Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

Well, I guess you could say " It's NOT a very happy IBT day" today. I'm gonna predict there will be a couple more unhappy IBT days coming. The fraudulent card drive investigations at both AMR and Us Airways. If those prove true, good luck (IBT) ever having respect amongst the combined AMT group at the new AA.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, I guess you could say " It's NOT a very happy IBT day" today. I'm gonna predict there will be a couple more unhappy IBT days coming. The fraudulent card drive investigations at both AMR and Us Airways. If those prove true, good luck (IBT) ever having respect amongst the combined AMT group at the new AA.

I saw a few very smug people with the IAM today. After one of them said 'thanks for the help', I said I didn't want to vote for you, I had to. I had to make a choice. Either hit the deer, or hit the tree. Both outcomes are bad. I just chose the less bad.

I predict there will be a finding at AA for a fraudulent card drive by the IBT. And if and when we merge, I hope that the strong support for AMFA at AA will by echoed by my coworkers here, instead of the pathetic 8 votes they received. It's time for all AMT's to have their own representation.

Either way, there is no one in the IAM that should be smug and think their work is done. I have a feeling that if we merge, their work is just beginning.

No union can file for an election at US for two years, only the IAM or TWU or the alliance due to Single Carrier Status.

The work that needs to be done now, is healing and bring both sides back together for the common goal of getting the best CBA from US Airways in Section 6 negotiations.

Reactions: 2 people
It was a pretty big defeat. Not sure how the teamsters can rebound at amr.
One thing is sure, the ibt has to update the way it organizes and needs to stop talking about its pension if it wants to have any chance at all at amr. This deflated their amr campaign bigtime.

It was a pretty big defeat. Not sure how the teamsters can rebound at amr.
One thing is sure, the ibt has to update the way it organizes and needs to stop talking about its pension if it wants to have any chance at all at amr. This deflated their amr campaign bigtime.

AA has no pension as it stands, so the TWU will not be able run around and scare them like the IAM did at US Airways. Fear is a powerful thing!

Teamsters lost at USAir and surrendered at AA before they were going to be found guilty of forgery. Teamsters, TWO TIME losers. Three years of negotiations at UAL/CAL and yet no agreement in place. Sounds like we can add a THIRD loser to the list. I hope that all the Teamsters supporters can now see through the lies and deceits that the Teamsters have been pushing. After all this I hope we can keep the Teamsters away from the M&R group and focus on proper representation for our craft.

Teamsters filed 2800 cards and only 1418 voted for them. I can not see approx. 1400 guys changing their minds after signing a Teamsters card. One wonders if forgery was also committed during the card drive at USAir.

Teamsters lost at USAir and surrendered at AA before they were going to be found guilty of forgery. Teamsters, TWO TIME losers. Three years of negotiations at UAL/CAL and yet no agreement in place. Sounds like we can add a THIRD loser to the list. I hope that all the Teamsters supporters can now see through the lies and deceits that the Teamsters have been pushing. After all this I hope we can keep the Teamsters away from the M&R group and focus on proper representation for our craft.

Teamsters filed 2800 cards and only 1418 voted for them. I can not see approx. 1400 guys changing their minds after signing a Teamsters card. One wonders if forgery was also committed during the card drive at USAir.
I still say the NMB needs to fulfill the investigation of the forgery and fraud done by the teamsters and dole out any and all punishments due. And yes, there were some individuals at US that have said they too are thinking the forgery and fraudulent card collections trickled in over at US. Too much of a coincidence that over at AA the forgeries were guessed at what, 1400-1600. US get's 2800 cards, with only 1400 voting for the teamsters. I too was thinking about 1400 forged. All I can say is I hope this fiasco at AA and US with what the ibt has done has opened a lot of eyes. Hopefully you guys can get AMFA in over at AA, so the new merged airline, (if merged) will give the US guys a shot at being represented by AMFA too. Good luck!!!

I really believe those numbers, many signed IBT cards to attempt to get the IAM off their dead A**!! Hopefully things will change but me personally have my doubts!! Many of the younger guys in my station are already questioning why they have not seen anybody from the IAM since the election....up to the election they were there almost every day.....time will tell!!!

I really believe those numbers, many signed IBT cards to attempt to get the IAM off their dead A**!! Hopefully things will change but me personally have my doubts!! Many of the younger guys in my station are already questioning why they have not seen anybody from the IAM since the election....up to the election they were there almost every day.....time will tell!!!

Good luck with that theory, I don't think the IAM will change for the long term and maybe not even the short term.

The Transportation Conference was this week, that is why they werent seen.

Living it up at the Paris Las Vegas on the membership dime.

http://www.vegasmean...ference/132108/

http://www.goiam.org...tion-conference

Honestly I'm surprised they picked such a relatively modest venue compared to other options in Vegas nowadays. To their credit at least they selected a union property, as other labor groups have held meetings at both unorganized properties and union properties amid disputes.

They must have had a separate venue for Buffy, Roach, Sito, AGCs, etc. Not uncommon in my industry for senior managing directors to stay in different hotels than analysts, similarly a hierarchy exists in organized labor.

Did Buffy and Sito enjoy their ride on the Lear? Of course it wouldn't have been viable for them to fly to LAS from BWI, DCA, or IAD on an airline like UA, US or WN where their members are employed.

Usually these conventions are just an excuse to wine and dine the leadership and reward meager performance (see contract negotiations).

Didn't you say you attended the Grand Lodge Convention before?

Josh

Latest posts