So whats really going on with USAirways

And it was the managment before thems fault, and the ones before that and the ones before that, and the ones before that and the ones before that and the........

US has had a string of bad management decisions as well as HP, educate yourself, the employees at East took concessions in 92, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 to save this airline, if you were an east employee you would have known that.

Colodny, ran a great regional protected airline, bought PSA and basically shut it down, bought PI after a fight with TWA and Norfolk Southern, imposed all US's policies on PI instead of looking at what made it work, causing major screw ups.

Schofield, had no clue to run an airline, use to sweep the hangar floors in DC and married a board member's daughter, had no clue how to run an airline.

Wolf, as they say a Wolf in sheep's clothing, made major improvements, but in the end let the airline flounder when his secret agenda to sell it failed.

Siegel, the man that violated and threatened the employees and was fired, bringing US into chapter 11 and then had Bronner threaten to shut it down unless we took more cuts, took cuts then had Siegel violate the very agreements they signed with the unions, ended up being fired and walking away with $6,000,000 in cash, must be nice to be rewarded for failure.

Lakefield, no airline experience at all got the job cause he was golfing buddies with Bronner, brought US into chapter 11 again just to merge with HP.

Shall I start with how they screwed up the merger?

I thought it was against company policy to post while at work?

I beg to differ Jesus himself could be management and nothing on the front line will change because everyone’s attitudes and work ethic is already etched in stone.

Aside from your near blasphemous attack on what you perceive would be the management skills of Jesus, I beg to differ. If you have even a hint of what Jesus (or at least what we think we know of him) is about, you would see that his philosophy is diametrically opposed to the treatment given human beings at the hands of the Tempe brain trust. I suspect Jesus would, at the very least, treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve as human beings (which Tempe does not.)

US has had a string of bad management decisions as well as HP, educate yourself, the employees at East took concessions in 92, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 to save this airline, if you were an east employee you would have known that.

Colodny, ran a great regional protected airline, bought PSA and basically shut it down, bought PI after a fight with TWA and Norfolk Southern, imposed all US's policies on PI instead of looking at what made it work, causing major screw ups.

Schofield, had no clue to run an airline, use to sweep the hangar floors in DC and married a board member's daughter, had no clue how to run an airline.

Wolf, as they say a Wolf in sheep's clothing, made major improvements, but in the end let the airline flounder when his secret agenda to sell it failed.

Siegel, the man that violated and threatened the employees and was fired, bringing US into chapter 11 and then had Bronner threaten to shut it down unless we took more cuts, took cuts then had Siegel violate the very agreements they signed with the unions, ended up being fired and walking away with $6,000,000 in cash, must be nice to be rewarded for failure.

Lakefield, no airline experience at all got the job cause e was golfing buddies with Bronner, brought US into chapter 11 again just to merge with HP.

700UW, we rarely agree on anything here. But this is without a doubt the best short-history description of what the east has endured at the hands of decades of mismanagement, malfeasance and ignorance from the top.

And it was the managment before thems fault, and the ones before that and the ones before that, and the ones before that and the ones before that and the........

But the fact remains the management team currently in CHARGE is doing a bang up job.

Depending on whatever your interpretation of "BANGED" UP is......

I thought it was against company policy to post while at work?
Very good post accurate and factual

This thread has a wide scope. Drifting from morale to management bonuses to merger to irrational exuberance to East Vs. West to management failure before the clearest view of what's really going on was presented in the form of scriptural justification.

The divine right of management is what's really going on. They can do no wrong.

Certainly not off-topic. Much more germane than events 20 years in the past.

Stock is up...weird because of the unfavorable slot-swap ruling.
Could it be that something is AAfoot?
Polish your shoes, boys! The AAirline execs have been sniffing AAround.
Cheers.

Well if we wait on management to fix things and hope for them to improve our moral, we will be waiting a long long time.
Your job is what you make it. It is what it is. There are ways to fix things but most is out of our hands.
I agree the East vs West needs to be long and over with, it helps nobody.
I hate seeing more people getting layed off but I cant stop it. I can just come to work do my job and try and make a difference.
The pilot group really needs to get there act together soon. I know there are lots of issues there but its time to move forward and try and make a better airline. Despite some of the poor management we could do it. But thats just my thoughts.

Latest posts