Teamsters filed at USAir for representation

That's easy. Their pensions, teamsters need a saving grace for the underfunded pensions that rae going by the waste side. The teamsters promise the world and never come thru, they just say whatever they can to get mechanics to vote them in. Plus, from first hand experience, the iby/teamsters are worse than all the other industrial unions put together. Yes the teamsters are at the bottom of the barrel of all industrial unions out there, period. They are also the most corrupt industrial union out there, with, to this day still having ties to the mob, and all kinds of illegal activities. Plus your most important work group (mechanics) will be WAY out numbered by other work groups, and they WILL NOT focus on the real issues facing the mechanic group as a whole, they will focus on the largest work group, rampers, cleaners, stores, cust serv, etc... Travis you can say my postings are BS all you want, but you can never disprove them as they all are factual postings or I will correct myself when I am wrong. YOU on the other hand continue to post either the same lies or twist and turn to some how reflect a post to your advantage. No one else has to do that, just a couple or three of you guys that have to lie, cheat and steal to TRY and get followers to join your crusades. In 25 hours we will see what the membership of US mechanics really want. I will not down talk any ones personal choice of representation, but came on here to try and correct the lies and untruths about AMFA, SWA and or the representation of the teamsters while they were here. I can only hope you guys at US have enough info to make the correct decision, Keep the IAM and look at another possible change after the merger.
You and your BS on the IBT pension.The WCT is in the GREEN and many others you only pick one that fits your post for bashing the IBT.
http://www.teamster....ent/our-pension

The IBT has 100's of pension plans and of course non supporters will pick what ever plan works for smear post at the time and spin away as 700 and AFLCIO are doing. The IBT has the WCTP that was used in the campagn no other plan was used and as said WE PICK THE PLAN. You Have CHOICES...401k's and so on.
The WCTP IS IN THE GREEN, UPS IS IN THIS PLAN. JUST READ THE FACTS ON WHAT THE IBT SAID ON THE PLAN THEY CAN OFFER YOU.

SEE LINK 1 FOR WCTP IN GREEN.
SEE LINK 2 FOR INFO. ON PLANS.
The IBT CAN NOT TAKE YOUR PENSION! SEE LINK 3.

http://www.wctpensio...tatus_2012.html

http://www.teamster....ent/our-pension

http://www.teamster....nsion-teamsters

VOTE IBT IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Majority of the IBT pensions are in the red.

Cant say that about the IAMNPF!

And speaking of pensions, how come the ibt promised the PMUA mechanics a pension and they still dont have one?

Why did UPS pay $6.1 billion to get out of the Central States Plan?

Reactions: 1 person
Try again. The union did not pick Canada, the company did, after looking at many others. Canada was the first "out of USA" country that SWA picked to have maint done. It is directly due to the teamsters weak contract language that allowed the company to do so and without ANY restrictions what-so-ever, unlimited. Then the company still saw the teamsters doing nothing about it and took another stab at outsourcing out of the USA, again under the original teamsters language, as even after the Canada outsourcing the teamsters never tried to nego better language so the company took full advantage prior to upcoming sec 6 nego's. Only after AMFA arrived did the weak teamsters language get re-nego to restrict the company from outsourcing out of the USA. So pls, since you know everything that happens at SWA, where did I lie? I told you I would correct my statement if the teamsters were not the very first airline union that allowed a company to outsource out of USA. Still haven't found any difference in my original statement.

Herb Kelleher gave the SWA AMT’s the Golden Carrot with Good Benefits so he could run Southwest Airlines as he had set up his business plan and that plan had outsourcing in it.

The IBT gave the members what Herb offered at the negations table, YOU the Members VOTED it in.
It would have been hard for any AMT to turn that Pay Rate and Benefits down as SWA AMT’s would be making more money than any of the major airlines at that time.
To blame the IBT for the outsourcing is BS swamt if the IBT had told Herb no way and came back with lower pay rate and no outsourcing and the AMT’s found out they turned it down; well someone would have got hung for sure and the IBT would have been out for a fact then.
You guys kicked them out because they jumped the dues up to 2.5 after you guys told them if they did you would do it and you did and you went AMFA and you still only have 2.5 mechanics per aircraft after all this time.
Now the .5 in dues has come back to haunt you as it is used to run Campaigns and Strike Funds for the 1.4 million Teamsters Brothers and amfa has to ask members for money just to put a billboard up for a campaign.

Have A Nice IBT Day.
Wow Travis you are getting desperate at the final hours. I will address your post line by line:
Never have I ever said that outsourcing wasn't the plan from the get go. What I am talking about is outsourcing "OUT OF THE USA" To foreign countries, which SHOULD be against all American workers priorities, much less the unions that represent the American workers.
The "ONLY" reason SWA mechanics were able to receive this large increase is directly tied to the NWA contract reached just months prior nego by AMFA. SWA's nego cmte used the new NWA contract new rates as the new comparo. The teamsters were threatened by the membership if they do not get us at or above the AMFA/NWA contract they will be fired. The rest is history.
I will say that yes, SWA basically bought the memberships vote to outsource out of the country, however, they would have not been able to even outsource out of the country if the teamsters would have had the language in the contract to prevent it. Plain and simple the teamsters outsourcing language sucked, and has sucked the entire time they have been at SWA for well over 25 years.
You already know that the reasons (notice plural) the teamsters were fired are many. The final nail in their coffin was the dues they raised without a membership vote, but of course it was not the only, nope, far from it.
BTW: AMFA has brought in more maint and work in house in the short time they have been here, than the teamsters did in 2 1/2 decades. AMFA has doubled our meavy maint., brought in more "C" checks, mods and intermediate maint as well. AMFA has also doubled the number of mechanic heads since we fired the teamsters. Again Travis, none of us care about how many mechanics we have per A/C as long as they never fall below the contract limits. Yea, we all know the other majors all have what 5-12 mechs per A/C? Whatever it is, they all go thru the lay-offs and rifs and relocation every few years. No thanks, I'll take the job security with the lower head count per A/C...

Reactions: 1 person
thats a good one chief. the last thing i would do is sign a ibt card so they can get my pension.
Let's not forget the promise/guarantee of industry leading contract pay and bennies if you guys vote them in. What a liar, just ask the UAL boys where their industry leading contract is.

Reactions: 2 people
swamt what kind of maintaince did or does canada do for swa and where in canada do they dothe swa planes at
Not sure 100% but I believe the maint that was performed in Canada was full "D" checks and above. And I am not sure if SWA is even using Canada's facilities anymore. I believe the Canada maint came back to US for some reason, then the co wasn't happy at all with the new vendor in the US so they then decided to go to Elsolvador. Not sure of the exact movements but that is as I remember them. I do not remember the name of the Canadian facility, sorry. If I get it I will let you know.

Latest posts