Strike Vote Passed...see Article

Some here do not seem to get it. NO ONE IN RES CARES ANYMORE!!!!!!! They have not one d#@n thing to lose. Heard from many today that a strike would be fun...a last hurrah! A last massive get together.

Seems the word is that the CWA said no to buyouts and furloughs and the agents are pissed! They want out and now! The CWA refuses to listen to the paying members. CWA - take the furloughs! Seems dues are their only concern. Maybe the next vote will be to oust the union since if management gets what they want there will be no need for a union any longer.

The next two weeks should be a wild ride!

Robc98 said:
11-10-2004

Negotiations continue this week; management’s bankruptcy motion to reject our contract may come as early as Monday...

CWA’ers and management met on Tuesday, November 9, and received management’s latest proposal; there was some movement, but still a very long way to go before it would be acceptable to the agents and reps.
[post="199619"][/post]​

There was some movement ......... thats the key here. Give them time to work on the language.

As of this last company poop-prosal I feel like throwing up. This place has me so depressed.

I just really don't care, and I loathe management so much. Im in my sixth year and this company does not care. Im a 12+ year airliner with ramp,gate, baggage, and res experience (not all at U) and it means nothing to them. They want to me to vote on a contract that affords me no furlough protections. Well, I know it was just a proposal but #### on me, I hope this place closes down. I need to call the EAS number.....this is all seriously depressing.....

Oneflyer,

As an AA employee, you are a sad example of how the other airlines view our situation here at US Airways. The other folks here need to read your words and heed them...including PitBull.

The other airlines want a labor action at US Airways so that we will shut down so that AMR, DAL, NWA, etc. will have less of a capacity problem.

What it is not about is saving the profession...unless you mean to ones over AMR.

What we do here is what will have inpact on your family and my family here at US Airways...think real hard about it.

Oneflyer said:
I hope they strike tomorrow. My guess is, if they do, U will immediately suspend operations and go Chap. 7. And nothing could be better for the other airlines.
[post="199627"][/post]​

Very interesting that they didnt say how many people voted...... Hmmm i wonder why?

firstamendment said:
>>>ATTENTION IGNORANT RICO<<<
>>>IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO FOLLOW<<<
>>>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION<<<
>>>COMMENT TO FOLLOW<<<

1 The CWA already knows that.
2 The judge already knows that.
3 Any union can take a strike vote any time they feel to show the company their
intentions if negotiations break down , whether in Chapter 11 or not.
4 We at US Airways are aware of what's going on.
5 ReRead 1-4 until YOU get it.

>>>THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION<<<

PS..Isn't there a Frontier board you can slim around on? :down: :down: :down:
[post="199648"][/post]​

Most of you are clueless! I dont give a big #### what union you are, Good Ole George W isn't going to let anyone strike within a company who has 800+ million dollars in tax payers money tied up until it is paid back. So go ahead and strike! You might as well just quit because the company would have to go CH7 to pay off the loan.

Jim, you said it, and far better than I.

For the ALPA bedwetters, read his post until you 'get' it.

Of course, I suspect you have all along, and merely want agents to be your cannon fodder.

News flash: Agents organized to bring that sort of nonsense to an end - it ain't 1992 anymore.

Rico said:
>>>ATTENTION IGNORANT PEOPLE<<<
>>>IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO FOLLOW<<<
>>>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION<<<

1. The CWA cannot strike unless the Judge throws out their contract
2. The Judge has not thrown out the CWA contract
3. The CWA cannot strike until the Judge throws out their contract
4. Reread numbers 1 through 3 above until you "get it".

>>>THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION<<<
[post="199642"][/post]​

Calling people "ignorant" is out of line. Show a little class, please. :down:

my hats off to a UNION with some backbone and i hope the company takes heed and changes its offer, the line has to be drawn somewhere and you brave folks have made your voice heard. but what really puzzle's me is how in all seriousness could the company expect almost half this work group to litteraly vote themselves out of a job and the other half take a 18% paycut while gutting their contract ? :huh: is it just me? perhaps im not seeing the "BIG PICTURE"

Rico said:
Why does everyone keep calling it a "Strike" Vote...?

It is a "Drive Business Away with Useless Gesture" Vote.
[post="199685"][/post]​

You mean drive business away like Mr. Bronner did when he said that if we go into bankruptcy again we'll more than likely liquidate. Or how about when he said (more or less) that the employees are overpaid and unproductive? He hasn't driven business away with his posturing, has he? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim,

I gain more respect for you every time I read your posts. You are one of the most intelligent posters on this forum and I take my hat off to anyone who can step outside of their own circumstances and be as sympathetic to ones plight as you are. You nailed it right on the head once again.

I wish the best to you and your family as I do everyone.

320, why do you continue to post false information?

Once a contract is abrogated you no longer have a collective bargaining agreement, you then become an employee at will with union representation.

Your work rules, pay and benefits are set by company policy, not a collective bargaining agreement.

You are free to use self-help, slavery is illegal in this country and the judge does not have the power to stop an employee at will from not going to work.

But you have been told this time and time again and you continue to post the same false facts all the time.

Give it a rest all ready.

Oneflyer said:
I hope they strike tomorrow. My guess is, if they do, U will immediately suspend operations and go Chap. 7. And nothing could be better for the other airlines.
[post="199627"][/post]​

Typical AA response <_<