Steelers Logo Jet is Here !

Okay, I know the Panthers themed plane is coming next, but I have to say this again -- I really think US should paint a NASCAR plane (and christen it "The Spirit of Nascarlotte"). I do think the logo jets are a nice touch. Passengers from across the flying spectrum (leisure to business) really notice them. You should see the photo flash bulbs flashing at DCA's Gravelly Point when a US logo jet approaches.

Okay, I know the Panthers themed plane is coming next, but I have to say this again -- I really think US should paint a NASCAR plane (and christen it "The Spirit of Nascarlotte"). I do think the logo jets are a nice touch. Passengers from across the flying spectrum (leisure to business) really notice them. You should see the photo flash bulbs flashing at DCA's Gravelly Point when a US logo jet approaches.

I have told a few guys I fly with we should paint some PSA 700's in nascar colors.

I can hear it now on the ramp, "Bluestream 2341, pass the number 20 and follow the number 48 to the north hold line". "And no passing on the inside guys".

Best part is the teams would probably cough up at a good percentage for the advertisement.

I have told a few guys I fly with we should paint some PSA 700's in nascar colors.

I can hear it now on the ramp, "Bluestream 2341, pass the number 20 and follow the number 48 to the north hold line". "And no passing on the inside guys".

Best part is the teams would probably cough up at a good percentage for the advertisement.

Yeah, that's exactly what this airline needs to enhance it's image. Nothing say's white trash quite like nascar. :down:

NASCAR is second only to the NFL in TV ratings, and has more Fortune 500 sponsors than any other sport.

It may be white trash, but there is money to be made.

Sure sounds like a perfect fit for what this airline has become.

LGA777

Looks Great! Is there any plans on painting the old US Air planes too? The purple scheme and silver bullet? :up:

sky high states: <GASP!!!>..........purple?

.........that was THREE SHADES OF BURGUNDY--->

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1192...next_id=1177636

LOL, anyone remember the trash bag compartment, you needed a key for that. The soda bins--all the sodas were in black pull-out cages. The beverage cart had no brake. You flew this plane your first five years with the company, with layovers in SYR and BUF (Airways Hotel--best "wings" anywhere)............Awww, GOOD memories.

only stating opinions

sky high states: <southern accent> Who's your driver?
only stating opinions

I have tried, since living in the fine state of North Carolina, to get into NASCAR. Can't do it--I'm too buy monitoring the goings on from Steeler camp :).

That, and I was brought up at Watkins Glen, watching the F1 cars when they still did the US Grand Prix up there, so F1/Indy is more my speed when it comes to auto racing. That puts me in the definite minority south of the mason-dixon line....

I have tried, since living in the fine state of North Carolina, to get into NASCAR. Can't do it--I'm too buy monitoring the goings on from Steeler camp :).

That, and I was brought up at Watkins Glen, watching the F1 cars when they still did the US Grand Prix up there, so F1/Indy is more my speed when it comes to auto racing. That puts me in the definite minority south of the mason-dixon line....

The appeal of NASCAR is a bit of mystery to me as well; I wish there were more coverage of Formula One. That said, I still recall, with a bit of fondness, PI/US sponsorship of NASCAR.

Latest posts

Back