Suspension of Travel Privileges

Status
Not open for further replies.
:down: Don't blame the IT department for this one. They did a fine job making booking nonrev travel online. At least you don't have to call someone to book it.
I'll take exception to this one....

:down: The "vaunted" IT department didn't do anything but take the East ETC and adopt it to show HP flights. Even then, it took about a year before it would show the Mesa CRJ-900 flights in the east. Probably not a big problem for you out west, but a royal pain for those back east, who still had to call to book those flights.

:down: After over 16 months, the "vaunted" IT department still hasn't figured out how to allow "one stop shopping" for a mixed metal listing. Of course, that could simply be a revenue enhancement....

Jim

Could be employee was on a furlough basis--In place of US is the MI status.--
Just my 0.02

I'll take exception to this one....

:down: The "vaunted" IT department didn't do anything but take the East ETC and adopt it to show HP flights. Even then, it took about a year before it would show the Mesa CRJ-900 flights in the east. Probably not a big problem for you out west, but a royal pain for those back east, who still had to call to book those flights.

:down: After over 16 months, the "vaunted" IT department still hasn't figured out how to allow "one stop shopping" for a mixed metal listing. Of course, that could simply be a revenue enhancement....

Jim

Funny how IT "enhanced" the site so that we now have to call for ED20's. Also funny how nobody speaks english, so you cant book and ed 20.

Not to mention the "enhancements" made to the award winning USAirways.com, which rendered it virtually useless from a passenger point a view.

Keep those enhancements coming!!

An OJI can effect your pass priviledges. As I recall you were still able to travel online but not offline. It's probably different now.

Actually, the got back to me pretty quickly. Said to call tech support. Of course, tech support sent be back to the pass bureau - still waiting on that response.

Jim

Our IT department is a freakin joke! They cannot even make a employee intranet site that works with IE 7 or Firefox. IE 6 only. They all need canned!

Yes, I can say this, because before being an FA I was a help desk guy, a network administrator, a web administrator and then a director of technology for a fortune 1000 company. I have a BS in Computer Science and an MBA.

Websites are NOT rocket science and the piss poor examples of websites this company has is simply amazing. I have never seen a more UNTALENTED group of IT "professionals" in my LIFE!!! But then again you get what you pay for and we all know that US pay ranks at the BOTTOM unless of course your last name is Parker then you are the most highly compensated airline CEO in the country.

He has only posted it numerous times.

Anyone ever seen National Lampoon's Vacation?

Well take one look at the ETC. It will ask you for your travel ID number. If you put in the new number the east employees have recently received it responds invalid number. We still have to put in the OLD NUMBER for the thing to work. Yet another Fine IT job by Tempe. The Cheaper the Better. I think that should be the Airlines new motto.
It's somewhat reverse for us in the west. The ETC only works with the new number, and everything else uses our old alphanumeric number. Payroll, trip sign in, filling out any form requiring an id, benefits etc.

Inflight put out a memo to not use the new six digit number on liquor or headset forms. Apparently a few were doing so and it cant be tracked yet.

Welcome to HP

Status
Not open for further replies.