Some quotes from PO'ed Delta Employees....

Jonnyd

Advanced
Jul 12, 2004
PO as in pissed off! These quotes were in the newsletter that just came out this afternoon from Delta employees who e-mailed US Airways:

Delta Employees
"Let me just make this short. I've been a Delta employee for 10 years and I pray that we don't merge with US Airways (or any other airline for that matter). Besides, US Airways routes overlap with Delta too much (it doesn't make sense to merge with you). Yuck! What horrible
news to wake up to!"

"GO AWAY!!! Delta nor
the state of GA needs this.
Your takeover would destroy
Atlanta's economy and so
many lives. Please just leave
us alone and go quietly."

Are you kidding me? Destroy the economy of Atlanta? Can anyone tell me how the heck the merger would destroy the cities' economy because I just think that's a BS statement. There were a lot of pissed of America West and US Airways employees that didn't want to merge at all but now 99% of the people here believe it was a great thing to do. Don't knock it til you try it! :up:

PO as in pissed off! These quotes were in the newsletter that just came out this afternoon from Delta employees who e-mailed US Airways:

Delta Employees
"Let me just make this short. I've been a Delta employee for 10 years and I pray that we don't merge with US Airways (or any other airline for that matter). Besides, US Airways routes overlap with Delta too much (it doesn't make sense to merge with you). Yuck! What horrible
news to wake up to!"
"GO AWAY!!! Delta nor
the state of GA needs this.
Your takeover would destroy
Atlanta's economy and so
many lives. Please just leave
us alone and go quietly."
Are you kidding me? Destroy the economy of Atlanta? Can anyone tell me how the heck the merger would destroy the cities' economy because I just think that's a BS statement. There were a lot of pissed of America West and US Airways employees that didn't want to merge at all but now 99% of the people here believe it was a great thing to do. Don't knock it til you try it! :up:
They probably remember what American did to TWA in St. Louis. Lambert airport was spending a bazillion for TWA to expand, new runways, etc.. tearing down houses / hotels / businesses. They lost hub status when American came in.

From what it sounds like, merging would be a bad idea.. cause.. I don't want to pay $50 a year to nonrev. (laugh.. just kidding.. that's not my only reason.)

Jonny D-

You simply forgot the DELTA AIR LINES-as in- FLY DELTA'S BIG JETS is synonymous with ATLANTA, GA.

Just like USAir is synonymous with PITTSBURGH, PA.

They'll get over it, just like they got over the Civil War.
At least most of them did.

They probably remember what American did to TWA in St. Louis. Lambert airport was spending a bazillion for TWA to expand, new runways, etc.. tearing down houses / hotels / businesses. They lost hub status when American came in.

From what it sounds like, merging would be a bad idea.. cause.. I don't want to pay $50 a year to nonrev. (laugh.. just kidding.. that's not my only reason.)

The 50 bucks a year non rev is new. But DL still puts there employees in first and buisness on INTL flight for no extra fees. Hope that helps.

one said they will burn in hell before they work for usairways. hasn't no one told them, they will still be working for delta? it's funny because i haven't heard anything on this board from delta employees

these people are pissed. here is another quote
" As much as all of us have been through. I just wanted to say that I will burn in hell before i will work for usairways. If you think that trying to intergrate delta and usairways is possible. You have no idea of the fight that you're going to have if you try"

BURN BABY BURN.

now i really want this thing to go though. just to piss these delta people off. we didn't even get this kind of backlash from the america west people.

i wonder why the HP peopl didnt give the backlash but USAIR was in my opion brought out by HP and I wondr if thats why DELTAis pissed that US survived and DELTA is struggling in CH11. i doubt that the DELTA people would want the pay that comes with US if that were to be the case

i wonder why the HP peopl didnt give the backlash but USAIR was in my opion brought out by HP and I wondr if thats why DELTAis pissed that US survived and DELTA is struggling in CH11. i doubt that the DELTA people would want the pay that comes with US if that were to be the case
remember, their business plan was predicated on usairways going out of business. didn't happen. now usairways is in the position to aquire them. i could see where they can get little bothered about that. it's understandable.

remember, their business plan was predicated on usairways going out of business. didn't happen. now usairways is in the position to aquire them. i could see where they can get little bothered about that. it's understandable.

They may also get bothered when they see the same workgroups at US on totally different payscales and with absolutely no sense of urgency on the company's part to rectify that situation. I wouldn't be happy with the prospect of working for US, either, if I was a Delta employeee. If this merger goes through, they will find what a BOHICA is. :blink:

They may also get bothered when they see the same workgroups at US on totally different payscales and with absolutely no sense of urgency on the company's part to rectify that situation. I wouldn't be happy with the prospect of working for US, either, if I was a Delta employeee. If this merger goes through, they will find what a BOHICA is. :blink:

Bingo! We have a winner.

now i really want this thing to go though. just to piss these delta people off. we didn't even get this kind of backlash from the america west people.

You wonder why DL employees want nothing to do with this?
Well, we can start with statements like this for one.
Remember, this is a hostile takeover. We don't see US a savior. It is nothing against US employees.

You hit the nail right on the head, barbee. Once again, labor is not and will continue to not be a priority. Unreal.... :blink:

Etops has never seen the big picture.... he wants the merger to go through so we will "piss the delta people off".... that should speak to his character.... :rolleyes:

one said they will burn in hell before they work for usairways. hasn't no one told them, they will still be working for delta? it's funny because i haven't heard anything on this board from delta employees

these people are pissed. here is another quote
" As much as all of us have been through. I just wanted to say that I will burn in hell before i will work for usairways. If you think that trying to intergrate delta and usairways is possible. You have no idea of the fight that you're going to have if you try"

BURN BABY BURN.

Etops,

Why dont you worry about why we are at the bottom of the industry with regards to pay and work rules, instead of getting all worked up about this merger? I dont blame the Delta people at all, US' labor negotiations are the biggest joke in the industry. Once again, labor collectively is being thrown to the bottom of the priority list. Does anyone else see a problem with this???? :shock:

Bingo! We have a winner.
You wonder why DL employees want nothing to do with this?
Well, we can start with statements like this for one.
Remember, this is a hostile takeover. We don't see US a savior. It is nothing against US employees.
If your think the DL employees are pissed, their reaction is milk toast compared to the DL FF. I haven't seen or heard this much venom since PI and I think this may be actually worse. If this goes through, the employees will take the brunt of that wrath for years to come.

If your think the DL employees are pissed, their reaction is milk toast compared to the DL FF. I haven't seen or heard this much venom since PI and I think this may be actually worse. If this goes through, the employees will take the brunt of that wrath for years to come.
Really? Ive read positive things from the FF's. This merger would add value to a FF portfolio.... more routes, stronger company....

Wrath of FF's? Been dealing with that for years, pal. Aint nuthin' you can bring to the professional, front line employees of USAirways. Been called every name in the book, and treated like a third class citizen for awhile now...... Does not stop me from giving the best possible service with the tools I am given! But we do enjoy your idle threats! Many thanks! :lol:

BTW, Piedmont has been gone....for years.... I know, it still hurts...;)

Really? Ive read positive things from the FF's. This merger would add value to a FF portfolio.... more routes, stronger company....
Really. I think you jest.

You may want to review the following two threads. One of the two is a poll on a US thread which has those opposed to this merger running 3 to 1 against. I can only image what it would be if it were in the DL forum.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626152
and
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626152

Enjoy!!!!

Delta FF and employee's will be impressed with how AA replaces "southern hospitality with cool northern (or I guess now its western) efficiency. ;)