Southwest Supports Afa Strike Position

sastal said:
Indeed, so they can take over our service to HKG, with their flying trashcans and beverage service. I would love to see a SW crew trying to work a 15-hour trip to Asia. For sure, the first few months would make for some great laughs. Queen cart, huh :blink: ?
[post="204316"][/post]​

I always though FAs covet the long haul routes - thats why you see only very high seniority FAs on the flights.

Segue said:
I always though FAs covet the long haul routes - thats why you see only very high seniority FAs on the flights.
[post="204331"][/post]​

Last time I checked, we had foreign bases in HKG, FRA, LHR, CDG, and NRT, all of which are quite young seniority wise. I don't think SW can even compare on that level. I started flying Brussels and Milan at two years. Moreover, anyone can pick up a trip overseas, if one so chooses. I guess that debunks your common misconception.

sastal said:
Indeed, so they can take over our service to HKG, with their flying trashcans and beverage service. I would love to see a SW crew trying to work a 15-hour trip to Asia. For sure, the first few months would make for some great laughs. Queen cart, huh :blink: ?
[post="204316"][/post]​

So you think that UniTED has better flight attendants than SWA HUH? You folks over there at UAL are SOOOOOOOOOO full of yourselves! I am sure the SWA FA'S could do just as good a job as UniTED flight attedants on a 15 HR trip. Bus thought that UniTED pilots are BETTER than the rest because you have a training center :p . BIG F^&KING DEAL, you guys shouldn't crap were you lay. You might be trying to interview at SWA one day when your looking for another job! Sastal, everybodys crap stinks, remember that!!! :up:

mrfish3726 said:
So you think that UniTED has better flight attendants than SWA HUH? You folks over there at UAL are SOOOOOOOOOO full of yourselves! I am sure the SWA FA'S could do just as good a job as UniTED flight attedants on a 15 HR trip. Bus thought that UniTED pilots are BETTER than the rest because you have a training center :p . BIG F^&KING DEAL, you guys shouldn't crap were you lay. You might be trying to interview at SWA one day when your looking for another job! Sastal, everybodys crap stinks, remember that!!! :up:
[post="204335"][/post]​

Do not misread my post, Fish. All I said was that I would get a few laughs watching SW short haulers trying to untangle a galley on a Narita flight. Naturally, everyone would get it after a while. Nonetheless, with all this talk about SW being so efficient, it is easy to forget that United is a much more complex airline. You can't deny that, once you start dealing on an international level, the whole chessboard changes --currencies, laws, paperwork, maintenance, catering, logistics, scheduling, and much more. As for my future employment, United will be my last airline, and I believe many of my fellow workers feel the same.

I am soooo sure the f/a's at SWA really care about the fate of AFA, APFA, or any other flight attendants, mustless support us. Yeah, supporting us sounds great on paper because if one or more carriers liquidate, the f/a's at SWA stand to gain alot in the area of senority as they will then expand and hire. Yeah, those LUV bugs are sitting around just crying in their drinks over the U,UAL, ATA, and Hawaiian f/a's. Give me a break. <_<

sastal said:
Last time I checked, we had foreign bases in HKG, FRA, LHR, CDG, and NRT, all of which are quite young seniority wise. I don't think SW can even compare on that level. I started flying Brussels and Milan at two years. Moreover, anyone can pick up a trip overseas, if one so chooses. I guess that debunks your common misconception.
[post="204334"][/post]​

How come the language qualification was such a big issue a few years back at UA?

My transpac flights on UA in the past were always served by old, bitter FAs who sat in the jumpseat and talked shop how they hated the company.

Segue said:
How come the language qualification was such a big issue a few years back at UA?

My transpac flights on UA in the past were always served by old, bitter FAs who sat in the jumpseat and talked shop how they hated the company.
[post="204492"][/post]​

All I can tell you comes from my experience at UA. Back when I started, new hires and people with six months were going to Hong Kong and Tokyo and flying back to the States. The same goes for Paris and Frankfurt. We even had Santiago and Taipei for a while. I don't doubt that the old mamas were there, but there were also many junior people, I included.