Super Bowl Extra Sections.....?

AP Tech

Veteran
Sep 4, 2002
Now that the Steelers are headed to the Super Bowl, anybody think U management will have the foresight to add extra sections from PIT back and forth to DFW.....or will the people have to depend on AA?

Actually in the past almost 10 years US has upgraded flights and added extra sections during major sporting events, they have done it before for the Super Bowl, Daytona 500, Kentucky Derby and the Masters.

I can tell you that if the Jets won, we were going to run a few flights from EWR & JFK to DFW. So YES, my guess is that the Extra Flights were already in the works for PIT. Interesting Thing, they were going to be run by West Metal.

Delta added lots of extra flights for the BCS Bowl games; including nonstops from Eugene and Birmingham to PHX.

As did AirTran, they had a pretty big operation running over at West Cargo for a while, and not to mention all the charters out at International the day after the game. We even picked up some charter work of our own with that Direct Air 737.

Well, looks as if Delta is adding PIT-DFW for the Big Game.......

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/01/delta-pittsburgh-super-bowl-flights/139968/1?loc=interstitialskip

For the few of you who aren't just using this as another opportunity to beat a dead horse, yes, US is adding an extra-section for the Super Bowl. There will be a PIT-DFW flight on 4Feb and a return flight on 7Feb. From the looks of it, the northbound flight has already sold out.

Delta doing PIT-CDG and now catering to the Super Bowl what else will Delta one up US Airways in?

Well, looks as if Delta is adding PIT-DFW for the Big Game.......

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/post/2011/01/delta-pittsburgh-super-bowl-flights/139968/1?loc=interstitialskip

DL is only flying the PIT-CDG route as it is subsidized and they get guaranteed money and its only a 757 and I believe its not even everyday.

For the few of you who aren't just using this as another opportunity to beat a dead horse, yes, US is adding an extra-section for the Super Bowl. There will be a PIT-DFW flight on 4Feb and a return flight on 7Feb. From the looks of it, the northbound flight has already sold out.

Suprised that 50 seat RJ sold out already........ ;)

I guess you didn't even bother to look...

Sorry I was just kidding........

Just checked to see what they were getting for the direct flights, majority are sold out and the seats that are left are getting a pretty nice price...May be a little slow but it sure looks like the possiblity of some increased revenue to be had!!

Latest posts

Back