Southwest Airlines To Begin Pittsburgh Service

noluv said:
to elp:

i would rather have the opportunity to sleep overnight in an airport with the option of flying a quality airline than board one of your swa flights.
[post="236585"][/post]​

Last time I checked this is still America. You are free to do what you like. Here in BWI we have a nice lounge area Near pier "C" with some nice comfortable seats for sleeping. Enjoy. :)

WNrforlife said:
Wooohooo!!! This will put the final nail in the coffin of USAir.

Did you see the pathetic attempt by Delta today to compete with us? What a joke. :p :down: :down:
[post="236062"][/post]​

As a 14+year WN employee; I can't understand your cheering! Ofcourse I want all of us to succeed here. Yet, I will never "cheer" about another Carriers employees losing their jobs! Why are You so excited? :huh:

firstamendment said:
And you are proud of this? Makes you feel warm inside? Go to hell!! This is worth a trip to the cornfield. People like you deserve to be in the next airplane crash. I can only hope. Don't worry, the self righteous moderators will yank this away but maybe you will catch it first, a##hole!!
[post="238240"][/post]​

firstamendment, I thought we've already gone over this with you on another thread, why are you going through this again?

Your post is as much out of line as that pinhead swa4life, or whatever his name is. If all the employees at U are like you then it is indeed a sad airline Im sorry to say.

SKY HIGH said:
balloonguy said:
Southwest flight attendants always have clean well maintained uniforms. US Airways are worn, wrinkled and filthy!!
BOTH AIRLINES have that 1 percent who dont care about their appearance.

NICE TRY, THOUGH, BALLONMAN.
[post="237074"][/post]​
Hey "SkyHigh". why don't you learn how to spell too? It might be "that 1% at SWA, but it's >50% at U. Horrible!!

noluv said:
a world renowned company, of which i am an employee, booked me on a southwest airlines flight. this flight departed from bwi and was 3+hours long. since swa does not offer first class, or for that matter envoy(business)class, i was forced to hear a screaming child/not to mention the flight attendant on the p/a, for the entire flight. on top of that, the father thought it was appropriate to yell louder than the child to repremand him. thank god for usairways, i wish them the best with their hardships. after the "head honchos" of my company heard of this ordeal, they will not EVER send employees flying on swa. these flight attendants deserve their wages, i feel sorry that they are the reason that standards in the airline industry have been lowered......just look at how they are dressed!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!
[post="236568"][/post]​
you sound just as spoiled as the screaming child

noluv said:
a world renowned company, of which i am an employee, booked me on a southwest airlines flight.
[post="236568"][/post]​

Sounds to me like you should be thankful that the world renowned company that you work for is keeping travel costs under control. However, I do have the solution for your problems - next time your world renowned company tries to book you on Southwest, simply tell them that you'd rather spend the night in an airport lobby than fly Southwest, and then pick up the phone and call your airline of choice and buy the ticket on your dime. That way, your world renowned company can still keep travel costs under control and you can enjoy all the benefits of that first class ticket that you, not your company, paid for.

to bwipilot...thanks for the input. i really appreciate it. i will keep that in mind if i ever fly swa again.

to balloonguy...the flight attendant uniform at southwest looks like a server uniform at a restaurant. it is especially stylish when the older ladies wear khaki shorts with white ankle socks and black flat dress shoes. wrinkled or not at least they look professional.

noluv said:
to balloonguy...the flight attendant uniform at southwest looks like a server uniform at a restaurant. it is especially stylish when the older ladies wear khaki shorts with white ankle socks and black flat dress shoes. wrinkled or not at least they look professional.
[post="239022"][/post]​

Yes...observing stylish attire on others is SO important when one flies...
<_<

(BTW--are you aware that your third sentence totally contradicts your second? Older female WN FAs look "professional", but not "stylish"? Huh?)

"This is worth a trip to the cornfield. People like you deserve to be in the next airplane crash. I can only hope."

Buddy, you need some serious help if you truly believe what you posted. If I heard words like that come out of anyone's mouth on a flight, you'd better believe that they'd be talking to Security as an in-flight threat by the end of the day. So some dip stick takes a cheap shot at your company? Get a grip!

:shock:

balloonguy said:
Hey "SkyHigh". why don't you learn how to spell too? It might be "that 1% at SWA, but it's >50% at U. Horrible!!

Sky High states: Talk about a "horrible" appearance. I passed a WN employee in LAX who had SEA SHELLS in her hair. Veryyyyy professional.

SKY HIGH said:
balloonguy said:

Sky High states: Talk about a "horrible" appearance. I passed a WN employee in LAX who had SEA SHELLS in her hair. Veryyyyy professional.
[post="239439"][/post]​

I dunno - I guess I'd rather have someone with sea shells in their hair treat me as though they valued my business, regardless of the fare that I paid, and regardless of whether I was wearing an Armani suit or a pair of Levi's than an employee in a nicely pressed navy blue uniform with perfect hair who treats me as less than desireable because I'm wearing Levi's instead of Armani, and assumes from my style of dress that I must be flying on one of those giveaway fares.

markkus757 said:
What's the gate situation in PHL? If WN gets another gate there, I'd add 3 PHL flights to my list

[post="237193"][/post]​

There was an article back in November that mentioned Southwest had accquired two more gates at PHL for a total of 6, although the two additional gates are not convenient to the orginal four they started out with.

Southwest adds gates at Philadelphia
November 6, 2004

Southwest Airlines said on Friday it has acquired two additional gates at Philadelphia Airport, which will help it expand at the first major city it added to its route map in several years and put a greater squeeze on struggling US Airways.

Low-fare carrier Southwest now has six gates at the airport, which is a major hub for US Airways. Last weekend, Southwest stepped up its operations in Philadelphia and now has 41 daily flights there.
Southwest spokesman Ed Stewart said the carrier has no flight plans at present to utilize the new gates. But Southwest Chief Executive Gary Kelly has said that expansion in Philadelphia was one of the main goals of the Dallas-based carrier.

"The gates will give us some breathing room because of overflow," Stewart said.

Southwest typically can operate about 10 flights a day at a gate.

"The two new gates are not convenient to the existing ones because they are in a different terminal, but they can be utilized while the company seeks to acquire more gates closer together," Helane Becker, an airline analyst at The Benchmark Company wrote in a research note.

Link to full story

Regarding PIT-PHL servie, a more recent article notes:

Southwest, the nation's largest low-fare carrier, did not say where it would fly from Pittsburgh. But Philadelphia is a likely destination - especially since US Airways now has a monopoly on nonstop flights between the cities and charges round-trip fares as high as $730.

the article later notes:

To expand significantly in Philadelphia, Southwest needs more than the six gates it now leases.

Philadelphia Inquirer

LoneStarMike

Thank You, I did recall the additional 2 gate deal, just wasn't sure if they were in the same Terminal or not.....thanks again!

KCFlyer said:
I dunno - I guess I'd rather have someone with sea shells in their hair treat me as though they valued my business

...........uhhh, YOU'RE "assuming" this person had work ethics. :blink:

Maybe if your employees would stop the U bashing on a SOUTHEST BOARD, people wouldnt feel the need to come over and DEFEND their company.
I regret that I bashed back but enough is enough.