Sunday night in CLT

Harry Callahan

Veteran
Sep 16, 2002
Your rearview mirror
Visit site
Sunday night many (I'm being nice) psgrs as well as luggage missed their connecting flights as well as local checked bags. When I left last night lines were longer than the eye could see outside baggage service office & the police had been called. Folks when will this end ?
The misery continues. Tempe wake up. It's NOT working. :down: :down:

Does this happen in ATL, DTW, or other hubs every so often? It seems to happen every Saturday and/or Sunday night in Charlotte. To me, this shows pure stupidity when you have a serious problem that you don't fix. How do you recover those folks goodwill? Some will forget over time but not all.

This past year has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion. One after another the cars start coming off the tracks. The engine keeps pulling forward for a while, but eventually it tips over too.

This past year has been like watching a train wreck in slow motion. One after another the cars start coming off the tracks. The engine keeps pulling forward for a while, but eventually it tips over too.

I agree. The outcome of many months of stupid decisions is going to be catastrophic. The new US Airways has shown the traveling public how to find a new airline to fly.

It's obvious this is totally acceptable to Tempe. It was acceptable to Crystal Palace and the trend continues. Nothing that we, as agents, can do to change the situation. As long as the profits roll in, nothing will change.

It's obvious this is totally acceptable to Tempe. It was acceptable to Crystal Palace and the trend continues. Nothing that we, as agents, can do to change the situation. As long as the profits roll in, nothing will change.

I think you're right.....Tempe thinks they are doing a good job because we've made some profits over the last few quarters.....but reality is gonna set in real quick at this rate and times are gonna get tough again! Hello? is anybody in there? :wacko:

When I left last night lines were longer than the eye could see outside baggage service office & the police had been called.

Oh boy... a rumble...! Fly into CLT and join the fight. Do they still sell beer that time of night?

Perhaps USAirways Vacations could get us some good deals.

was told by the ramp guys that planes maybe express had been pushed early to look good in PHL ( ok cool ) but the conecting baggage didnt make it,it was there to be put on but hey the plane was leaving....DUH..!! :down: :down: :down:

was told by the ramp guys that planes maybe express had been pushed early to look good in PHL ( ok cool ) but the conecting baggage didnt make it,it was there to be put on but hey the plane was leaving....DUH..!! :down: :down: :down:
People without bags just for personal standings

Where
I know that PSA management gets a bonus for on time performance, so pushing early would be more to line thier pockets than anything else. Hey there are a lot of ways this whole huge combined (mainline and way too many express) airline could be better. But until Parker etal begin to give a sh*t nothing will change. So when things fall apart around here I just figure that's how they must want thier airline to run... This reduces my stress level since I am learning not to care so much about Parkers airline. Wow this is just like working at Mesa.

Hey does anybody here remember when Mesa was forced to convert to FAR 121 back in 98 I think? That meant that releases would have to be printed for every flight etcc. Mesa did not have this ability so they bought the cheapest most pathetic dispatch software available. Then they hooked it up to Pacer and waited for the big day to start using it.
All the other express carriers that had to switch over spent at least a month each testing the ability to send releases but not Mesa. Oh no not Mesa when the big day came they just flipped the switch and WHAM!!!!! nothing happened not a single release could go through Pacer. All the morning originators had faxed releases so they got into the hubs. Then the Mesa planes sat. Mesa could not send a single release through Pacer. By 5pm US had enough and sent all the Mesa planes back to the out stations and gave up.

RF
Ahh yes that wonderful MESA feeling...

Just coming off a 9 day cruise on Sunday 3/11, with no news on how the cutover was going, get to MIA and find out my flight is 1 1/2 hours late to CLT (coming from CLT). They're blaming shares at the gate. Very little info in MIA, no info in flight.

Land in CLT, GA comes on and announces 2 cities where flights left, all others either delayed or held. Get off plane, GA was checking in customers, was rude to me when I interrupted to ask for a gate for PIT (blank on BP). Run from the end of B to C14 and damn near hyperventilating, only to meet another crabby GA that wouldn't even look at me when she said PIT left 30 minutes ago.

Stood in special services line, not even moving and was in the middle of the concourse aisle. Called the gold # and was told I was already reaccomodated on the 7:35 flt. I asked about FC (was on an award FC ticket), she said no FC and no credit as I was given a premium coach seat. I asked what seat and she said she didn't know. I go to the gate at 6:25, still nobody working there (nearby gates with flts at 7:40, 7:45 & 7:55 had 2 agents each). There were about 10 in line behind me so at 6:45 I went to the next gate to ask and got another crab GA who said she was busy (nobody was there).

Finally 2 agents show up, both as miserable as the others I talked to. I am the first in line and the guy tells me I am NOT confirmed and I'll have to go stand-by. Ten minutes later I found out the 3 people behind me that saw the other agent got BP's, no standby. I ended up getting a BP in 19B, crab #1 hands me the BP, I walk to crab #2 to board and she says I have to get back in the other line to get a paper ticket....I say she needs to talk to the guy 6 inches from her who just gave me the BP....then for the third time, they need to call over the 'superuser' to help them fix the problem. I got on the plane and the FA asked me what the hell was going on out there as nobody was getting on the plane.

At that point I just wanted to get home but the whole way drafting my letter to US. First I am appalled at how blatently miserable every agent in CLT I encountered was, and then the totally incorrect information we were given, and lies. I have always loved CLT, and had to recheck to make sure I wasn't really in PHL. The employees there in no way hid their feelings about shares and the fact that they were all pissed. Once again, great customer service....gotta love it!! :down: :down:

Just coming off a 9 day cruise on Sunday 3/11, with no news on how the cutover was going, get to MIA and find out my flight is 1 1/2 hours late to CLT (coming from CLT). They're blaming shares at the gate. Very little info in MIA, no info in flight.

Land in CLT, GA comes on and announces 2 cities where flights left, all others either delayed or held. Get off plane, GA was checking in customers, was rude to me when I interrupted to ask for a gate for PIT (blank on BP). Run from the end of B to C14 and damn near hyperventilating, only to meet another crabby GA that wouldn't even look at me when she said PIT left 30 minutes ago.

Stood in special services line, not even moving and was in the middle of the concourse aisle. Called the gold # and was told I was already reaccomodated on the 7:35 flt. I asked about FC (was on an award FC ticket), she said no FC and no credit as I was given a premium coach seat. I asked what seat and she said she didn't know. I go to the gate at 6:25, still nobody working there (nearby gates with flts at 7:40, 7:45 & 7:55 had 2 agents each). There were about 10 in line behind me so at 6:45 I went to the next gate to ask and got another crab GA who said she was busy (nobody was there).

Finally 2 agents show up, both as miserable as the others I talked to. I am the first in line and the guy tells me I am NOT confirmed and I'll have to go stand-by. Ten minutes later I found out the 3 people behind me that saw the other agent got BP's, no standby. I ended up getting a BP in 19B, crab #1 hands me the BP, I walk to crab #2 to board and she says I have to get back in the other line to get a paper ticket....I say she needs to talk to the guy 6 inches from her who just gave me the BP....then for the third time, they need to call over the 'superuser' to help them fix the problem. I got on the plane and the FA asked me what the hell was going on out there as nobody was getting on the plane.

At that point I just wanted to get home but the whole way drafting my letter to US. First I am appalled at how blatently miserable every agent in CLT I encountered was, and then the totally incorrect information we were given, and lies. I have always loved CLT, and had to recheck to make sure I wasn't really in PHL. The employees there in no way hid their feelings about shares and the fact that they were all pissed. Once again, great customer service....gotta love it!! :down: :down:

I am not going to make any excuses except to say that I'm sorry for what the sandcastle created for ANY customer or employee. Untill you've worked the front lines, you have NO IDEA what these people have been through.