Would DOH Work For You?

I noticed you didn't touch the part about AA being the only player for all of TW.

In the end was it good for both? I never thought it was good idea from the beginning but what do I know? The deal saddled AA with a ton of debt and worn out equipment.
I will say this though, I have nothing but good things to say about all the TW employees I have been in contact with, a lot of really nice and talented folks that took the brunt of bad management decisions, as it seems all of us are about to experience the same.

I noticed you didn't touch the part about AA being the only player for all of TW.

In the end was it good for both? I never thought it was good idea from the beginning but what do I know? The deal saddled AA with a ton of debt and worn out equipment.
I will say this though, I have nothing but good things to say about all the TW employees I have been in contact with, a lot of really nice and talented folks that took the brunt of bad management decisions, as it seems all of us are about to experience the same.

I didnt't touch it because without AA's offer to buy TWA,. and the subsequent, required by that offer bk filing, there woldn't have been a bk... at least not at that time... and no question of any offers, much less how many.

AA's (Carty's...) desire to purchase most of TWA's assets generated the bk filing. Again, the testimony you quote was true, in the context it was given, which was during a bk hearing for a bk filed as a requirement, or condition of, the asset purchase agreement.

Absent that Asset Purchase Agreement, and the subsequent bk, the question of how many offers there were would have never arisen, and had no meaning.

So what you state is true, in context. That still doesn't mean that AA was teh only possible course to survival... until after the AA deal had become a "fait accompli", which it had by the time the testimony you quote was given. Then, it was.

"That's an interesting take, it was true but not true"

I didn't say that

" TW would be a bustling, successful airline right now if AA didn't buy them"

I didn't say that either... though it may have been. We'll never know, will we?

Comprehension, my man... and understanding... try it once

There was a deal in the works... yes

Was it necessary for AA... not, not in hindsight

Would TWA have liquidated in Jan 2001 without any involvement of AA? There is nothing that indicates it would have.

Later? Any answer is pure speculation. We will never really know.

We do know that other not so well off airlines did survive 9/11, etc... and that the airlines hardest hit were teh former giants running high cost high yield operations.

Was it good for both?
AA is a truly bankrupt airline. It lost 1.1 billion in 2011. That's more money in one year than TWA lost in it's history. Od planes and a mountain of debt, that's American. How much debt? 24 billion in debt. CH 7 is a real possibility, and you think AA saved TWA? From what? There is only one airline that has stapled it's union brothers and sisters in aviation history: American. "Two Great Airlines One Great Future?" Karma baby.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts