving snow storm so they can hand out discipline points to workers in their station the next day. What a joke of a Management Team.

What chance does a customer stand if the employees get treated that way? You guy are likely hissed off you haven't found a way to charge a customer a "Late to the Gate" penalty instead of just closing the doors 20 minutes early.

Now back on topic! What's "REALLY" going on at US is the continued witch hunt against Senior Employees. To dipsticks like DP & SK a TOS agent getting $20/hr is merely $11/hr over a new hire on their spreadsheet. So if they have to abuse them in a Focus City with a high seniority so be it. It's all about the bonus boys and girls. Those 2 arse clowns would merge with Mesa if they thought they could get a pay day.

It's just like the hand loading days in the mines where the boses didn't care anymore for a person than they did a draft mule.

More like 9.7 billion. plus the lowest labor cost, a great route system and these morons in Tempe can't make a nickel, yet they are the highest paid management team in the industry and we are the lowest paid.

Why should they care...those consessions came pre merger...this management group had nothing to do with that....in fact the management group in Tempe has not once asked for pay freezes or pay reductions from any group durring these tough ecomic times.

Sure management has been doing a wonderful job! They've reduced employee morale to well below sea level, reduced customer service to ashes (especially where the high-yield customer is involved), and just overall turned this airline into an operation that makes Greyhound bus look like an executive limo service!

Hey the east moral was already low....you all have this misconception on the east that everyone has to be miserable.....we on the west actually were doing pretty good before we took over the sorry east

Hey the east moral was already low....you all have this misconception on the east that everyone has to be miserable.....we on the west actually were doing pretty good before we took over the sorry east

I think the 6+-dollar hour rise plus improvements in work rules and benefits the HP passenger services agents got may disagree with you

Why should they care...those consessions came pre merger...this management group had nothing to do with that....in fact the management group in Tempe has not once asked for pay freezes or pay reductions from any group durring these tough ecomic times.

They DON'T HAVE TO.

What was already given up voluntarily by AWA or from US by Bankruptcy...... Bottom line is: The Bottom in the industry is still the bottom.

I think the 6+-dollar hour rise plus improvements in work rules and benefits the HP passenger services agents got may disagree with you

You can't use rational thought in this circumstance........it might cancel out the Tempe Kool-Aid buzz. :lol:

"the sorry east, the sorry east, the sorry east."
I am so SICK AND TIRED of the devisive rhetoric statements and attitudes such as the one above. What are we, five years old? Why do people insist on pointing fingers and continuing the blame game when 99% of the problems we face are NOT CAUSED BY EMPLOYEE GROUPS but rather poor management and a collaborative of industry suicide and a "touch economy"?

How about you take some of that second grade behavior and do something positive to, I dunno, move things forward?

NEWSFLASH: AMERICA WEST IS NO MORE, "EAST" USAIRWAYS IS NO MORE, like it or not, we need to come together on issues and support the common cause so our quality of life can improve. I've never seen such immaturity from people who are supposed to be safety professionals. How about putting on your big boy britches and be part of the solution rather than another miserable whiner?

"the sorry east, the sorry east, the sorry east."
I am so SICK AND TIRED of the devisive rhetoric statements and attitudes such as the one above. What are we, five years old? Why do people insist on pointing fingers and continuing the blame game when 99% of the problems we face are NOT CAUSED BY EMPLOYEE GROUPS but rather poor management and a collaborative of industry suicide and a "touch economy"?

How about you take some of that second grade behavior and do something positive to, I dunno, move things forward?

NEWSFLASH: AMERICA WEST IS NO MORE, "EAST" USAIRWAYS IS NO MORE, like it or not, we need to come together on issues and support the common cause so our quality of life can improve. I've never seen such immaturity from people who are supposed to be safety professionals. How about putting on your big boy britches and be part of the solution rather than another miserable whiner?

Until the problem at the top is resolved, i.e. corporate culture, nothing will get accomplished at the front line. Take that to the bank.

I beg to differ Jesus himself could be management and nothing on the front line will change because everyone’s attitudes and work ethic is already etched in stone.

You are responsible for your life, happiness, work, etc. no manager or supervisor or anyone in Tempe! Your job is what you make it. Everything else is just complaining.

And yet the very employees you attack are the ones who saved this airline numerous times with concessions and keep the passengers happy, its Tempe's ineptness that has caused all the downfalls, go ask the employees and passengers, come out of your office and see the real world.

Latest posts