St Louis hub endangered

Status
Not open for further replies.
----------------
On 7/2/2003 12:20:05 PM MiAAmi wrote:

I''m not worried about AA being known as a great airline, more worried about being considered a profitable airline.

----------------​
No class! No class at all!!!

The exEastern people got together and formed Kiwi. Why they would name a airline after a bird that can not fly is beyond me. So instead of waiting for someone or something to fill the gap AA may or may not leave in STL. Form your own airline. AMR maybe in just a position to want to sell the name TWA to you.

A-TWA would not have had a positive cash flow, and that is coming from a native St. Louisan. Sorry, Karibou and other costs were killing them. Just wasn''t gonna happen.
B-STL was one of the only profitable things TWA had, along with a few of the routes from LAX.
C-I''m just fed up with AA, I want them to flat out leave. I''m tired of coming home everyday to see whats happened at STL now. Is it gonna be dismantled? Go all RJ? I don''t care and I just want them to leave, I think in the long run it will benefit STL. I want to see the fight over it truthfully, and if the speculation about US setting up shop here is true or not. FL and B6 has came to my mind as other likely candiates to start a decent sized operation.
Wouldn''t it be great for a startup carrier to come into STL and be named TWA??????? Just a thought...

Why am I sick? Because I speak the truth?

BUYING a bankrupt airline when the industry was already in a tailspin was the absolute worst decision to make. I am truly sorry if you are offended, MCI TRANSPLANT, but that's business. Who the hell cares about being a GREAT airline as long as you are PROFITABLE. AA spent millions upon millions building the RDU AND BNA hubs only to decimate them years later.

Welocome AABoard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am kind of interested in seeing how AA handles the mci afw situation. tulsa has nothing to worry about. now if AA is really closing a maintence base for money reasons, the afw goes. but if mci closes its because they just wanted to get rid of twa things. because from what i have heard was that afw cost any where fom 30 million to 60 million, sorry been hearing quite alot of numbers, and mci cost some where between 1 and 2 million annually.

----------------
On 7/2/2003 10:57:10 PM Hopeful wrote:

BUYING a bankrupt airline when the industry was already in a tailspin was the absolute worst decision to make. ----------------​

No, merely the second worst decision.
What everyone conveniently forgets is that the entire TWA debacle was, in no small part, a kneejerk reaction to an even stupider decision: UA's ultra-costly and ultimately futile attempt to swallow US.

Hindsight is always 20-20: It SEEMED like a brilliant stroke of one-upmanship at the time...

----------------
On 7/2/2003 2:29:02 PM buzzkill wrote:

----------------
On 7/2/2003 10:37:07 AM MCI transplant wrote:

At the time of the buy out, it was estamated that Uncle Carl was pulling aprox. $200 MIl.@ year, off our bottom line, from his Karabo operation. If it wasn''t for that fact alone, TWA would have had a positive cash flow!

----------------​

Even if your claim was true, can you really argue that TWA would have had positive cash flow post-9/11?

----------------​
With a government bail out, like the one A.A., and all the other majors got, maybe yes! Maybe no! We''ll never know,will we?????

----------------
On 7/2/2003 9:16:13 AM capeman wrote:

If it wasn''t working in BNA what makes one think it could work in STL.
----------------​

AA started a hub at BNA which was unsuccessful. TWA had a proven, working hub at STL.

MK

TWA HAD a successful hub in STL, yes they did. But you have to remember AA has hubs in ORD and DFW. With traffic down and the rest of the airline industry downturn reasons, STL may not just work into AA''s system.

----------------
On 7/2/2003 10:57:10 PM Hopeful wrote:

Why am I sick? Because I speak the truth?

BUYING a bankrupt airline when the industry was already in a tailspin was the absolute worst decision to make. I am truly sorry if you are offended, MCI TRANSPLANT, but that''s business. Who the hell cares about being a GREAT airline as long as you are PROFITABLE. AA spent millions upon millions building the RDU AND BNA hubs only to decimate them years later.

Welocome AABoard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------​
What did you say your name was? Could it be "Milken"? Next are you going to give us your "Greed is Good" speech? And again, just for the record, the TWA bankrupcy was a "condition of sale"! But this is old ground! We''ve been over this many times!

----------------
On 7/3/2003 7:53:15 AM kirkpatrick wrote:

AA started a hub at BNA which was unsuccessful. TWA had a proven, working hub at STL.

MK

----------------​

How many hubs did TWA have in the Midwest? AA already had two. It''s like comparing apples and oranges. I am not disagreeing with you on the fact that AA should never have been at BNA, but to buy one 222NM. from the last failure is insane. What made STL proven? The amount of people going through or was it proven to be profitable?

AS for the decision to buy TWA, the decision wasn''t ours!!! But now we, the ex-employees of TWA have been singled out to bear the burden for that decision! That''s what this is all about!!!!!!

MCI TRANSPLANT:

Where is the sympathy for all the mechanics hitting the street because TWA mechanics who were recalled last year have more "occupational time" than the original AAer? I don''t hear from any TWAer on that issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts