Southwest Airlines To Begin Pittsburgh Service

Not surprising...I predicted this one about a year ago.

Ow! It's painful patting oneself on the back! :lol:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050105/daw025_1.html

DALLAS, Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- To celebrate the New Year, Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV - News) announces its newest city -- Pittsburgh! The low fare carrier will arrive in the Steel City in May 2005 to bring Allegheny County area residents its fabled low fare high quality Customer air service. Fares and flight schedules will be announced in early 2005.

"Pittsburgh is a great addition to our system -- this is a great community, a great airport, and a wonderful opportunity for Southwest," said Gary Kelly, Southwest's chief executive officer. "Southwest always strives to be the hometown carrier in each market we serve, and we are thrilled to call Pittsburgh our newest hometown."

This is good news for the airport authority. There was speculation that the USAirways pull out would have cause a municipal bond default. An 18 year lease!

PHL started in May '04, PIT to start in May '05...D'ya think Herb'll wait 'till May '06 to start up at CLT? I'll guess fall of this year!

WNforlife?

Why do you relish the problems others have. WN is a well run company that does what it does very well. It is by no means everything to everyone. There are room for other airlines to be successful as well. Thank heavens the WN employees I have encountered over the years are not like you.

WNrforlife said:
Wooohooo!!! This will put the final nail in the coffin of USAir.
[post="236062"][/post]​

Your schadenfreude is hardly necessary. Many people who deserve better will be out of work because of this. Show some respect. :down:

most regulars realize that the poster (above mweiss) is not now nor has he ever been affiliated with Southwest Airlines Co.

Southwest folks wish no ill will upon USAirways (heck, the two companies were the two co-launch customers for the -300) but it's sort of like....when the management of USAirways ties a steak around it's neck and places a ham on it's shoulder.....you have to assume the dog is gonna play.

a world renowned company, of which i am an employee, booked me on a southwest airlines flight. this flight departed from bwi and was 3+hours long. since swa does not offer first class, or for that matter envoy(business)class, i was forced to hear a screaming child/not to mention the flight attendant on the p/a, for the entire flight. on top of that, the father thought it was appropriate to yell louder than the child to repremand him. thank god for usairways, i wish them the best with their hardships. after the "head honchos" of my company heard of this ordeal, they will not EVER send employees flying on swa. these flight attendants deserve their wages, i feel sorry that they are the reason that standards in the airline industry have been lowered......just look at how they are dressed!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

Just be glad your world renowned company did not route you thru PHL on USAirways over the Christmas holidays. Be very very glad.

.....just look at how they are dressed!! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!

No First Class...No Business Class...Screaming babies...what would be the point of getting dressed up and looking all "professional" for that? Makes about as much sense as wearing your best suit out to mow the lawn.