Thank You To Whom Ever Made This Merger Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramp Rogue

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Welcome aboard all America West Employees. Hopefully the powers that be will see and understand that the only fair and equitable way to integrate seniority lists is strictly by HIRE DATE. Hire date for everyone, GIT IN WHERE YOU FIT IN, in whatever respective function you are in.

Ramp Rogue said:
Welcome aboard all America West Employees. Hopefully the powers that be will see and understand that the only fair and equitable way to integrate seniority lists is strictly by HIRE DATE. Hire date for everyone, GIT IN WHERE YOU FIT IN, in whatever respective function you are in.
[post="271224"][/post]​

Oh wait and see. :ph34r:

Ramp Rogue said:
[post="271224"][/post]​
I personally don't see that happening, but I could be wrong. I'm sure the HP folks don't want DOH. Savy

If either side would not prefer to go by date of hire then why do both carriers have DOH in their contracts. Ratified by both carriers members? All of the sudden DOH is no good. US employees are not saying, "Welcome aboard" thinking they are saving anyone's a**es nor is HP saving US's. We are combining two companies that are in need of some strengthening. As an 8 year f/a at US I ask this.... If HP doesn't want their seniority affected why would they think that "I" would want my seniority affected? They are NOT bailing us out nor is US bailing them out. It's equal ground and DOH is what WILL prevail for the f/a group at least. I look forward to working with many HP employees down the road. Many senior to my 8 years and junior. To all that think of this merger between two airlines that need each other to survive a joke, I ask you this.."How is the situation at YOUR company???????? Wait and see how the other "BIG" LOL carriers scramble in reaction to this happening. Also most on the east like the east and wouldn't trade transatlantic and carribean flying to go to the west. Not to worry about some 30 year senior momma comming to phx to take your trips to god knows where over there. If you wanna come to the east when its available feel free to hop on and fly europe. We are all going to be 1 company down the road so its out of all our control. HP and US employees need not get ticked at each other. Really unproductive.

Travelpro72 said:
If either side would not prefer to go by date of hire then why do both carriers have DOH in their contracts. Ratified by both carriers members? All of the sudden DOH is no good. US employees are not saying, "Welcome aboard" thinking they are saving anyone's a**es nor is HP saving US's. We are combining two companies that are in need of some strengthening. As an 8 year f/a at US I ask this.... If HP doesn't want their seniority affected why would they think that "I" would want my seniority affected? They are NOT bailing us out nor is US bailing them out. It's equal ground and DOH is what WILL prevail for the f/a group at least. I look forward to working with many HP employees down the road. Many senior to my 8 years and junior. To all that think of this merger between two airlines that need each other to survive a joke, I ask you this.."How is the situation at YOUR company???????? Wait and see how the other "BIG" LOL carriers scramble in reaction to this happening. Also most on the east like the east and wouldn't trade transatlantic and carribean flying to go to the west. Not to worry about some 30 year senior momma comming to phx to take your trips to god knows where over there. If you wanna come to the east when its available feel free to hop on and fly europe. We are all going to be 1 company down the road so its out of all our control. HP and US employees need not get ticked at each other. Really unproductive.
[post="271313"][/post]​

Unfortunately, in an airline merger, if history tells us anything, one plus one DOES NOT equal two. Airline mergers usually yield one-and-a-half or one-and-a-quarter, with both groups vying for the remaining positions. The industry, as a whole, and, specifically, Southwest, will, no doubt, capitalize on the coming YEARS of infighting, dissension and confusion this deal is no doubt to create.

I don't see any of the other carriers crying over this deal, or even fearful of it. A big chunk of capacity is sure to leave the industry as a result, along with a corresponding number of jobs.

StraaightTaalk said:
Unfortunately, in an airline merger, if history tells us anything, one plus one DOES NOT equal two. Airline mergers usually yield one-and-a-half or one-and-a-quarter, with both groups vying for the remaining positions. The industry, as a whole, and, specifically, Southwest, will, no doubt, capitalize on the coming YEARS of infighting, dissension and confusion this deal is no doubt to create.

I don't see any of the other carriers crying over this deal, or even fearful of it. A big chunk of capacity is sure to leave the industry as a result, along with a corresponding number of jobs.
[post="271318"][/post]​

And trouble-mAAkers like you will make sure of it. Things must be really boring over on the AA boards.

AGAIN, at least with the f/a's, it WILL be DOH...it's in the bylaws, however, fences can be put in place to protect the AWA f/a's. Remember, fences have two sides. I was hired in 1987 and would prefer no more people from 1983-1986 bumping me down any further. AND AGAIN, our f/a's are pretty settled where they want to be..wwith a few former PSA folk who would go west...so chill.

Ramp Rogue said:
[post="271224"][/post]​
Ramp Rogue,

I know your intentions were probably good, but it slaps the face of your headline. Now is the time to thank Doug and let the AWA welcome US, if THEY want. Please watch how you post things as people can read this...as many have...as inflammatory.

AWA employees,
Despite our higher senorities, fences can always be put in place for an amount of time. We have a lot of pilots in their mid to upper 50's and the senior f/a's are retiring left and right and many have taken an early out. We have already had to call back furloughees and have gone thru alot of THAT list just to get 50 f/a's back. I will move up almost 1000 numbers this year alone because of this so everyone needs to relax.

It is vital that we all, AWA and US, learn from the mistakes of past airline mergers. We all at US know you have a great team of leaders. THAT, my friends at AWA, is all we at US have wanted for so too long.

We are NOT the bad guys here. I, for one want this integration process to go slow and smooth.

Don't read into the few who are here to stir the pot or the naysayers. We have a great group of workers. Don't let a few of our trouble makers paint us all as the same. I am for preserving as much of the AWA culture as possible. I and most could careless about the name, logo, or colors. Fence us all you want...but I will warn you...fighting and bickering will only destroy us and guess who will be sitting on the sidelines waiting for this to fail? You got it, SWA. ;)

America West would own 45 percent of the new airline, new equity partners would own 41 percent and 14 percent would go to US Airways, assuming a total private equity value of $850 million, the carriers said. That valuation implied a value of $6.12 a share for Americas West's stock, they said. AWA being the junior of the two... I don't see how DOH would be fare. Just my 2 cents.

Ramp Rogue said:
[post="271224"][/post]​

What an incredibly insensitive post. As a USAirways employee, I apologize to my fellow workers at America West. Please do not think that we all feel the way Ramp Rogue does. In fact, I think the vast majority of us at US are happy at the merger prospects and see it as opportunities for all of the employees at both carriers. I don't think that there are more than a handful at US who are looking for a windfall at the expense of HP employees. For the most part, we will patiently await the process to play out. Each labor group will have its own process. As a pilot, I am absolutely certain that the integration for us will be arbitrated. Personally, I think both MEC's should just meet and agree to binding arbitration right off the bat. It will save a lot of time and money, and will preclude a lot of hurtful posturing and rhetoric from both sides.

As a former Piedmont pilot, I have much sympathy for how the HP pilots might be feeling faced with a merger with a more senior group. In 1979, I was hired with a seniority number of 496. By 1989 I had move up to about 350. After the date-of-hire merger in 1989 it jumped to 1850, and now in 2005 it has finally gotten back to where it was in 1979. So I can wholeheartedly agree that a strict date-of-hire merger is totally unfair. I've been screwed by it, and I don't think the HP pilots deserve such treatment any more than I did in 1989.

My hope is that the arbitrator will find the wisdom to make this work. Granted, the ONLY pilot who will not whine about the final result is the guy who ends up #1 on the list. Pretty much everybody else will feel they got the shaft. It's the nature of the beast. Let's just get over it and move on to kicking LUV butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back