Southwest Airline To Begin Pittsburgh Service

wnbubbleboy said:
Did it BWI too in '93. It's in the rampers contract. Alot of locals in BWI now. Also, many people waiting to get back to PIT. I have been waiting 11 years. I was laid off from U and had to relocate. Of course you get a chance to go home your going to go. Sorry but alot of people transfering in ARE locals. They just had to move away from home for a while. Now I can park my car and FLY to BWI from PIT. That's my pay back for having to leave home for so long. T/S if you don't like it but any one here now that is from Pittsburgh deserves a chance to go home.
[post="236538"][/post]​

Good for you wnbubbleboy. Welcome back home!

Someone mentioned the new B6 flights from BOS being announced tomorrow. They include increased service to/from MCO/TPA/FLL, and new service to SJC and LAS. Wasn't BOS-LAS a route that US actually put out a PR about starting, and then just never followed up on it? Pathetic.

US Airways is lucky there isn't enough available gates to do a lot of damage in CLT because I think that is where Southwest would have been heading if it wasn't for all the empty gates in PIT. The airport costs are much lower, and the city is growing at a very fast rate. Something is very fishy about ATA pulling out because I heard they were doing well in CLT. Maybe it's only a matter of time before Southwest does come to CLT after all?

EyeInTheSky said:
Clearly Delta's announcement about lower fares and now Southwest going into PIT makes it quite clear that they're out to kill US Airways.
[post="235926"][/post]​
After about 10 years of this BS... and your surprised by this, or just making an obvious observation? NFS

ISP said:
Someone mentioned the new B6 flights from BOS being announced tomorrow. They include increased service to/from MCO/TPA/FLL, and new service to SJC and LAS. Wasn't BOS-LAS a route that US actually put out a PR about starting, and then just never followed up on it? Pathetic.
[post="236547"][/post]​
Besides LAS, they'd also announced three daily BOS/FLL nonstops for Feb. I booked some, and then two of them disappeared from the schedule. Makes much more sense to funnel those folks through PHL or CLT I suppose. You know the nonstop planes would fill through the spring, if nothing else.

Wasn't it about a year and a half ago that David Siegel put out this big warning to employees (saying effectively) "Southwest is coming to PHL for one reason, to kill US" ?