Teamsters In-house Tactics and Raiding American Airlines and other news etc

Signed an AMFA card pre 9/11, signed and AMP card 2011, signed another AMFA card 2012 and now a TEAMSTERS. Waited on AMP/AMFA for a card count and never heard anything. So now I'll take my chances with the TEAMSTERS and see if things move faster. Lets get this ball rolling.

Just keep an AMFA card current within the last 12 months.

The Line AMT's will never sign the Teamsters cards and without them, there will never be a filing.

I know AMFA will file once the correct number of signed is reached. I suspect the Teamsters will never file against the alliance partner. They are only here to attempt dilution of support for AMFA.

The Line AMT's will never sign the Teamsters cards and without them, there will never be a filing.

I know AMFA will file once the correct number of signed is reached. I suspect the Teamsters will never file against the alliance partner. They are only here to attempt dilution of support for AMFA.

Not so sure about that statement.

This link was just sent to me. Since it made it's way here to UAL, you all may have already seen it.

http://www.teamster.org/aamx

Looks like you have a campaign on your hands. Have you heard or seen any statements from the TWU?

http://www.teamster....AAMech62612.pdf

To the Mechanics and Related of American Airlines
I am writing you today to address the many rumors and speculation both on the floor and internet in recent days as to whether or not the International Brotherhood of Teamsters is conducting an organizing campaign for the mechanic and related class and craft at AA.
Let me set the record straight for those who have any questions or doubts. We are running an organizing campaign and we intend to win the campaign. It is our goal to provide you with an outstanding level of representation.
I want to be clear about a few things from the outset. We want and look forward to be your representative at the bargaining table and your voice in the industry. We welcome you and invite you to become part of a voice of over 30,000 mechanics and over 80,000 Airline Division members; men and women who stand as a force within our industry – and who are backed by over 1.4 million Teamsters across our great nation. Together, we will be a force whose voice and presence will be felt at your bargaining table, across the industry and in the halls of Congress and the FAA.
Our organizing office in Tulsa is up and running and we have already had our first round of informational meetings there. We have organizers in Tulsa and on the West Coast that will be coming to the remaining hub cities shortly to meet with you personally.
To keep you informed of your progress, we have set up an AA mechanic web page at: www.teamster.org/aamx as well as a texting tree to get you real‐time updates. To sign up for alerts, just text AAMECH to 64336.
The outpouring of support and your positive response has been overwhelming. I look forward to winning this campaign with you and having the honor of representing your future needs.
Sincerely,
David P. Bourne, Director
Teamsters Airline Division

Haven't seen any Teamsters propaganda floating around DFW. If I ever do, it will be used on the bottom of my birds cage.

Reactions: 3 people
Looks like you have a campaign on your hands. Have you heard or seen any statements from the TWU?

Yes I found this statement from TWU's James C. Little. He appears to be talking about the Teamsters just being another TWU, that represents more baggage handlers than mechanics. Why trade the Bus Drivers Union for the Truck Drivers Union? The only MECHANICS UNION is AMFA!

Little_Teamsters.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Yes I found this statement from TWU's James C. Little. He appears to be talking about the Teamsters just being another TWU, that represents more baggage handlers than mechanics. Why trade the Bus Drivers Union for the Truck Drivers Union? The only MECHANICS UNION is AMFA!

Little_Teamsters.jpg

Was that just me or did anyone else hear a pin drop!!!!

Little_Teamsters.jpg

Hey TWU/IBT boys I will give you credit for being well trained, one of the first things they teach you in the political arena is if you do not have a answer act like it does not exist.

Reactions: 2 people
Does anyone, besides myself, feel this may be a ploy to split the AMFA/AMP vote?
I said that from the start - why are our "friends" at the twu not saying a word about the cards being collected? ... because they have a deal with the ibt - they either "won't have enough cards to file" or will refuse to file when it's all said and swung.

The twu certainly won't allow $400k in dues to go away willingly. Then again, Hoffa could have lied to them re: the ibt intent and the twu, in the grand scope of things, just isn't as large.

I'll be surprised if the ibt files but I'd also be surprised if they filed and won.

Latest posts