SWA Flight instructors pass T/A

That is correct.  There are new groups rapped up now in the AMFA representation.  MC, maint. instructors, facility mechanics and I believe one other group were freshly added to the AMFA representation. But they are all being handled individually and different from the mechanics nego.
Pilots fire back up March 22nd.  Ironically so are we with dates set as 22nd-24th.  Not sure when the F/A's are meeting but I think I have been told or read sometime in the spring.  

U said MC is in AMFA there?  MC is maint control right? If so I am really surprised. At UAL maint control is a management job and rumored to pay like 120k a year before ot.  

At PMUS and when the new AA and the IAM/TWU Association negotiates and then the members ratify the AA side in maintenance control will be unionized as PMUS is and now the new AA will be too.

D7571987 said:
U said MC is in AMFA there?  MC is maint control right? If so I am really surprised. At UAL maint control is a management job and rumored to pay like 120k a year before ot.  
Yes.  MC was management. They were not happy (of course) about certain issues. And they reached out to AMFA and asked if they too could be represented by AMFA. Not sure what they make now (103K rings a bell) but they too are currently working on their pay scales and a new contract.  Maybe the differences in pay scales with other airlines along with work rules and job protections was the reasons. 

Well at UA the management including maint control actually get raises, unlike hourly so I would think the company doesnt have to worry about MC trying to unionize.