Teamsters Pension Fund in"RED ZONE" - They need your AA AMT Money!

Your welcome .... Anytime glad I could help, maybe they will get enough cards now with my help, they need all the help they can get, 25+ years trying & nothing yet.

As long as we mechanics do not fall for the Teamsters schpiel.

The Teamsters are in cahoots with the TWU...DON'T FALL FOR IT!

As long as we mechanics do not fall for the Teamsters schpiel.

The Teamsters are in cahoots with the TWU...DON'T FALL FOR IT!

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but not buying it, were in the middle of Unions wars where there all fighting each other for new Members.

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy but not buying it, were in the middle of Unions wars where there all fighting each other for new Members.

This is no War, not even close.

And I am not in this for new members.

And it is no conspiracy that TWU and ibt are in an alliance here. Each of them has admitted that.

Once again, please speak for yoruself, and yourself only.

The masses could care less what any individual thinks, personal opinions expressed on this board won't have any effect on any card drive, this board is a good place to get information about particular organizations that could be useful but the masses couldn't careless about the personal views of Individuals they don't even know ..... that's just common sense, there are probably 60 people tops that know who I am at the base because I might have worked with them before the other 13,000 people don't have a clue or could careless about who I am ..... LOL
I rarely meet anyone who knows you either Dave.

Stop making this personal it's business.

The masses could care less what any individual thinks, personal opinions expressed on this board won't have any effect on any card drive, this board is a good place to get information about particular organizations that could be useful but the masses couldn't careless about the personal views of Individuals they don't even know ..... that's just common sense, there are probably 60 people tops that know who I am at the base because I might have worked with them before the other 13,000 people don't have a clue or could careless about who I am ..... LOL
I rarely meet anyone who knows you either Dave.

Stop making this personal it's business.

Ok, but are you not the one that publicly stated that you were anti-union?
Are you not the one that stated you were in this for yourself?
Are you not the one that has implied others are cowards because they were not on the corner with you and Tom?

SO tell me, since that answer to those questions are all YES.

It appears to me that you make it personal and all about you. And then when I point out those facts, you tell me to not make this personal, but you already have done so.

Who has made this personal?

I can back go back to every post you have made that proves you are the one that made this personal by copying and pasting your own postings here.

Is that is what you require to understand who has made this personal?

Ok, but are you not the one that publicly stated that you were anti-union?
Are you not the one that stated you were in this for yourself?
Are you not the one that has implied others are cowards because they were not on the corner with you and Tom?

SO tell me, since that answer to those questions are all YES.

It appears to me that you make it personal and all about you. And then when I point out those facts, you tell me to not make this personal, but you already have done so.

Who has made this personal?

I can back go back to every post you have made that proves you are the one that made this personal by copying and pasting your own postings here.

Is that is what you require to understand who has made this personal?

Dave I'm expressing my opinions about issues not attacking INDIVIDUALS because I don't agree with their opinion that is what makes something personal, we agree that we don't like each other or each other's views if you have a problem with me personally then ignor my post's, I ignor your post's unless your quoting me, I don't care what you think & you shouldn't care what I think if you don't like me as a person, neither AMFA, Teamsters, TWU or the contract is about me & you so don't make it personal by attacking me, I don't attack you as a person so don't do it to me, if you have personal issues with me as a person then we can get together & talk about it to resolve them, a bulletin board it NOT the place for two people to deal with personal issues ..... surely you get that.

If you have a problem with a particular viewpoint then that's fine but the person expressing the view is irrellavant, that person is one out of thousands & therefor makes no difference in the cosmic scheme of things.

Why do you care what I think so much ??

Dave I'm expressing my opinions about issues not attacking INDIVIDUALS because I don't agree with their opinion that is what makes something personal, we agree that we don't like each other or each other's views if you have a problem with me personally then ignor my post's, I ignor your post's unless your quoting me, I don't care what you think & you shouldn't care what I think if you don't like me as a person, neither AMFA, Teamsters, TWU or the contract is about me & you so don't make it personal by attacking me, I don't attack you as a person so don't do it to me, if you have personal issues with me as a person then we can get together & talk about it to resolve them, a bulletin board it NOT the place for two people to deal with personal issues ..... surely you get that.

If you have a problem with a particular viewpoint then that's fine but the person expressing the view is irrellavant, that person is one out of thousands & therefor makes no difference in the cosmic scheme of things.

Why do you care what I think so much ??

If you don't care what I think then stop complaining like a child about what I post.
Is that so friggin hard for you?

If you don't care what I think then stop complaining like a child about what I post.
Is that so friggin hard for you?

I'm not complaining about your views just don't personally attack me as an Individual because you don't like my views., stop quoting me & then attacking, when I discuss these issues with others they don't make it personal about me nor do I make it personal about them we discuss the Issue & leave each other out of it, you make everything personal about the individual instead of the Issues.

Getting back to the title of this thread:

I will say for the entire time the teamsters were here at SWA (during my time of well over 10 years) they never once announced a positive cash or ballance in the locals funds and or accounts. It was always in the negative (red-zone)
while being the representive union at SWA.

I would like to add. I would never allow a union to manage my pension, any union, period. Including AMFA. You guys need to read what will happen to said pension funds should you change unions. Is there a buy-out program? Can you transfer your funds immediately following a represenative change in unions? Could the teamster even afford a change in unions to relocate all the members funds just at UPS? The amswer to all these questions is NO!
This is one of the main reasons you will not see the UPS guys change unions, they really have "no choice" seeing what could and more than likely will hapen their pensions and retirement funds if they did change union representation. And YES a pension has to be agreed upon by a company as well as voted in, even if it is controled by the union. If the teamsters promiced you guys at UAL the pension plan, you all were completely mis-lead from the getgo. The airline industry that does have the teamster controled pensions and retirement funds are mainly funding all the truckers pensions and retirement (which, BTW, is better than the airline mechs funds) so, YES, the teamsters need the AA mechanics union dues to help with such funds, which is also why they went after UAL as well.

The only reason the teamsters are trying to help the TWU is because there is an AMFA drive at AA. Both the teamsters and the TWU are scared to death what might take place once AMFA gets AA. It will in fact start a trickle effect in the airline industry. Especially if AMFA National will get aff their asses and get more involved with AA and UAL to get them on board, it would more than pay for itself back for their troubles. Good luck to you all!!!

I will say for the entire time the teamsters were here at SWA (during my time of well over 10 years) they never once announced a positive cash or ballance in the locals funds and or accounts. It was always in the negative (red-zone)

I would like to add. I would never allow a union to manage my pension, any union, period. Including AMFA. You guys need to read what will happen to said pension funds should you change unions. Is there a buy-out program? Can you transfer your funds immediately following a represenative change in unions? Could the teamster even afford a change in unions to relocate all the members funds just at UPS? The amswer to all these questions is NO!
This is one of the main reasons you will not see the UPS guys change unions, they really have "no choice" seeing what could and more than likely will hapen their pensions and retirement funds if they did change union representation. And YES a pension has to be agreed upon by a company as well as voted in, even if it is controled by the union. If the teamsters promiced you guys at UAL the pension plan, you all were completely mis-lead from the getgo. The airline industry that does have the teamster controled pensions and retirement funds are mainly funding all the truckers pensions and retirement (which, BTW, is better than the airline mechs funds) so, YES, the teamsters need the AA mechanics union dues to help with such funds, which is also why they went after UAL as well.

The only reason the teamsters are trying to help the TWU is because there is an AMFA drive at AA. Both the teamsters and the TWU are scared to death what might take place once AMFA gets AA. It will in fact start a trickle effect in the airline industry. Especially if AMFA National will get aff their asses and get more involved with AA and UAL to get them on board, it would more than pay for itself back for their troubles. Good luck to you all!!!

Thanks for getting back to the Issues, it's nice discussing Issues instead of people.

Sure would be nice to get AMFA at most of the major airlines. I think it will be a domino effect if AA mechanics sign on.

Good post.

And this is one of the main reasons why if there is a merger, the M&R at AA could possibly be represented by IAM with their very own pension plan. Here's why.

Years back, after our pensions were terminated in 2005, the company used to put 50.00 per week into our 401K plan. The IAM wanted that money, and they wanted it to go into their very own pension plan. Most of the guys on the shop floor didn't want anything to do with the IAM or their pension plan and resisted for years. Well, we finally lost and the IAM had their pension plan written in with the Transition Agreement between the America West M&R and USAirways M&R. This was in 2008.

Now we are coming up on our 5 years vestment in the IAM plan. Although it's not worth that much, it's something and very few here would give that up to start over with another union or pension plan.

When we first got into the plan, we found they lied to us and their plan was in fact in "Endangered Status", but the WRER Act of 2008, allowed them to use previous years numbers to make it seem like the plan was funded. This kept the IAM pension plan from going to the PBGC where it would be worth only $.35 on the dollar.

So the Teamster plan is not the only plan that's underfunded. The IAM needs your money too !! Watch out.

Good post.

And this is one of the main reasons why if there is a merger, the M&R at AA could possibly be represented by IAM with their very own pension plan. Here's why.

Years back, after our pensions were terminated in 2005, the company used to put 50.00 per week into our 401K plan. The IAM wanted that money, and they wanted it to go into their very own pension plan. Most of the guys on the shop floor didn't want anything to do with the IAM or their pension plan and resisted for years. Well, we finally lost and the IAM had their pension plan written in with the Transition Agreement between the America West M&R and USAirways M&R. This was in 2008.

Now we are coming up on our 5 years vestment in the IAM plan. Although it's not worth that much, it's something and very few here would give that up to start over with another union or pension plan.

When we first got into the plan, we found they lied to us and their plan was in fact in "Endangered Status", but the WRER Act of 2008, allowed them to use previous years numbers to make it seem like the plan was funded. This kept the IAM pension plan from going to the PBGC where it would be worth only $.35 on the dollar.

So the Teamster plan is not the only plan that's underfunded. The IAM needs your money too !! Watch out.

I'll take the IAM Pension plan, sounds like a viable option to me.
thanks for the Info.

Latest posts

Back