US 757 in New Colors Photo's

thank you. i was waiting for this .beautiful.

it's nice to see that they put the heritage logo beside the 2L door.

Beautiful. I knew it would look good on the 57s. Once 679AW enters service we should see if they decided to keep the all-leather interiors. Anybody have inside info on that?

Beautiful. I knew it would look good on the 57s. Once 679AW enters service we should see if they decided to keep the all-leather interiors. Anybody have inside info on that?

A/C 679aw is scheduled to be in phx wed the 14th per the aos rid its due out of paint at 0800, it will have the leather int because its the way all the awa orders are. all the a320 & 319 comming are awa orders. I'll take my camera to work tomarrow and take some pictures to post on here.

I got to ride on 109 last week. It looked good up close and personal. :up:
This paint job makes the 757 look so much better than the dark blue top.
Regarding the leather seats- it makes the inside of the plane look classy. I've seen a couple of the HP planes and they do look better than the cloth seats. I hope any replacement seats after any heavy work are replaced with leather. I know it will take a while to get them all done, but there must have been a reason to switch from cloth to leather in the first place or it wouldnt have happened on the current order.

Regarding the leather seats- it makes the inside of the plane look classy. I've seen a couple of the HP planes and they do look better than the cloth seats. I hope any replacement seats after any heavy work are replaced with leather. I know it will take a while to get them all done, but there must have been a reason to switch from cloth to leather in the first place or it wouldnt have happened on the current order.

Also got to ride 109 CLT-PHX. It was a beaut up close since I missed it on the "whistle-stop tour". :up: :up:

From what I understand, there was going to be a gradual conversion of cloth to leather on the entire HP fleet pre-merger. However, now that the fleet is so much larger I think that plan was scrapped, and the only planes to be all leather will be the new orders.

From what I understand, there was going to be a gradual conversion of cloth to leather on the entire HP fleet pre-merger. However, now that the fleet is so much larger I think that plan was scrapped, and the only planes to be all leather will be the new orders.

Thats a shame. Maybe if they can even sneak 1 or 2 refits in during maintenance, it would make a difference, but I understand the $ part of it and dont want to give more back just to get a leather seat under my tushie. :shock:

Thats a shame. Maybe if they can even sneak 1 or 2 refits in during maintenance, it would make a difference, but I understand the $ part of it and dont want to give more back just to get a leather seat under my tushie. :shock:

Not sure of the specific details but.....management does know that the cost of maintaining leather seats is less in the long run. Just my opinion but they may retrofit on a case by case basis. And yes, the new aircraft are coming with leather seats.........even though the new aircraft will not be as frequent as they have been.

I'm assuming the HP planes being repainted will look exactly the same with US Airways lettering but with an "Operated by America West Airways" logo next to the boarding door, right?

Also, are they painting on the Star Alliance logo? UA's planes all have clean logos, yet US's are all peeling off.

I'm assuming the HP planes being repainted will look exactly the same with US Airways lettering but with an "Operated by America West Airways" logo next to the boarding door, right?

Also, are they painting on the Star Alliance logo? UA's planes all have clean logos, yet US's are all peeling off.
Can you peel me... Thats just how we roll...

the logo's will be painted on. and the a/c will not say operated by america west. it'a an usairways a/c not an america west a/c.

I know people keep saying that, but I've personally seen lots and lots and lots of UA planes with the Star logo peeling off, just as it does with the US ones. It is a bit more prevalent with the US planes, but UA has the problem as well. Hopefully, they'll both paint them on in the future.

and the a/c will not say operated by america west. it'a an usairways a/c not an america west a/c.

Incorrect. The HP fleet will continue to display the modified Heritage Logo sticker to the right of the pax loading door stating, "This flight operated by America West Airlines" as they are repainted in the new livery. Until certificates are combined, that's the way Ma FAA says it has to be.