Predictions Are No Good

StraaightTaalk said:
Actually, not bitter at all. I could really care less what happens to US, except for the fact that you have set new lows for the industry, and you have made it harder for the remaining carriers to hold on to what we have.

I predict MAJOR battles ahead for you guys on the seniority front. If you believe that the HP people are just going to let the employees of a bankrupt carrier walk in and take what they have worked so hard for, and if you think that you are going to go in and dictate to HP how the new company is going to be run, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you (and maybe your brother, the successful real estate agent, can handle the transaction).
[post="272931"][/post]​

Actually, we'll be fine thanks for caring. :blink: Seems you should be concentrating on protecting what you have. Remember, what goes around comes around. As for setting new lows for the industry, you guys stapled the book together on that.

EyeInTheSky said:
Actually, we'll be fine thanks for caring. :blink: Seems you should be concentrating on protecting what you have. Remember, what goes around comes around. As for setting new lows for the industry, you guys stapled the book together on that.
[post="272936"][/post]​

Protecting what we have is made harder by the new lows US set.

No need to thank me for caring, because, simply, I don't. My empathies are for the HP people whose seniority you, as a group, are already, I am sure, trying to usurp.

StraaightTaalk said:
Protecting what we have is made harder by the new lows US set.

No need to thank me for caring, because, simply, I don't. My empathies are for the HP people whose seniority you, as a group, are already, I am sure, trying to usurp.
[post="272942"][/post]​

Empathy for the HP people that if you had merged with them would have been stapled to the bottom of the senority list? You've really been hitting the KoolAAide there in Dallas haven't you? :rolleyes:

EyeInTheSky said:
Empathy for the HP people that if you had merged with them would have been stapled to the bottom of the senority list? You've really been hitting the KooAAide there in Dallas haven't you? :rolleyes:
[post="272945"][/post]​
Which is EXACTLY what you would be doing to them if you had the chance.

The world is very different from the days when US took PS, PI, etc. Everybody is jockeying for position for the diminishing job opportunities at the legacies. Back when you took PS, PI, MO, etc., the airlines were expanding, hiring, and were not in BK. Now, everybody is playing a game of musical chairs, and nobody wants to be left standing when the music stops.

What will you do if there is a hard fence, and the combined management decides to pull down the flying done by the US side, to have it done by the HP side, resulting in your furlough (even though you have DOH)? Will you still think it is fair?

StraaightTaalk said:
Which is EXACTLY what you would be doing to them if you had the chance.

The world is very different from the days when US took PS, PI, etc. Everybody is jockeying for position for the diminishing job opportunities at the legacies. Back when you took PS, PI, MO, etc., the airlines were expanding, hiring, and were not in BK. Now, everybody is playing a game of musical chairs, and nobody wants to be left standing when the music stops.

What will you do if there is a hard fence, and the combined management decides to pull down the flying done by the US side, to have it done by the HP side, resulting in your furlough (even though you have DOH)? Will you still think it is fair?
[post="272948"][/post]​

Sorry not a KoolAAide drinker. When you signed up for your little airline job you knew there could be the possibility of furloughs, base changes, work rule changes, and so on and so on. Look at all the aviation road kill. You think this industry is stable? I really don't care what management decides, it's out of my control. You sign up for this job you better learn to roll with the punches. Haven't you heard the saying: "There are no guarantees in aviation." Now, I have to go have a life and play with the kids. I'll be bAAck lAAter.

If AA is in such horrible shape and knocking on bankruptcy's door, then how come we all just got contract raises at the beginning of the month, and $75 performance bonus checks this week?...

Why did you give concessions when you were not even in bankrupcty nor Section 6 negotiations?

700UW said:
Why did you give concessions when you were not even in bankrupcty nor Section 6 negotiations?
[post="272961"][/post]​

Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So that we did not have ONE judge like Wedoff determining our pay and benefits.
I voted against the concessions but it has turned out that I was wrong because we are fairing much better outside of C11BK than inside C11.We still have our defined benefit pension plan and a decent wage to boot.
Ask the AMT's at UAL if they like Mr.Wedoff determining their pay and benefits.

700UW said:
[post="272961"][/post]​

In addition to goingboeing's excellent reply, did you ever wonder where the money (hundreds of millions of dollars) comes from to pay the lawyers, accountants, investment bankers, consultants and other parasites feeding on the USAir and UAL carcasses?

Maybe some of that money (which is all paid off the top, first in priority) comes from the workers? Maybe AA's workers were convinced of this reality and chose to take their chances with the devil they knew (AA's management) rather than the devil they didn't know (bankruptcy court and unsecured creditors committee)??

Although plenty of AA's AMTs have been furloughed, its maintenance division is nowhere near as decimated as that at USAir or UAL.

In fact, AA is trying to bring in more maintenance from other airlines. Any of that going on at USAir or UAL?

Did you just prove Eye's point? I think you did.

No, nobody wants to lose their job, most especially those who have been working for their seniority for 20+ years, only to lose it to some HP worker who just got hired last June. So should it just be dumb luck that one guy happened to apply to America West last year because he happened to live in Phoenix, he should get to keep his job over a 25-year veteran of US simply because of that?

You have no idea what I'm talking about though, because you enjoy the view from the lower rafters right now. But put yourself in the other position and ask yourself honestly: what's fair? and what would you want done to you?

Former ModerAAtor said:
If AA is in such horrible shape and knocking on bankruptcy's door, then how come we all just got contract raises at the beginning of the month, and $75 performance bonus checks this week?...
[post="272959"][/post]​

Former ModerAAtor, if some proactive changes keeps AA out of the Chapter 11 sh*t hole more power to ya. Nothing wrong with that.

North by Northwest said:
"Or do you think employees at Northwest will voluntarily accept HUGE paycuts to keep Northwest out of bankrupcy ?" Suffice it to say we have been there and done that...out of bankruptcy.
[post="272367"][/post]​
You actually think Northwest's management is done ????

They're just warming up.

USAir757 said:
So should it just be dumb luck that one guy happened to apply to America West last year because he happened to live in Phoenix, he should get to keep his job over a 25-year veteran of US simply because of that?
[post="272981"][/post]​

Should it just be dumb luck that a guy who was hired at America West last week should lose his job to accomodate a 20 year veteran from a bankrupt airline that HIS airline bailed out?

KCFlyer said:
Should it just be dumb luck that a guy who was hired at America West last week should lose his job to accomodate a 20 year veteran from a bankrupt airline that HIS airline bailed out?
[post="273068"][/post]​

America West isn't bailing out anyone; investment groups are investing in the combined entities. KCFlyer, just stop throwing the flame bait out there, it's a waste of time.

EyeInTheSky said:
America West isn't bailing out anyone; investment groups are investing in the combined entities. KCFlyer, just stop throwing the flame bait out there, it's a waste of time.
[post="273073"][/post]​

I would submit that investment groups are investing based on what AWA is bringing to the table. Otherwise, why aren't the investment groups approaching US by itself? Because they know that it's only throwing good money after bad. Not trying to flame bait...but IMHO, AWA would be better off retracting the offer, letting US fail, and "cherry picking" what they want.