Teddy Blasts Management

I'm not a lawyer but number 2&3 appear to give the board and the judge control over the terms of profit sharing plan.

The Company will offer the following profit sharing program for flight attendants, subject to the following conditions:

1. AFA’s agreement to eliminate the current profit sharing provisions of the Agreement;

2. Approval by the US Airways Group, Inc. Board of Directors; and

3. If the Company is under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection during the duration of this Agreement, subject to approval as part of the Company’s confirmed plan of reorganization in such Chapter 11 case.

a) Company profit sharing pool to be established at 10% of the pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices) for pre-tax margins ranging from 0.1% to 5.0%; and at the above, plus 25% of any pre-tax profit excluding unusual items (as reported, according to GAAP accounting practices) in excess of a pre-tax margin of 5.0%.

B) AFA’s portion of Company profit-sharing pool will be no less than 14.5%.

c) An individual flight attendant’s profit sharing payment will be based on such flight attendant’s gross W-2 earnings (prior to any elective deferrals) for the prior calendar year divided by the gross W-2 earnings (prior to any elective deferrals) of all eligible flight attendants for the prior calendar year. “Eligible flight attendantsâ€￾ may include retired or furloughed flight attendants who had gross W-2 earnings (prior to any elective deferrals) for the prior calendar year, subject to applicable law.

us10 said:
I'm not a lawyer but number 2&3 appear to give the board and the judge control over the terms of profit sharing plan.
[post="279097"][/post]​

The Company will offer the following profit sharing program for flight attendants, subject to the following conditions:

1. AFA’s agreement to eliminate the current profit sharing provisions of the Agreement;

2. Approval by the US Airways Group, Inc. Board of Directors; and

3. If the Company is under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection during the duration of this Agreement, subject to approval as part of the Company’s confirmed plan of reorganization in such Chapter 11 case.
-----

I'm not a lawyer either, but....

#2 seems to cover initial Board approval of the agreement with the revisions to the AFA agreement, not a later Board change of heart.

#3 seems to cover the possibility of the court not approving the profit sharing negotiated with the AFA, not the company deciding to unilaterally alter/eliminate it from the POR.

Neither seems to cover a "the investors didn't like it" excuse for unilaterally changing a negotiated provision of a CBA. Were not the profit sharing provisions a part of labors CBA's when the investors were so anxious to throw money at US/HP? What changed, except oil prices - and on that hasn't a certain individual posted quotes indicating that neither $50 nor $60/bbl oil will prevent profitability?

Jim

The creditors and investors are speaking through board and may have jumped the gun with this modification to the profit sharing plan.As with everything else it looks as though the Judge will have the final say over the matter.

This is right out of the playbook for business 101 CCY style. Degrade, deflect, divide and down right lie.
Do you realize Mr. Hawk that your "business acumen" will be used as case studies in the future for all business students on how NOT to run a business?? That's what your legacy will be. It will be right up there with Frank Lorenzo, Carl Icahn, Bernie Ebbers and the Rigas boys. The fact is Hawk what you wrote about insight into what goes on the "inside" of the company is quite telling. A very strong argument can be made that those on the "inside" have no insight on what transpires on the outside of those executive suite golden fleeced walls. You see you have to get out from behind the desk and actually get into the field to understand what the employees face everyday to have such insight. That's something none of the "Gang of 29" have ever done. Why is that the case? I think it's several reasons with the biggest one being you will be proven what a bunch of incompetent phonies you really are. You don't understand the business as has been proven by your actions and when out in the field you don't have your personal assistant to keep the buffer from you and the folks that know how to do the job and what works and won't work.
So now you come on here and degrade Bob and try to divide FFOCUS by praising some and degrading others. It worked with the employees so why not here huh Hawk? Nice try but someday you're all going to be exposed for what you are and what you've done. Remember some have emails proving what you are. I just hope they can get them out for all to read so your future prospects for employment are just as bright as those you steamrolled over during your reign of terror at US Airways.

PitBull:

Yes ALPA gets stock and if my memory serves me correctly it’s 8%. Why? It was negotiated in exchange for the concessions.

In regard to the other unions and stock, it was up to each negotiating committee to obtain their own agreement and a stock award would have been tied to concessions.

MEC Chairman Bill Pollock is calling the MEC back into session on Wednesday, June 29th at 10 a.m. in PIT for the continuation of the MEC’s regular second quarter meeting that recessed to the Call of the Chair on Friday, June 17th.

The meeting has four agenda items and one of them is the profit sharing issue. In my opinion, ALPA will challenge management’s blatant attack on the CBA, regardless of whether or not the new investors have demanded the change and the Board agreed. We should know more later this week.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

700UW:

You know exactly what I was talking about. In my opinion you’re purposely trying to be antagonistic and you’re “splitting hairsâ€￾, but do not worry I really do not care. When would now be a good time for you to grow up and to discuss issues in a grown up manner?

I believe you’re approach serves no useful purpose and only makes matters worse. In fact, in some way's...you're like another prolific poster, who makes a lot of public information available on this website and blatantly misrepresents information on two different message boards.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
you're like another prolific poster, who makes a lot of public infomration available on this website and blatantly misrepresents information on two different message baords.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="279105"][/post]​

Care to cite examples for a change?

Jim

You are using your typical M.O. try to attack and discredit the poster then face the questions and issues poised to you.

It did not work when you tried to do it to Boeing Boy, it won't work with me.

Like I said, you only care when it effects your wallet and you could care less what happens to others, how sad.

PineyBob said:
Does anyone think we should sponsor a moving party when CCY is closed?
[post="279115"][/post]​

A going away party for the CCY squad would be a grand idea!!!! Scheduled it the day after the building is closed!!!!

Judging by the responses of the company posters they are a bit on the pissed side!!!I did notice that most of the posts by the company persons came over the weekend. That was good as they do not wish to violate company policy and surfing the net during business hours!!!! And most that actually "work" for the company realize that an airline operates 24/7 and not M-F 9-5!!!!!! ;)

Hawk said:
These executives have the necessary business acumen that have prevented the company from being liqudated. Until you have walked a mile on our shoes don't cast judgement or insults. You have no insight into what transpires on the inside.
[post="279014"][/post]​

This is the single funniest post I've read in a month on this forum.

That same "business acumen" drove the airline into bankruptcy. Twice.

That same "business acumen" has burned thru almost 2 billion dollars of other people's money in 3 years (with zero return to show for it).

That same "business acumen" resulted in the PHL meltdown. The blame for this has been solidified by the feds to be at CCY's doorstep, not at labor's.

That same "business acumen" resulted in two trips thru bankruptcy court where the only real cost savings found were from labor. A monkey can accomplish that. Un-trained, even.

"Saved the company from being liquidated?" What's important to realize is that the same group of losers put the company under the liquidation threat in the first place. Selling it to Parker does not count as saving it.

I'm hoping that Teddy's last act is to kick your sorry azzez on the profit-sharing thing. Could not happen to a better bunch, and I'm hoping that's immediately after Mitchell permanently cuts the golden chutes out.

longing4piedmont said:
ah yes..... to the future of CCY and all those in upper management looking for bonuses..... you are now welcome aboard the good ship "CCY"
View attachment 3030
[post="279137"][/post]​

It appears to be a direct hit. Congratulations to Ms. Xidas.

Is some one urinating off the stern of the ship?

ClueByFour:

With all due respect, your post is a little to simplistic and there have been mistakes made by both management and labor. Do you think industry fundamentals have had anything to do with US Airways and other legacy carrier finances?

How about the events of September 11?

How about the federal government mandate to close DCA?

How about Internet booking and LCC expansion driving down yield?

How about government directed increased security costs and taxation?

How about current energy prices?

How about the stock market meltdown and bond market yields? Did this have anything to do with retirement fund market values?

How about LCC companies who never had offered Defined Benefit plans, retiree health care, or pay their employees a fraction of legacy carrier pre-bankruptcy employee wages?

Now to shift gears, how about prior management mistakes such as creating the largest regionalized airline in the world with the highest CASM? How about de-capitalizing the balance sheet by $2 billion? How about focusing on selling versus managing the company?

How about labor? Let's fight management every step of the way, led by the former RC4, to give management concessions greater than the "ask". How about US Airways labor having the highest sick rate usage in the industry, which has led to new agreements with a significant reduction in sick and vacation time.

ClueByFour, there are many more examples and enough blame to go around, but you need to tell the entire story.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Latest posts