Thank you, crews!

I would just like to thank you in a public forum for a few things, I know morale at the company seems to be in the toilet, but I wouldnt have noticed it lately with some of the crews I come in contact with. Not that everyone I deal with is a jerk, but I have noticed a huge surge of teamwork and flexibility between the agents and the crews on my flights. For example:

**Thank you for helping me with that wheelchair passenger on the int'l inbound that no one came to get. I have to stay with the airplane until everyone is in lines. I do NOT mind pushing it, but I am forbidden to leave the plane. I also know you have had a long flight and want to go home. You guys certainly didn't have to help but for those of you that understood the situation and put the passenger first, I cannot TELL you how wonderful that is and how helpful it is to keep the operation as close to on time as possible. We avoid a DOT complaint, the pax doesn't feel like a burden, and you do it with a smile!! Thank you so, so much!!! I will never expect this from you, especially since you're not really supposed to do it per your contract, but you put the pax first.

** Thank you for understanding when the jetway is being a complete pos and won't pull up properly. Half the ones in CLT are missing buttons and all messed up and are extremely difficult and intimidating to pull up to an astronomically expensive plane. Lately, the FA's have been cheerful and will help me tell the pax to watch their step on minor gaps (minor, not major) in the interest of getting the pax to their connections. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm telling you those bridges are SO hard sometimes!

***Thank you for letting me board asap even though you just came off a really long flight, didn't get to eat, and would have appreciated a five minute rest. When the shift managers are demanding on-time, it is embarrassing to have to ask you to shove your bag in the closet and let us load you up. The crews lately have been more than willing to allow us to fill them up asap.

WE ARE PUSHED TO THE MAX and must explain in detail even a minute delay,sometimes several times - - even if it wasn't controllable.

I have had several ca/lead fa agree to let me shut the door before bins are shut. We have been told that the bins arent required to be shut, but we also have been told that it used to be different and some crews dont feel comfortable doing this. Thank you for helping me during crunch time.

Thank you, a thousand times for not killing me over seat dupes. We are TRYING SO HARD to keep these to a minimum.

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like the East is pulling together again. I'm sure the West is just as helpful, but I don't get any of those crews on the intl side. I mean no disrespect to the West at all, everyone I have met there has been so helpful too.
I hope we are all pulling together, this teamwork is showing our pax that we can get this job done despite management making decisions we might loathe.

I may be the lone ranger here, but I really, really have noticed a positive change in the interactions between the ground staff and the crews.

I would just like to post this and thank you , a million times over, for the help I've recieved and did not expect - - mainly with the assist pax.

Today, flight 851 from CUN - - the crew was fantastic - -
Saturday, the SJO 830ish inbound got held due to FIS overflow and had wheelchairs and carryoffs - - the situation was frustrating and embarrassing, but they kept smiling and the FA's physically carried the pax to his wheelchair with no aisle chair (with his permission) to preserve his connection. They were all smiles and shrugged off my apologies for the situation.

This may seem like disgusting sucking up, but I wanted to make it clear that I am not being sarcastic. I really mean it. Thank you for being so wonderful and working together to get these pax home.

You all have put up with so much over the years , especially now, and your positive attitude is very encouraging to someone who is a baby in the industry with only 8 years. ( only 4 active)

You are appreciated.

Aww Shannon! That post was so uplifting!
lol.....yeah puuuukee.....jk.....

you know me! im a magnet for bitter crew abuse, i always somehow really piss them off or I emit something that pisses them off, or i luck out and just get some bad apples, but lately they have all been beyond fantastic.....far, far beyond fantastic.

It feels like pre BK US Airways again!!! (except for that nasty phl plane....ew...)

Thanks for the post Shannon! We appreciate all you guys do!

One question though, who is telling you that the bins don't have to be shut before closing the door? This is completely false. That's actually an FAA thing, not a US one. I know they push you guys to close the door, but those bins have to closed.

LOL, you tried this thread before and it didn't go so well.

Thanks FA's for the soda the other day, it was delicious!

OH and thanks for saving me those 2 subs... ALSO very tasty!

Who has time to close bins? The ladies are too busy drinking coffee in the galley before pushing back...someone has to get a pre-departure drink.

Thanks for the post Shannon!

One question though, who is telling you that the bins don't have to be shut before closing the door? This is completely false. That's actually an FAA thing, not a US one. I know they push you guys to close the door, but those bins have to closed.

Whew! That's good to know. I thought I was a freak because that's the type of looks I get from f/as and agents when I am A and I say the bins have to be closed before closing the door. I was told in requal training two years ago that the bins had to be closed but apparently no one else knows about that rule.

To Shannon: Congrats on your day shift and thanks for the kind words about the flight attendants. That was very nice of you. I know agents work really hard as well and I probably wouldn't even last a day if I had to do your job so kudos to you! We need more dedicated agents like you. Although I will say that most of the agents I have been working with have been great. Are you still in the international concourse? I start back to work on Thursday. If I have a morning departure I'll look for you!

They wouldn't let us push the plane until the person got done taking a dookie the other day..... It was hilarious!!

BTW. The captain can release the break so long as a ramper is on the tug. Just let him know you are ready to go and we will help you guys out! :)

Thanks for the post Shannon! We appreciate all you guys do!

SHHHHHH..... let me just savor the moment. A positive post on this website.
Then we have someone change the topic back to reality mode "... then you went and spoiled it all by saying something stupid like ... "

Who has time to close bins? The ladies are too busy drinking coffee in the galley before pushing back...someone has to get a pre-departure drink.
Is it departure time already? You just sit there and finish your coffee, I’ll get the overheads.

SLAM!

SLAM!

SLAM!

SLAM!

Sir! Didn’t you hear me slamming the bins shut?! You need to turn off your iPod so you can hear the safety demo!

Shannon, that was very nice of you to post such kind words. You gate agents are angels, and never get the well deserved credit you deserve. Thank You! And to all of our other frontliners, pilots, ramp, mechanics, and ops employees, THANK YOU!! :)

Ok sorry guys bins shut but tails not necessary in seats. We get different info depending on who is in charge. I checked with dorothy in inflight bins def shut!

Thanks for helping us!

I did try a thread like this earlier but it was taken as sarcasm and the cornfield got visitors after an internet pissing contest with name calling got out of control. Glad this one worked out. Lol.

Ok sorry guys bins shut but tails not necessary in seats. We get different info depending on who is in charge. I checked with dorothy in inflight bins def shut!

Thanks for helping us!

I did try a thread like this earlier but it was taken as sarcasm and the cornfield got visitors after an internet pissing contest with name calling got out of control. Glad this one worked out. Lol.

There are two different FAR's involved. One deals with having the bags stowed/bins shut and latched prior to shutting the door and the other one deals with having passengers seated and buckled up prior to push back.

Hope that helps.