Thank You To Ffocus

youngblood

Senior
Jan 17, 2004
Today I went into work,signed in, and started taking calls. Someone mentioned that there were CP'sin the cafeteria passing out candy. Of course I had to investigate. Now, I have heard they did the same for INT, but for some reason I figured PIT was in the lurch because we always are. :rolleyes: I was pleasantly suprised to find out that our ever faithful cockroaches had infested our building.

Honestly, guys, what you did meant a lot to us and was the topic of discussion for the evening. I know you ran into some problems trying to get into the building and that some of the management there looked down at their collective noses at it, but thank you from the bottom of my heart and others. It meant a lot to us. To know that we are appreciated in one form or another gives some of us hope. Hope - knowing that the sacrifices we made did not go unnoticed. It is a crying shame that management refuses to recognize the same and makes it difficult for our paying passengers to say thank you.

The act truly touched me and made me remember the job I once loved. Thank you for helping retain good memories and giving me more courage to face the future without my family at U. My best regards, prayers, and heartfelt thanks.

Christine

The CP FFocus group spent the time to travel to Pittsburgh at their own expense, brought a trunk full of candy and went up to the RES Center for a couple of hours to mingle with the agents. The agents gave them a standing ovation as they toured the Res Center.

They are awesome folks.

Parkway Center Res will close on July 29th. Folks are being thinned out every weekend as they begin to dismantle Res. Yet, the rest of the agents who watch their longtime working partners leave, still show up for work and serve the customers on the phone.

Good luck to all, and thank you to our loyal customers who appreciate the work of our agents. :up:

Thank You,"Roaches" yesterday was my last day it was very kind of you to come and visit.I for one appreciated what you did for our lack of morale,you raised it a level,were the Co.would just keep lowering it..The CELLBLOCK doors are now open.Thank You again and Thank You to all of my fellow employees.

It was with much regret that I could not be there yesterday to offer my thanks to all of those who have given us, the customer, so much over the years. After having a near fatal case of DVT last November from flying too much, I developed another one in the same leg this week and was grounded.

The professionalism of the US Airways front line has been nothing short of astounding over the years. I simply do not know how you have managed to keep your heads up and remain positive and loyal to the customer with all you have gone through. (I am going to try to get through this with out going off on a rant). You’ve heard us say it before, and I will say it again, you are the best. You will be missed by those who you have helped over the years. I miss you already as I can assure you the res centers at the other airlines can not hold your cup of water.

I know that it is very hard to leave with your head held high. You have been beat up and made to feel worthless. Please do not fall into this trap. You have given your heart and sole and we appreciate it. You are taking skills and experiences that will make you successful in all you do. Leave with the understanding that you are the best. You will be missed. Go knowing you did your best even without the support or the tools to do your jobs well. You have nothing to be ashamed of, so go with pride of knowing you did your job well. And if you need proof, five customers were willing to fly to PIT from all over the country to tell you face to face.

Again, you will never know how much it pains me to have not been able to make this trip to tell you this is person. I will have the chance in the future to meet some of you in INT as you make the move down south. To the rest, not meeting you is my loss. You are the best. You will be missed

My thanks to the beautiful young lady who went with you and for taking part of her day to go with the other roaches. You my dear are the best as well. One of these days I really am going to buy you that drink.

So as you go take with you this blessing from the Irish………

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

May you live as long as you want,
And never want as long as you live.

Always remember to forget
The things that made you sad.
But never forget to remember
The things that made you glad.
The friends that proved untrue.
Those that have stuck by you.
The troubles that passed away.
The blessings that come each day.

May the saddest day of your future be no worse
Than the happiest day of your past.

May God bless you all

Greg

The local operations manager was not happy at all about the visit from FFOUS. She remad out the gaurd about letting them on the floor. From what I understand the floor supervisors where more than happy to have them. Perhaps CCY got ahold of the Ops manager and put out the hit.

PITbull said:
If the manager would have been so stupid as to throw out the loyalist customers USAiways has, she and U would have made the papers A-gain!
[post="277707"][/post]​
She sent out a LOST "lotus" Note saying that there are not allowed back. Its not like they were there to spread ill will. I was nice to have them come and recognize us for our hard work. I have never once heard management say thank you for all your years of service or hard work, we have to hear it from our paying passengers.

USAirUnited said:
Perhaps CCY got ahold of the Ops manager and put out the hit.
[post="277706"][/post]​
They missed !!! :up:

Hey CCY, this is NOT a battle you want to fight. You will lose in the end and the press will not be pretty. Do you need some lipstick? You do remember that little exercise, do you not?

Try running the airline.......... or leave.

As A side note I just wanted to point out the Peter Principle.

In the pit res center we used to have a "ticketing manager", Bonnie Hitchens. Keep in mind there were only about 100 people in that department and it did not warrant having a separate manager for that department. Anyways every time we would have reorganization she would always be spared. So eventually I assume they couldn't keep making up jobs for her in the res center so they promoted her to "director of procedures" out in RIDC. Well since the announcement of the res center closing she has been handpicking a few people to join her exclusive entourage out in the procedures dept. I asked one of the people that were handpicked "I don't remember seeing a career opportunity bulletin for that job" she replied "oh there was one". Now I review and print the COB's daily and it’s also available on the hub and there never was a COB. I told her this and after I pressed the issue it came out that Bonnie Hitchens sent out an e-mail to very specific people saying that there would be some jobs opening up and that those recipients of the email should forward their resume to her before she posts the COB. Well like anything word spread fast among the supervisors in the res office and some of them who didn't get the email were given the information as well. Of course Bonnie gave them interviews, but none of them where hired, only the very few select ones that she wanted. The saddest part of this tale is that the people that were hired are by no means the most qualified or the most capable to handle the position.. My only hope is that America west dumps the RIDC.

USAirUnited said:
The local operations manager was not happy at all about the visit from FFOUS. She remad out the gaurd about letting them on the floor. From what I understand the floor supervisors where more than happy to have them. Perhaps CCY got ahold of the Ops manager and put out the hit.
[post="277706"][/post]​

Well, whoever had the gun had poor aim! :lol:

I hate to say this, but there was NO resistance to getting Bob, Teddy or myself in whatsoever. No one asked who we were (once we mentioned "cockroaches", many had ideas). No one from mgmt ventured out to talk to us. We walked right past the guard on the bottom level, and right past the guy on the 5th floor. I bet someone with a WN polo shirt could walk right in. ;)

So, if there was opposition, it was done behind the scenes. From my view, any mgmt there went into their offices, got on a direct line to CCY to #### and then hid until we left. :down: The sad thing is they are probably going to lose their jobs in this too, so they are no better than the frontliner rez folks.

Unauthorized persons should not be visiting reservations centers - when pax need to interact/correspond with the airline, they can do so via means such as calling the airline or visiting an ATO/CTO. The manager was right for preventing future visits to a location where proprietary company information could be unduly exposed.

avek00 said:
Unauthorized persons should not be visiting reservations centers - when pax need to interact/correspond with the airline, they can do so via means such as calling the airline or visiting an ATO/CTO. The manager was right for preventing future visits to a location where proprietary company information could be unduly exposed.
[post="277717"][/post]​

Grow up Earl. DELETED BY MODERATOR

JAXPax said:
Grow up Earl. Go back to jacking off to a picture of Gordo.
[post="277718"][/post]​

Say what you will, but even a mere visit to the res. center divulges alot of info. about US' inner workings that the airline does not want publicly shared. For example, such a visit could reveal the staffing levels of US' various phone lines at any given time - that info. could then be used by competitors for a variety of purposes. It's nice that some pax really care about US, but that does not give said persons a right to impose themselves upon EVERY facet of US Airways' inner workings.

I applaud the manager for being willing to take an unpopular action that ultimately contributes to preserving the integrity of the US operation.

avek00 said:
[post="277717"][/post]​
Looking for a job. CCY loves a suck ass such as yourself.

And if you didn't get the note the office is closeing

Latest posts