Predictions Are No Good

So these companies are buying all the shares of AWA and then will buy all the shares of U and create a combined corp.?

Is it really they are loaning the money to AWA to buy bankrupt U and combine it into AWA.

Well, sorta.....

They have agreed to an equity investment ($350 Million) - they'll be issued stock for their investment - in the "new" America West stock after U emerges from BK and the consolidation takes place - and yes, it'll be called America West.

Jim

Wasn't it "everybody make a prediction and the winner gets everyone elses cheese from years ago" or something like that? :lol:

Jim

KCFlyer said:
Everybody wants what is "fair", but if US had bought TWA, would you have happily integrated their more senior  employees into your workforce, even if it meant some of your own were displaced downward...or outward?
[post="272890"][/post]​

For the answer to that question, a good place to look would be...

USAir/PSA merger (DOH)

USAir/Piedmont merger ( DOH... including giving back DOH to employees that had been stapled into Piedmont)

US Airways/US Airways Shuttle (DOH going all the way back to Eastern, because that's what Donald Trump gave then when he bought the Shuttle).

So I guess that AAnswers the question. Now. AirCal, Reno Air, TWA?

Oh yeah, and whoever said the world was a different place when US bought these airlines? Well, it ended up getting some people furloughed temporarily. What else was going on around and shortly after that time? Oh yeah, Bush was in the White House fighting needless wars and oil prices were outrageous. Hmmm.

Obviously HP and US are doing something right if they have other airline employees so outrAAged, coming on here to spew thier bile. "Blah! Staple! Blah! You're going out of business! Blah! You're stupid! Blah!" :rolleyes:

Light Years said:
For the answer to that question, a good place to look would be...

USAir/PSA merger (DOH)

USAir/Piedmont merger ( DOH... including giving back DOH to employees that had been stapled into Piedmont)

US Airways/US Airways Shuttle (DOH going all the way back to Eastern, because that's what Donald Trump gave then when he bought the Shuttle).

[post="273163"][/post]​

Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't US the acquiring airline in those cases...Times DO change...the industry isn't growing as it was back then. A displaced employee these days may NEVER get back into this industry. I wouldn't get too comfortable with the 20 years of service you have, going to an airline that is barely 20 years old. You are in essence telling AWA employees "Thanks for buying us...now move over ...us senior employees are moving in". Do you think they'll gladly sacrifice their jobs so that you can keep yours? I think it's going to get rather ugly myself.

KCFlyer said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't US the acquiring airline in those cases...Times DO change...the industry isn't growing as it was back then. A displaced employee these days may NEVER get back into this industry. I wouldn't get too comfortable with the 20 years of service you have, going to an airline that is barely 20 years old. You are in essence telling AWA employees "Thanks for buying us...now move over ...us senior employees are moving in". Do you think they'll gladly sacrifice their jobs so that you can keep yours? I think it's going to get rather ugly myself.
[post="273174"][/post]​

Thats what conditions and restrictions are for.

Latest posts