Thanks For The Memories...

Res,

Congratulations and good luck. 22 yrs is along time to invest in one company and I am sure it was a leap of faith you took. You won't regret it. You will do well in your new career.

I am currently working on Plan B myself and hope everything unfolds as planned within a few months. Meanwhile my husband and I have begun a venture with a business that may actually turn out quite rewarding.

I think the majority of U employees are planning for the crash of U and have no intention of being stuck without a paddle. Everyone I work with who has left - left with a job or some sort of plan.

Cav,

Good luck to you in your endeavors. I know you have taken some abuse here and some don't understand where you are coming from. I know you only want the best for everyone and don't wish anyone heartache. Keep the faith and count the blessings.

To everyone that has to make that difficult decision, my heart goes out to you. To the ones that leave, I think this might sum up part of what you are feeling. You have worked with a company so long, you have worked side-by-side with others for so long, you have endured changes on top of changes for so long, you have become extremely proficient in your job, and you are in a sense, in control, that now the thought of leaving your battle hardened friends and skills behind for the unknown is tough, extremely tough. Almost to the point that you may feel guilty about leaving that all behind. One person will not save or destroy this company. You have to do what is good for you and do not feel guilty about leaving someone behind for this is not the field of battle where you carry the wounded and dying off to safety. You must carry yourself.

ResCall girl and Ktty,

Best of luck to you, I also made the painful decision after realizing that I couldnt fix my once great company. It took several months and a few trips to the doctor but I am happy to report that I have a new career that is rewarding and in the short time I have been working I have made more money than I made for all of last year as an international flight attendant. USAirways was my life and I loved every minute of it, but it is gone now like a long lost friend and you have to pick up and move forward.

Again best wishes to you.

Hugh McKerlie

I, too, sent in my resignation last week after being with USAirways for only eight years. After much thought, I resigned on the anniversary of the date I got the phone call that I was hired. I came here from another airline for job security, health benefits, and a good retirement plan-none of which are going to be here upon my return from vf2-Dec '05. I have already been offered a job in medical equipment sales but am going to hold out as, while the money and benefits are excellent, it is not what I really want to do. I loved being a flight attendant, it is what I wanted to be since I was three years old, but it is now time to move on. Hearing of the company proposals to decimate almost all benefits, I can no longer view this as a career for me, rather a job-knowing that and seeing the writing on the wall, well, I hope others are able to take the initiative before there is no longer a choice in the matter.

Good luck to you, I am sure all of us will be making some tuff decisions soon.

What part of the medical field may I ask?
I have seen where some hospitals will train you and pay for it if you agree to work for them for some time.
Was just curious how you went about it?

cavalier said:
rescallgirl:

SMART MOVE!

All the ones hanging tough till the last day standing firm with the stand is closed sign in hand I just wanted to mention this is a hurricane party we all heard about. They all partied waiting for the hurricane to come and it did and killed them all, bummer party that was. That is the way I view the situation with U, it’s no different and why I won’t be attending this party. Good Luck all you party hounds choosing to stay.
[post="175877"][/post]​

Nonsense!

A ridiculous analogy! A hurricane is a REAL life-threatening event. USAirways going out of business is a real non-event in the greater scheme of things. USAirways closing the doors will not kill anyone. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic to stay employed here until the last day. Personally, I'm looking elsewhere for work. But unless something comes along that appears to be a good, stable opportunity with reasonable returns, I will ride USAirways out until the last day. At that time, I fully expect the sun to rise the next day and my life after USAirways will begin. So what!

Your post sounds like something USA320pilot might post as part of his gloom and doom strategy of panic!

"...killed them all..." INDEED! Utter NONSENSE!

USResAgt and those who have made the decision to leave. CONGRATULATIONS, you have made the decision to be in charge of your own DESTINY. Best wishes on the next chapter of your life. You are in charge now.

nycbusdriver said:
Nonsense!

A ridiculous analogy! A hurricane is a REAL life-threatening event. USAirways going out of business is a real non-event in the greater scheme of things. USAirways closing the doors will not kill anyone. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic to stay employed here until the last day. Personally, I'm looking elsewhere for work. But unless something comes along that appears to be a good, stable opportunity with reasonable returns, I will ride USAirways out until the last day. At that time, I fully expect the sun to rise the next day and my life after USAirways will begin. So what!

Your post sounds like something USA320pilot might post as part of his gloom and doom strategy of panic!
"...killed them all..." INDEED! Utter NONSENSE!
[post="175956"][/post]​

Ever hear of an allegory?

It's fact that when looking for work those that are proactive will fare better than those perceived lazy ones who sat on their tuff till the necessary day of action came upon them.

Whatever works for you. My nonsense works perfectly well for me and I am very comfortable being me and in fact lots of folks tell me that what I deal with on a daily basis would be impossible for they themselves to handle, no bragging whatsoever, just stating a solid fact.

ktflyhome said:
ResCallgirl: Congratulatins. I wish you all the best. I too am moving on. I don't have the years in that you do, but none the less it is a difficult decsion. I totally respect your situation. Most outside the industry find it hard to understand. Something we all have in common, no matter what area we devoted our time to.

Best wishes....kt
[post="175904"][/post]​
I'm sadden to see this. I have always enjoyed your contibutions here and our PM's from time to time. Like Dea said , stay in touch and let me know how it all turns out.

So many good people are leaving I wonder what will be left in the end...........

Best wishes to you in the future!!!!

To all who are leaving, best of luck and success in your new careers. We are sorry to see you go, but understand. Please feel free to keep in touch and let us know how you are doing..

Best wishes to you all,

Art

Hula Girl said:
I, too, sent in my resignation last week after being with USAirways for only eight years. After much thought, I resigned on the anniversary of the date I got the phone call that I was hired. I came here from another airline for job security, health benefits, and a good retirement plan-none of which are going to be here upon my return from vf2-Dec '05. I have already been offered a job in medical equipment sales but am going to hold out as, while the money and benefits are excellent, it is not what I really want to do. I loved being a flight attendant, it is what I wanted to be since I was three years old, but it is now time to move on. Hearing of the company proposals to decimate almost all benefits, I can no longer view this as a career for me, rather a job-knowing that and seeing the writing on the wall, well, I hope others are able to take the initiative before there is no longer a choice in the matter.
[post="175941"][/post]​
Good luck Hula Girl !! Like eveyone else that is leaving, I think you too made a very good choice. GOOD DAY!!!

everyone I talk to wants to walk out the door.they cant wait to come in and hear its
finally over. THeir waiting for that day. full pay to the last day.
management ruined one hell of a airline.

28yrsnojob said:
everyone I talk to wants to walk out the door.they cant wait to come in and hear its
finally over. THeir waiting for that day. full pay to the last day.
management ruined one hell of a airline.
[post="176202"][/post]​

Amen...The corporate mismanagement of this company goes back over a decade. It has amazed me over the years the "things" management has done.
I too await the day it is over. I won't go on my own, but have definite plans for after the door shuts... No Pay CUT!!, No concessions!!!
Just my opinion and everyone has one.

One thing we know to be an ABSOLUTE CERTAIN FACT OF LIFE....USair will NEVER be voted one of the best 100 company's to work for, in the USA. I also will be leaving shortly and will never look back. Good luck to all who stay and those that move on. Life goes on.... :D

So I take it the new CEO isn't working out too well?

Trust me and others when we say your BP and self esteem and general overall attitude shoots positive 1000 fold after leaving this dreaded H- hole.

Latest posts